Napoli Transfer Rumors, Speculation, and Official Transfer Thread PART 8 [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, May 18, 2016.

1. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Sounds like Juve's Giovanni Manna will be our new director. Meluso, I'm afraid to say, was never up to the job.

This has also led to rumors that Allegri might join him here. I'm not favorable of Allegri, but I prefer him to Conte.

Manna has supposedly met with Jonathan David's agent. We will face tough competition for him from EPL, Milan, and elsewhere.

There's talk of Immobile. Ciro has struggled this past season, but would be a good squad player for a season or two.

2. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Allegri to Napoli rumours today. Lol kill me

3. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    No sympathy for arrogant Catalans. I'm glad the terrorists funders advanced.

SF19 repped this.
  4. Rossonero23

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Jonathan David

Never trust a brother with 2 first names.

5. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    You bums will beat us to his signature

Sacki repped this.
  6. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Rumour: Cannavaro will be managing Udinese. Will be interesting since he offered to coach Napoli in our current crisis.

I think it's good we didn't sign him, since he could become an asset in the future given enough experience. With our current squad Cannavaro was doomed to fail and that would be waste of a big Napoli personality.

7. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I never trust any napoli rumour until it's official. ADL keeps every decision making in house with a very small group on the need to know basis - mostly his children.

SF19 repped this.
  8. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    If we hire Pioli were are such idiots.

9. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Retegui? smh

10. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    CdS claims Cheisa will leave Juve if Allegri stays. We ought to sign him.

11. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don’t mind Retegui. But he’s a completely different striker than Osi. Retegui looks a pure box sniper. Excellent position and timing. But he’s very injury prone.

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I keep hearing Conte will be going to Napoli....

13. Rossonero23

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Birdie whispering the special one, jose.

14. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Conte is only coming to Napoli as a last resort. If you think about it, there are very few places he can land right now.

15. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Kvara won't renew. He's waiting on Barca. If the money is good, we should sell.

Best thing to do is give backing to Manna, build a strong primavera, find young players abroad, and hire a manager who wants to be here long term. Have a plan for 10 years.

16. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As long as the pimp owns this club, we’re not going to spend a penny on the youth system because according to him it’s a waste of money.

We should sell Kvara 100%. When good teams have good projects, you can’t be afraid to turnover players especially when there is a profit to be made. But this ownership is incapable of long term thinking

Jeremy Goodwin repped this.
  17. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Rai are reporting Conte and ADL have an agreement

SF19 repped this.
  18. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    I'm watching Viola thrash Sassuolo on TNT Sport (where Serie A airs in the UK). The commentator said that ADL and Conte is a "match made in hell."

19. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #12970 Sacki, May 1, 2024
    Last edited: May 1, 2024
    Kim being scapegoated in the 1st leg of the CL semis, even though Kimmich and Dier did absolutely nothing to cover up the space he was arguably forced (from a tactical point of view) to leave behind. Great news for us Napoli fans if he becomes available on the market. Hopefully, he wants to come home.

Edit: I was wrong even Tuchel has been out blaming Kim:
    "He was too ´greedy´ twice. He made the first move too early against Vinicius in the first goal and got caught by Toni Kroos´ pass. He speculated and was too aggressive. In the second goal, unfortunately it was another mistake. We were 5 against 2, we had the numbers. There was no need to defend that aggressively against Rodrygo. The moment Eric was about to help, he [Kim] brought him [Rodrygo] down. Unfortunately with their quality, these mistakes get punished. But well, it happens. We have to move on"

This could be great news for ADL

20. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #12971 Sacki, May 1, 2024
    Last edited: May 1, 2024
    rumour says adl is playing hard ball to keep kvicha at napoli at his current salary of 1.5 for at least another year. Kvicha is asking for 5 million. If this is true ADL has to go. Just give the man 5 mill, I would rather have happy players than a continuation of whatever this season's players are doing.
    Also get rid of Rrahmani and Juan Jesus, they seem like the types to stir up a locker room debate and I for one fully believe the rumour they are such people. They won't get improved contracts or be key players because they are bad players, simple as such, and they should come to that realization on their own.

Plus with Kvara at only 5, we can use that as a reference point to whomever else asks for a significant raise: "Well our biggest star only makes 5, what are you doing?"

other rumour suggest that cajuste and Lindstrom will be kept for at least one more season to prove themselves.

just looked up our salaries. https://www.capology.com/club/napoli/salaries/

Kvicha should be offered what he is asking for, even if he hasn't been his best he still has been our best performing player, simply because he is the best pure footballing talent Napoli has.

21. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    What do you guys think the chances of Meret also leaving for Inter is? His contract is running out after this season if I'm not mistaken.

22. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ADL was ready to give him an extension and more money last summer and Kvara didn't sign.

What has he done this season that says he is still worth that investment when he's got years on his contract?

I'm ready to show him the door. Everyone else is going, and he's not a player you can build a team around.

SF19 repped this.
  23. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Very difficult to see Kim back in Napoli for a couple of reasons. At this point he’s out of range price wise. His price tag would be something in the 50-60 range and that’s not the money this club spends on defenders. Even a loan deal is improbable. Kim didn’t like Napoli and he said the vibe of the city was too chaotic. If Kim comes back to Italy, it’s probably going to be at one of the striped teams.

Kim’s success last year was down to coaching. Spalletti doesn’t get enough credit

SF19 repped this.
  24. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think Napoli can choose to pick up the option on an extension if I’m not mistaken.

In any case, we already programmed his replacement with Caprile