Napoli vs. Red Star Belgrade @Stadio San Paolo - CL Matchday 5

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by cipro, Nov 27, 2018.

1. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yep I am 100% sure.

Once Liverpool is out, it's just between Napoli and PSG for 2nd. Head to head we are even.....goal differences we are even......goals scored even........away goals would take us through.

2. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yep exactly.

3. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So that simplifies things a bit lol

4. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thanks for posting. You guys are all wrong. Sorry but I am right.

What it says is, if Napoli loses 4-3 then Napoli are through.

Liverpool 6
    Napoli 5
    PSG 5

If Napoli lose 4-3, then Napoli’s goal diffrenece is 7-7 just like PSG. Napoli has 6 away goals and PSG has 3 so Napoli go up.

Head to head only relevant if away goals was equal as well.

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It doesn’t. I explained how it works. Point 5 only relevant if before points all fail.

6. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't think that's right.
    If u apply tiebreaker 1 and one of the teams wins that tiebreaker.......they are gone. It's done. It wouldn't make sense to use that team when factoring in the remaining tiebreakers.

7. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is what the rule book that tripwire sent said.

1. Mini table among teams that are tied
    2. After that goal difference
    3. After that more goals scored
    4. After that more away goals scored (this is why 4-3, would make Napoli go up ahead of PSG)
    5. After that there is a tie breaker (new mini table) between those who are still tied
    6. After that it goes to goal difference of the whole group
    7. After that more goals scored in the whole group
    8. After that more away goals scored in the whole group

8. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The rules are pretty clear and every website I am looking at says the same 2-1 and 3-2 not enough if PSG draws.

9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  10. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    PSG will win vs Belgrade.

In that very very likely case, Napoli need to score because Liverpool won't be shutout at home. Playing for a 0-0 tie is ridiculously unrealistic.

Napoli have been the best team in this group but also the unluckiest. They hit the post vs all three teams and obviously gave up that Di Maria fluke.

After outplaying/dominating PSG twice and Liverpool once already, it would be a shame for this team not to get to the next round.

In terms of finishing 1st or 2nd, I don't think it matters as much. Napoli would need to avoid Barca and City in the draw. Against this version of Real and Bayern, Napoli would have nothing to fear should they somehow survive this group of death. Napoli vs Atletico would be an amazing 50/50 tie. Napoli would obviously be favored over Porto. So the only teams I'd give Napoli close to zero chance of advancing against would be Barca and City. Beyond that Napoli are either even in my mind or favorites vs the Portuguese.

11. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I told you we shouldve have gone all out attack vs psg at home, since we ********ed up away

12. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    It's crazy to think the Di Maria screwed Napoli over twice by scoring that late winner out of nowhere while giving away a PK yesterday. Sometimes it's a matter of luck and Napoli haven't had much in this group. Maybe they will get lucky at Anfield.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  13. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Assume the worst case scenario which at this point I believe it a tie between PSG and Red Star, we can't lose.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  14. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm not good with calculating points, it making me dizzy with all those rules.

But guys, what "if" we TIE (draw) with Liverpool in Dec. And PSG win Red Star. Does that mean we go out?
    So what if we draw and PSG win?

15. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    In that scenario, Napoli and PSG would go through to the next round.

16. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Liverpool must win. The tricky part is if Napoli score which would likely obligate Liverpool to score three. If Napoli go in with the mindset that a tie is the objective, that is crazy. They must go there with the primary goal being to score.

At Anfield, the first 30 min should be simply to survive Liverpool's onslaught. Once they tire, which they will, they will start to expose themselves. If Napoli can avoid conceding early, then they have it within them to score like they did in Paris and Belgrade.

17. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why Liverpool "must" win? Are you a Liverpool's fan soccerr9?

I asked about a draw because Napoli have 3 draw games themselves. 5 games so far, and 2 win, 3 draw. Yes, they haven't lost, but 3 tied.
    I was wondering if it another draw. Not saying 0-0, I'm saying like 1-1 or 2-2. Are we (Napoli) still go through with like a 1-1 tie and 2-2 tie?

I obviously want Napoli to go through, I'm an Italy's fan.

If I can chose, I rather see Liverpool go through with us than PSG though, I just loathe the France team.

18. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A draw and Napoli will be through.

Liverpool must win just means they have no chanse to go through other than winning.

19. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Haha Juve fan here who would be happy with Napoli advancing given how well they have played.

I said Liverpool must win to advance in response to whether Napoli can tie.

A 0-0 tie is much much more dangerous than 1-1 or 2-2 etc because in the final minutes all Liverpool would need to do is score once. At 1-1 with minutes to go, Liverpool would have a huge mountain to climb. That is why scoring is hugely important even if Napoli risk conceding.

It's just not realistic to think that Liverpool won't score at home. To advance Napoli will have to.

Buffonfan repped this.
  20. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #96 Buffonfan, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    :) soccer9, I'm a Juventus's fan too. NT is Italy and club is Juventus for me. I like Juventus way before Ronaldo join. In fact I didn't care that CR7 join, I was like bleh bleh blah whatever, lol.

I'm Juventus fan because I'm a HUGE fan of Buffon. And you know he was with Juventus for a long long time (17 years) before he left for PSG.
    I'm sure Buffon he has to feed his family too, so whatever club pay him the most. And I'm sure he has his reasons to go to PSG, and I respect his decision (I'm still his fan), but that doesn't mean that I support PSG. I never like the France team (I give zero shit that Buffon play for PSG now, lol), so I be delighted if they get knock out of round 16.

Anyways, my question, what IF we lost, as in Napoli lost? So if we lost the game in Anfield on 12/11, then does it mean we will go through but as in second place on the chart? Or if we lost to Liverpool then we um.. out? We can't be out right? Because we have 2 wins and 3 draws. I'm just confuse at this whole points thing, I don't like numbers, lol

21. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    wait what, post #86 of soccer9, I agreed with you. I definately don't want Napoli to be with Barca and MCity, as tbh it will be hard to advance.
    sooo... what happened if it Napoli vs Juventus? lol, you think Napoli can beat Juventus?

I obvious adore both team since they both Italy's teams, and I'm a huge fan of Italy's soccer teams. But if it Napoli vs Juve, I will have to go with Juve.

22. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #98 CarecaNapoli, Dec 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    Assuming Napoli loses below the scenarios of how they would go up

1. If PSG loses, then Napoli will go up regardless of losing to Liverpool
    Napoli finish second, unless they lose by any one goal margin other than 1-0, meaning if they lose 2-1 or 3-2, they finish top

2. If PSG wins, then Napoli need to lose by any one goal margin other than 1-0, meaning they go up if they lose 2-1, 3-2, 4-3, 5-4
    Napoli finish second

3. If PSG draws, then Napoli have to lose by a one goal margin and score at least 3 goals, meaning they need to lose 4-3 or 5-4
    Napoli finish second

Insigne4BalonD'or and Buffonfan repped this.
  23. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    This must be the most flawed argument in the world. It's an example of a not so cunning sophism of the capitalist class, yet still even poor people often support it. Pablo Escobar also wanted to feed his family. In fact, some people even believe that he generously wanted to help his whole country. Pablo might have needed all the money if he had the improvement of a country in mind, but what does Buffon need millions for? Most families will never see one million in generations, yet they are fed and often, if not mostly, smarter, stronger, and kinder than the children of those who amass millions. Therefore, at least from my point of view, it's a sophism. I don't care about money at all so I am not envious of the people who have them, but it often grieves me that the resources of this earth are often used for profit rather than for curing diseases and similar stuff, so sophisms such as the one that you have posted really make me a sad sack of shit.