Napoli vs. Fiorentina @Stadio San Paolo - Matchday 4

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by cipro, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Yes, I think people simplify matters too much these days. Yes, sts you buy a player for a hundred million and it pays out, but sts you buy one for a lot of money and it simply doesn't work out. Pogba to MU, Kaka to RM... Money is important, but to think that with money you can do anything instantaneously is kind of, well, wrong.

I am not yet sure about your statement referring to the strength of our squad, as we have not yet used our new signings and except for Jorgi all the major players are still in, with Ghoulam coming back.

2. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Jorgi was a big hit IMO.

Also money is extremely important. One just has to look at the correlation between league table position and salaries to see that. I mean we would like to think that it's not about just that but that accounts for a huge portion. Pick a league any league.....there's a reason the same teams win year in year out. Sure eventually you get a Leicester City, but when those teams do win, typically the following year they are right back to where they normally are positioned.

Now that doesn't mean every single move pans out obviously, but when you have money, you can afford for things to not work out and still do well. When you don't have money, you better make sure what you do have is being used wisely. The margin of error is way smaller for those clubs.

3. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I understand and agree with all that. However, at the same time, you must admit that our team has been doing much better than those teams in SA that have higher salaries, and I'm not talking about any one season wonder. Juventus don't just have many, but they have also had a continuous stream of good work done just like us. They have sold players for big money and bought players for big money. It's not like they've just been buying.

My point was, the fact that there are more than 1 team in SA with higher salaries than us points out that though money is all you have stated it to be, it's not the only factor to be evaluated, though I do admit it's an important one.

4. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Working in these rotations so early usually will usually cause issues, but I think Carlos is looking down the road at the big picture. We'll see if it works.

5. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah I mean it's definitely not completely linear. Having the highest salaries doesn't mean for sure you are winning the league. I agree with that.

But it's a big part of it.