Napoli Transfer Rumors, Speculation, and Official Transfer Thread PART 8 [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, May 18, 2016.

1. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Agreed: however, that is not what love is about. He has enough money to afford this kind of love quite freely, as I am quite sure I would have lived 5 lives with the money he already has, with a wife and 20 children, while feeding 7,000 families in Africa or Serbia, and spending more on charity.

My conclusion is, if this is how he wants to play it, let's stop this I love Napoli bullshit.

2. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Appears we're signing André Zambo Anguissa from Fulham on loan with option to buy for 9mil.

He's a defensive midfielder and 25 years old. I can't say I know too much about the player, I've never really focused on him when watching the odd Premier League game. Anyone have a clue about what he brings to the table?

Link:

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why would Napoli send Andrea Petagna to Sampdoria after he came in and scored the winner yesterday?

It seems to me he would be an important player.

4. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Because Napoli

5. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have no idea about Anguissa. Maybe he's the guy we thought we were getting when we got Bakayoko on loan. At the very least he will have more to offer than Palmiero who is a Serie B caliber player

6. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't know about important, but definitely useful. Petagna is a decent back up #9

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He came in and scored the game winner worth 3 points in the 84th minute.

That seems pretty important to me.

8. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    is it official ?

9. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    They say Thorsby in exchange for Petagna. Spalletti wants midfielders.

Zielinski should be back after the break and he will probably play as a false nine against Juventus.

10. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They are getting Caputo no need for Pategna

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They also sent Geatano out on loan again..

12. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
  13. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Meret out again

14. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Insigne/Ounas - Osimhen/Mertens/Petagna - Lozano/Politano

Zielinski/Elmas - Demme/Lobotka/Anguissa - Fabian/Anguissa

Rui - KK/JJ - Manolas/Rrahmani / DiLo/Malcuit

Meret/Ospina

I think we have a top attack and top defense.

What worries me is
    1. Keeper
    2. Left back
    3. Midfield as Zielinski and Fabian are not consistent

SF19 repped this.
  15. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Lobotka played a wonderful game against Slovenia, he was the only Slovak player rated 8/10 in the game. If he keeps it up and shakes off his timidity in the Napoli shirt, he's a starter for sure.

CarecaNapoli, SF19 and tripwire repped this.
  16. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    8.5 against Croatia. We lost due to a goal scored by Brozovic in the 85th minute. It was a good game, we needed a bit of luck, but still, we deserved a draw at least. Skriniar had 8, against Slovenia he got 7. The journalists wrote: Skriniar is a wall, Lobotka is an engine.

Lobotka was always in action and he didn't lose balls, didn't commit errors. He cleared up the space in front of the central defs, and often maneuvered the team out of tight situations. He often passed the ball to the attacking trio, and he often brought the ball right to the oppositions's box with great speed, where once he created a perfect chance for Mak. He was sts passing the ball with the outer side of his foor, enjoying himself, his stamina recovered, his confidence too.

I really like this player's attributes. There is great potential in him, I love his ability to find the space and time for a moment of surprise. He just runs up the field like a cheetah or sth. His size makes it easy for him to maneuver around opposition. I really hope he will show it all at Napoli.

CarecaNapoli and tripwire repped this.
  17. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    The Slovakia pagelle are much kinder than the Italian. I think an 8 in Slovakia probably gets a 6 in Italy's papers.

18. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    You are extremely wrong in this, but I will only offer 2 arguments in my defense:
    1. I watched both of the games, and I can tell you that Lobotka was superb.

2. When he was not playing, the media had basically written that he was a fat fu*k who did not deserve to wear our colors, albeit a bit euphemistically, but the meaning was still much more distinguishable than in the Italian media, where it definitely was much kinder. The regular people on the Internet and in the pubs were much harsher, they would not even consider the possibility of his getting back to the roster. When I tried to argue in his defense, they laughed at me and told me that he can go suck a di*k, wholly ignoring that he was playing for a SA team and not in the American pseudo league or sth like that, one of the better SA teams at that. Many of our experts and former football players have praised him a lot. As for me, personally, if I compare Lobotka's performance with that of Zielinski against us when we defeated Poland, it was like Lobotka could use sight and Ziel was completely blind, meaning the games played now, as Lobotka wasn't included in the game against Poland because of the facts mentioned above, proving my point a bit further. Neither the media, nor the coach, nor the fans would have allowed it.

Do not underestimate my country when it comes to this kind of stuff, please. Maybe we are not as passionate as Italians, but when it comes to hating each other for any reason whatever, we excel. Therefore, once you have received approval throughout in Slovakia, I can assure you, that sh*t is real.

SF19 and Il Ciuccio repped this.
  19. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You are the king of Slovakia

20. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is all encouraging on Lobotka and consistent with his performances at Napoli too. Let’s hope he keeps it up.

21. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Watched the Napoli friendly and Fabian, Politano, Petagna and Malcuit were useless.

22. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It’s only a friendly

23. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    I still think Slovakia rates players too kindly even if hating each other over there is a fine art form. They don't give 8s out in Italy. Maybe a 7 if a player scores more then 3 goals, but after 5 goals they start thinking the opposition just isn't that good and they put the player back at 6.

24. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    #10224 Euphorius Thor, Sep 7, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    That may be true, and it also might have been that I misunderstood the purport of your comment, as you probably didn't mean to say that the difference in rating had a great influence on the objective reality.

I believe that Lobotka proved himself against opposition that is considered to be at our level(Slovenia), and above our level(Croatia). He did really well; however, I haven't been that satisfied with him in the Napoli shirt so far, as I feel like he is capable of more, to be more assertive and creative on the pitch. He is great at maneuvering out of tight positions to then accurately pass the ball forward, or at least calm the game up a bit. On the other hand, he can recognize free space in the midfield and run forward like a bullet shot from a gun.

If he can do that more in the Napoli colors, then I believe he will be a great contribution to the team, and I truly hope that his rediscovered confidence under Spal will do just that.

PS: I do not really write about his ability because he is from Sloavkia, but rather because I am not very confident in our midfield. This is my way of hoping for salvation, praying that my praise be not only a result of Lobotka's absence in the previous season(s).

SF19 repped this.
  25. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    the only thing Lobotka needs is confidence. He has played in Denmark - don't know if he adopted our vagina mentality