Napoli Transfer Rumors, Speculation, and Official Transfer Thread PART 8 [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, May 18, 2016.

1. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Seems we are getting Petagna and Rodriguez.

The team would have been good if we bought two top guys instead.

Those two positions we will be average at best. I worry less about left back as Mario Rui can start. But Petagna and Milik are not good.

2. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Rodriguez is on loan with option to buy so if he doesn't perform I can see us being in the market for a left back come June.

Petagna is tough to judge based off his stats because he doesn't score a ridiculous amount but he's actually clinical and he reminds me of a Gattuso type of striker. He's tough and he'll try to bully other cb's. He's actually strong in the air too. If I had to relate him to any other striker in the game it'd probably be Diego Costa (From a playstyle perspective not from the other bs Diego Costa does)

3. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Why are we paying 17 million for Petagna?
    If we sell Milik for 40+ million (which shouldn't be hard since he's white and has decent stats) and use Petagna as a second to a bigger name, I'm all for it.

K2, Allan, Fabian, and Mertens to leave?
    I'm expecting our older stars to leave and I've made my peace with it, but I just don't see any quality names being brought up to replace them with.

btw if we are gonna sell K2 I know that Chelsea, United and Man City are very desperate right now in this window. I think he will be the most expensive CB of all time - mostly because buying him will be seen as a direct reaction to when LFC bought Van Dijk for a lot of money

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  4. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    True but all the players you mentioned above were players we bought from Genk, Udinese, Real Betis and PSV. They aren't once in a lifetime playres. We just had a once in a lifetime coach to bring the best out of them because of their qualities and the way we used to play.

With Gattuso, if we buy the right players we can achieve something great again.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You forgot Callejon.

i hope we keep Fabian.

I don’t mind Petagna but only if we sell Milik. Otherwise to think we have moved from Cavani and Higuain to Petagna and Milik is depressing.

Kumbulla seems to not want us.

For left back I see no one quality coming.

This is turning into a very average team with not even youngsters with potential.

6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #9331 CarecaNapoli, Jan 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    You think Gattuso is the man?

Insigne/Lozano - Milik/Petagna - Politano/Lozano
    Zielinski/Elmas - Demme/Lobotka - Fabian or Allan/?
    ?
    /Rui - Manolas/? - Rrahmani/Maksimovic - Di Lorenzo/Hysaj
    Meret/Ospina

We really need need a top left back and striker and keep Fabian.

Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  7. upskiupski

upskiupski Member

May 12, 2006
    Alicante
    What is happening with Callejon? Is he leaving on a free like Mertens?

8. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I don't consider him a star :p

9. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #9334 Sacki, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    I had heard of all of them before Napoli was linked to them. K2 was the fastest CB in fifa (haha). Allan was a beast in general. Who didn't know Mertens from PSV?! Callejon scored goals for fun when he was subbed on for RM and was excellent at Espanyol, Fabian Ruiz in Betis was a big name in Spain after a breakthrough season, even Ghoulam was in Ligue 1's team of the season the year we got him.

We used to sign B-list stars who were young as well. Now we sign c-list children who might become "okay" - just okay enough to play Serie A for Napoli, not to compete for the Scudetto.

Petagna just doesn't scream quality like those mentioned above.

10. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Cavani, Higuain and Mertens*

He scored a goal a game under Sarri for a long period, whilst being a false 9.
    I'd take Mertens in top form over those two any day.

11. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree

12. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know but Mertens was more than that and not bought as a striker. My point was previous strikers we bought were much better.

13. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Let's be real, with Juventus and Inter spending the amount of money they can (whether it be for transfer fees or contracts cuz we know ADL would never spend 8mil a year on Eriksen even if he only cost 20mil). We won't win the scudetto. Our only chance of the scudetto is buying young and hoping they turn out and then hoping they stay loyal. Our best chance to win was with Sarri and ADL never spent. Our chances at competing for the scudetto under Aurelio are over. I've come to grips with that. It's disappointing but we just can't compete at that level without more investment and ADL won't invest more.

CarecaNapoli and Sacki repped this.
  14. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What’s the point in paying all that money and keeping him on loan.

CarecaNapoli, Ciro Di Marzio and Sacki repped this.
  15. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I just don't understand what's happening at the minute. Why are we giving teams money to keep their players for Another 6 months?

Someone like Petagna will probably never be as needed by Napoli as he is now since Mertens is injured/old/leaving and Milik is just a mediocre football player.

CarecaNapoli and Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  16. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Worst thing is right now the team we have can compete for the scudetto with 2 or 3 decent signings. We still have the best defenders in the league and our midfield is starting to look balanced. I will admit every forward we have except mertens are just not consistently good; Lozano is useless and Milik is holding us back most of the time

CarecaNapoli and Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  17. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    100% right. For probably the 1st time in a long time, it's our offence that it causing us problems and the reason we tie/lose games and not win. I also for the life of me can't think of a world class striker who we could have brought in for an affordable price and who would WANT to come here.

18. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Makes no sense.

19. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is not the first time we have done this... Roberto Inglese.... Ciccertti....Vincuis....

It’s like we are doing some sort of bad book keeping making sure we are making loses to hide profits....

20. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    That would require an investigation. However, from my experience, this requires a proper analysis, complicated and complex. The market is not the same every month or year. The fact that we bought this or that player in the past may just mean that we capitalized on possibilities that simply aren't there this time around, or maybe our management just doesn't see them, though they would perhaps like to.

Saying DL will not invest is fine, but do we have the money or is it financially feasible? Football spawns a lot of money these days, but in turn the people involved in it are overpaid to a degree unimaginable. Maybe we just lack the funds to pay 8 million a year, for we are still years behind many other teams. But even if we just didn't want to pay him 8 million, I'd still take that as a reasonable argument, and I would be willing to hear the details of it...

The situation about giving teams money to keep sb. That needs to be looked into. I do not understand many things but sts they are clarified when I reach a deeper level of understanding, for it indeed does have levels.

21. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree but we are not even buying young. Most are mid 20s.

But Tonali and Haaland not Demme and Petagna.

Sacki repped this.
  22. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree. But ADL wants money.

23. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I they want to sell Milik and he is the replacement.

Sacki repped this.
  24. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ADL needs to invest to increase revenue. That requires long term commitment. He is not interested.

Sacki repped this.
  25. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I could handle being run by Fiorentina if it meant we built a stadium where could actually generate the revenue of bigger clubs in the future. If we continue right now we're just stuck in the group of clubs that have potential to be big clubs but not the revenue to actually compete. Look at Atletico, we should follow their model.

CarecaNapoli and Euphorius Thor repped this.