Napoli vs. Fiorentina @Stadio San Paolo - Matchday 4

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by cipro, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    How in the hell can Ruiz not play himself into this team?

2. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Champions league begins soon lol

3. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    we might need more food pics to make it through these last 15 mins lol

Back2NY, Sacki and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  4. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  5. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Insigne! Finally. Nice work Milik

6. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    good goal

7. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Rog for Insigne... hold on a sec. we're parking the bus now?

8. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This team really needs a game where we don’t let in a goal lol

9. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    heck at this point 1-0 is fine i guess lol

10. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think we might be going in the right direction....

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Though we are like one injury away from the team falling apart so...

12. Back2NY

Back2NY Member

Feb 2, 2011
    New York
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    That is all I got...

Attached Files:

Euphorius Thor and Il Ciuccio repped this.
  13. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    we're gonna win the champions league

Il Ciuccio and cipro repped this.
  14. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Very solid win where the team played strong front to back.

15. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    If we win the game on Tuesday, them i agree with you. The CL is ours.

Sacki and Il Ciuccio repped this.
  16. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Don Carlo today showed what subs can do. Luna’s is still to raw... his sub did nothing.

17. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Well, this could be interesting. The game was pretty boring at times, especially in the beginning, but I suppose it can only get better with time. Carlo stated in an interview that he appreciates Sarriball but that he is inclined towards a long ball here and there as well, and I think that's really something a big team needs, to score goals this and that way. Last season we were pretty much running out of ideas in that sphere and we simply didn't know how to play anything else. I am interested, I wonder where this will go...

18. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well Roma not looking so good.

19. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I think it would be best to stop looking at it this way, for how things look often don't matter in football, just like being pretty in real life does not guarantee inner beauty. Most Juve fans were complaining about their team's performances last season every single game, yet simultaneously everybody knew, including them themselves, that Juve will eventually most probably get the most wins, though looking like the most shameful thing.
    From my point of view Roma are kind of the same thing, they rarely ever entertain but they can get a win quite frequently, though not as regularly as Juve, of course.
    I will not compare them with us, for even though we did exceed their success in the league, they monstrously defeated us in the CHL, without a doubt there. So I would kind of put AS and Napoli on the same level, meaning the results of last season, of course. Though I must admit that to my soul the achievements of Roma from last season were greater, as 2nd place alone does not mean much but any rung higher on the ladder of CHL is a tasty success that even a gourmet will enjoy.
    But I also take into consideration the fact that we had tried to win the league, and though we had failed, we were damn close.

20. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Finally a clean sheet!!

Euphorius Thor repped this.
  21. Matt.Pianella

Matt.Pianella Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Toronto till i die
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Juventus win the league by January and Napoli take second place again.... This serie A season will only be interesting for the 2 final CL spots. Sorry guys but I don't see us getting out of the group stage or holding a candle to Juventus in the league this year . We do not have the quality on the field. Unless a miracle happens and players develops quickly we won't be able to challenge in the league. And to be honest we got screwed with the draw in the CL. Carlo better demand for players

22. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    best managers in the world: if plan A isnt good enough, improve plan A. Plan B is not an option for the best out there (Guardiola, Sarri, Lopertegui).

I dont care what you or any other underappreciater of sarri say, its hard to blame him for players not performing - and please dont give me that fatigue bollocks, most who rival the favourites use the same Xl and win leagues. ghoulam's injury (and refs) was basically the reason Sarri didnt win the league

23. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Well, it's always difficult to compete with Juve, no matter who you buy and for how much. Just look at the top teams in SA: one totally fails with Parma, another loses a lead of two goals against Chievo, and the third one barely draws with Cagliari. So much has been written about their ultimate power this year and so far it's been the same old song again. With that in mind, I believe that up until now we can sort of be pretty satisfied, as we have been experimenting a lot, learning new things to expand our options and capabilities, as well as building a unit team that can compete on both fronts and moreover, giving a chance to more than just 11 players. If the project succeeds, we can indeed be happy even if we lost to Juve this year again, for it's kind of the thing that everybody always expects no matter what.

Costa has been a very important player for Juve so far, so let's hope his absence will make Juve stumble a bit.

24. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    From my point of view if Guardiola is the best manager in the world then Carlo should be included as well, without bias. The fact that the relatively young and trophyless Sarri is included without a doubt is kind of funny. There had been so many managers who had come onto the scene in great style only to run out of steam later on. But whatever... And I am no underappreciater, I just don't believe in perfection, though I do believe to try and achieve it should be every man's goal, though I know it is unattainable.

25. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think it's less about our quality and more about the quality of Juve.

Seriously, in the past two days I watched Inter lose to Parma at home, Roma draw with Chievo and Milan drawing with Caglari. I agree...........2nd place is the most likely spot for this team cause I don't see anyone below them lighting the world on fire currently.

As far as Juve goes, last year was our year. Now they got stronger and you could say we got weaker.

That being said, 4 games in I'm not exactly ready to just throw away the season lol. Let's hopefully make it interesting.

Euphorius Thor repped this.