Napoli Transfer Rumors, Speculation, and Official Transfer Thread PART 8 [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, May 18, 2016.

1. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Looks like he primarily plays down the left despite being left footed.. Similar to Kvara except much quicker. Having the 2 of them with Raspadori would be unfair

SF19 repped this.
  2. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I did read that a few EPL teams were on his trail, including Arsenal. Kid is still raw, but man he is explosive. Under proper coaching, this kid can be something special.

SF19 and Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  3. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    IMO he has more of a Cristiano quality (that goal he scored is very similar to the famous goals Cristiano scored against Fulham and Milan during his first stint at United). I think he will try to emulate Ukie legend Sheva, become more of a pure goalscorer like Sheva did.

Kvara idolizes Cristiano, but he likes to have the ball and do things with it. IMO Kvara reminds me a lot of Figo, which is how a young Cristiano modelled himself. I think he will remain that kind of player. He won't look to simplify his game and become a pure goal scorer like Cristiano did when he modelled himself more after van Nistelrooy.

4. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
    411E2457-6203-4B39-86A4-1320E523975A.jpeg
    83F15228-EDD5-4C49-B709-BD5D9F19785F.jpeg
    D3309D08-616C-4CE9-934B-C31DF4E41704.jpeg

cheers lad

11plavih and SF19 repped this.
  5. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    With respect to Fiorentina, Italiano has his work cut out trying to turn Jovic back into a gun. I'm not sure it can be done. Cabral is decent, but is not exceptional. Fiorentina badly need a dependable scorer. The tactics and approach are solid.

Allegri has to get with the times. It's like he wants football to be played like it was in the 80s. Too pedestrian. But he's wily and I do not want to underestimate him.

Mourinho is a winner. No denying it. I wouldn't be surprised if Roma win Europa or finish top four.

Spalletti has impressed this season. I wasn't sure if he could do it, but so far he has and even surpassed expectations. Unlike Allegri, he gets with the times and actually tries to get ahead and set the trends. This might be his season.

6. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I like Italiano but he is failing massively. I do think part of the problem is on their management. For starters it was a massive mistake to not redeem Torreira. He was their best player last year. Besides Sottil, there is no pure winger. They signed Barak who is a good player, but does not fit into this system. They made really bad purchases last window; Ikone is terrible. Cabral has great movement but can’t score to save his life. And Jovic is looking like he will flop once again

7. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    That Conference league loss is bad. It shows they are losing focus and lack commitment. IMO the lack of goals is making the team less motivated to perform.

The January window will give them a chance to sign someone proper up front if Jovic doesn't find himself again. Seems to be having a harder time with that than a gay teenager.

8. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    De Zerbi got the Brighton job. I think he'll do well. Could open the door for younger Italian managers into the EPL.

9. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Reposted from Gazetta dello Sport:

Lobotka-Zielinsky, Ecco la Qualita’per Spalletti
    https://www.persemprenapoli.it/home-page/lobotka-zielinsky-ecco-la-qualitaper-spalletti/

I don't speak Italian, so I had to rely on google translate. Spalletti's model has long been to have the balance in the form of registi (Ziely) and incursori (Angui and Lobo). Zielinsky is rediscovering himself as a box-to-box player. Now that Ruiz is removed from the picture, he has more freedom to take on his favored positions to score/assist.

That's best explanation I've seen on Ziely's improved performances. I knew Ziely needed to play more as a proper midfielder to give the team more balance, but I felt he needed to sacrifice the more creative element of his game to do that. Spalletti is proving he doesn't. By removing Ruiz, the team that can transition more quickly, play more vertically, and give Ziely more ability to express his qualities. Lobotka has picked up the tab Ruiz has left, giving us a horizontal dimension with sideways passes, drawing cheap fouls, and creating the stability for the team, while Anguissa provides an aggression that allows us to defend higher and attack from better positions.

Euphorius Thor and 11plavih repped this.
  10. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Giuntoli to Juve?

11. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    That would be a big loss.

11plavih and Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  12. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    I saw some stories that Lozano was offered to Man U and Real. I think he has a much better chance of signing for a smaller club in England or Spain, but a good World Cup can do him wonders. It seems like he's finding form at the right time to make a move happen.

LGRod repped this.
  13. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Unless the clubs overpay for him, I find it difficult to imagine we'll get rid of him in January. The season is long and this season is nuts.

Next summer is another story

LGRod and 11plavih repped this.
  14. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    He has shown some of his value lately--and I can see your point about January.

If our form continues like this, we will have a hard time keeping most of this team together after the summer.

LGRod and 11plavih repped this.
  15. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I don't think we'll sell in January, it wouldn't make much sense. I think this is the team for the entire season and I don't mind that one bit. The team feels complete and has the sense of a brotherhood. Demme is coming back and he should be able to give Lobotka some rest when needed. We have depth at LB, Zanoli, Gaetano and Zerbin can hopefully push to earn some minutes.

16. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The rumors are back........

17. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    NO, just NOOOO. Right now we have great players, everyone playing for the team. We don't need to destroy it.

11plavih repped this.
  18. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Hell no, thanks but no thanks

11plavih repped this.
  19. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He wants to jump on the bandwagon

20. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    The thing about cr7 is that he'll always score goals, he doesn't go many games without scoring. Right now he has lost his joy at united. Maybe getting him would get us silverware.

It's a tough call. Historically we have been dropping form after the winter break.

I can see both positives and negatives about this acquisition.

If osimhen drops form we have another big name ready to take his spot.

Simeone, rasp and Osimhen are great players for 1 position, but none of them has the same mentality and winning attitude. If they stop scoring we have

21. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Selfish player who can disrupt the entire locker room. Some maybe don't realize how much that can bring an entire season down.

Listen carefully to what was said by his teammates at Juve, and what his teammates are saying about him now in the locker room.

Keep that cancer where he is thanks.

Retrosword repped this.
  22. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In my view priority meeds to be selling Demme and buying a left wing

23. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    He was injured in preseason and just came back to training 3 weeks ago to be fair

24. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know but he is not the best to replace Lobotka. I rather take a bet on Gaetano.

We have
    Zielinski/ELMAS - Lobotka/GAETANO - Anguissa/NDOMBELE

We need someone on the left wing.

25. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    A proper sub for Kvara would be nice yes