Napoli Transfer Rumors, Speculation, and Official Transfer Thread PART 8 [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, May 18, 2016.

1. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What are we doing? We have no clear strategy like last year. Guintoli Is to blame as well but Gattuso is acting like Ancelotti.

Do we want to play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3?

If 4-2-3-1 then Fabian should be sold and buy Nandez and Torreira so we play
    Torreira/Demme - Nandez/Lobotka

Fabian, Zielinski and Elmas are not suited for those deeper midfield positions.

If 4-3-3 then how many wingers do we need? Buy a good midfielder instead of focusing on Boga and Under.

We already have Insigne, Mertens, Osimhen, Petagna, Lozano, Politano and this is before selling Milik, Ounas, Younes and Llorente Who are still all here.

2. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Demme wants to leave because he feels 4-2-3-1 does not suit him.

from the day that Conte came he had ideas. He kicked out the tree biggest stars at Inter for his system. After the arrival of one striker Gattuso is full of doubts. This is like Ancelotti last year. You will not achieve anything this way.

3. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The Demme rumours make absolutely no sense. For starters Gattuso is not decided on formation. He has been tinkering with a new system, but he doesn’t have the players to play 4-2-3-1. To play this style, Napoli need Demme + a new mediano who is very physical.

It’s true that Fiorentina are looking for a player of Demme’s profile. They have been trying to sign Torreira. But I doubt they would want to part with Castrovilli whose is younger and whose value is increasing.

It would be nice to have Castrovilli, but right now we need defensive mids

4. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gattuso needs to make up his mind. What is going on is absolute nonsense.

5. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Milan getting tonali for around 30 million. Where the ******** are we?

Under Sarri we could attract talents like tonali, now we fight for top four, maybe even top 6

Dont know why Gattuso is still the manager. He tries to copy sarri, which I like, but it feels more like a Chinese knock off than proper management and quality on the pitch. At least he can motivate the players - let's see how long that'll last

Allan being sold for 25 is a disgrace as well. He is perfect at what he does, just get a better manager.

6. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    And if we play 4231 why did we just sell Allan?
    I believe he will stick to 433 with his usually unbalanced midfield

7. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I fully agree to all you say.

How can we cannot sign Tonali at those prices?

How come we sell Allan for only 25 million?

Total mismanagement by ADL, Guintoli but also Gattuso not to mention the fraud that was our last coach.

Some said Llorente was a smart acquisition. I always opposed it. Now he is on our hands with 4.5 million.

8. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Complete mismanagement. The training retreat was a joke. Most players were there for a short time.

Below what Guintoli and Gattuso need to answer:

GOAL
    Gattuso needs to either pick Meret or sell him instead of destroying his confidence. In any case Ospina cannot be starter

WINGBACK
    The Ghoulam and Malcuit situation is a joke. They in limbo. We need a strong fit left back.

What will happen to Hysaj? Why not sell him of they cannot agree on a reasonable contract? Mismanagement again.

CENTERBACK
    Koulibaly even asked for clarity. Same with Maksimovic who needs to renew.

Sokratis is an insult. He is not good and cannot pass. If you rebuild and weaken at least bring you g players with prospects.

MIDFIELD
    This is fully on Gattuso. He needs to make up his mind.

Roma does not want to sell Veretout nor is he special. Pathetic how we may spend more on him than we sold Allan for.

Most importantly Gattuso needs to make up his mind about formation and train the team before season starts.

ATTACK
    We need to offload Milik, Llorente, Ounas and Younes and we still will have Insigne, Mertens, Osimhen, Petagna, Lozano, Politano.

I understand Boga but Under would be a disaster. Regardless our tight wing will be weak.

The retreat has been a joke too ADL made some money but what training is it when half the team does not know if they are staying and the other half is with national team.

9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Unlike that fraud and overrated coach Ancelotti I like Gattuso. He wants to play passing football and brings motivation. I still think he is just not good enough and will fail badly.

I hope ADL has a deal with Sarri to bring him in January or we are looking at a big decline.

10. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Allan wanted out and ownership wanted to sell. There was no saving this marriage

11. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So looks like the rumors of Pirlo calling Milik and telling him to sit a year to sign a pre-contract in January were true. Milik is considering all his options and hasn’t made a decision yet. Sitting out a year can be detrimental to his career IMO but he might do it if it means he goes to Turin

If this happens, it will be yet another time that ADL and co have been outfoxed by Juve (First being the Higuain release). They waited for Milik to have one year left on his deal to decide his future

12. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Di Marzio reporting that Manchester and Napoli are very close to an agreement. All negotiations are being done through K2' agent. There is no direct dialogue

13. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    My worry is Sokratis. If we get him Gattuso needs to be fired. Benched Meret for not being good at passing and now wants a defender that Arsenal is kicking out because he is bad with his feet?

14. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Gattuso and also Giuntoli. Remember that he's responsible also for Napoli's programming.

15. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

16. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Luperto is good riddance.

I want to see those now who criticized me for calling the Llorente deal dumb last year. It will be difficult to get him off the books with his high salary.

17. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Of course. He has barely brought good players but then again he bought Fabian and makes a lot of good small deals that bring money.

Let’s see how Osimhen turns out and losing out on Gabriel was not on Guintoli.

My big worry are Sokratis and Under. Under is at least young but Sokratis would really make me hate Gattuso. It more importantly proves the Meret passing was a lie because Sokratis is the worse passing defender. There is also nothing exciting about average players in the decline phase of their career.

18. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Sokratis is very much a defender in the mold of Claudio Gentile, Paolo Montero, or your very own Ciro Ferrera, but he's no Bonucci. He completes simple passes and leaves it others to play it into attack, like Gattuso did alongside Pirlo. Sokratis and Manolas can read each others minds, which seems to be the basic logic behind his transfer. I don't know to what extent Gattuso plans to play him, but at the very least he'll add good depth to the defense.

Cengiz seems to have been cut from the same cloth as Mo Salah. He's pacey and tricky, but he needs to sharpen his boots still and become even more direct. If he signs with Dzeko, the two will compliment each other well, but losing Maksimovic will require that Napoli sign another left-footed center-back I would think.

I don't understand Gattuso's distrust of Meret. He's trying to unsettle him and he has clearly succeeded. Maybe Gattuso knows something about motivating players the rest of us don't, maybe he's just way off base. Who knows what Gattuso is trying to accomplish with this gambit, but if they lose a wantaway Meret in the process, I think that would be a mistake.

19. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree to most. I think two center backs will arrive and Maksimovic will leave. The question is, is Sokratis better to Maksimovic?

Regarding Under, he has talent but is injury prone and inconsistent. Should Napoli risk it? The team is already full of wingers and getting Under means Jeremy Boga would not be needed. Isn’t Boga a better option? Lozano and Politano can play on the right. I get buying Under if Lozano is sold.

20. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm not exactly opposed to having Sokratis, but I would only take him as a #4, and not a #2. Having an experienced hand come in in case of injury is always a bonus. But the potential scenario of starting the season with Manolas and Sokratis as our starting CB pairing is not one that inspires confidence. Losing both Koulibaly and Maksimovic in one transfer window is BIG. Gabriel would have been a nice acquisition because he is highly rated, but that ship has sailed.

No offence, but Cengiz is nowhere near the talent of Salah

21. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The big news this morning is the proposed "maxi-swaps" between Roma and Napoli. Napoli would send Milik, Maksi and maybe Ounas to Roma for Veretout, Under and a primavera player Riccardi (who they say is very good)

They're saying that Veretout is now open to the possibility of coming to Napoli. All this still depends on Milik.

Napoli are seeing increased competition for Boga. The latest team to inquire about him are Bayer who will have a LOAD of cash when they sell Havertz

22. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They even overpaid for Schick.

Is Veretout any good?

23. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Can't fault them. He showed great things at Samp. The good thing for Roma is that bayer are willing to give them 29 million for his transfer. So it's a loss, but it could have been worse

I rate Veretout. We needed to sign him last summer

24. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don’t see any swap deals happening between us and Roma.

25. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don’t see any deals mate