Napoli Supporters Club?

Discussion in 'Italy: Southern Clubs' started by cmblfc, Feb 9, 2005.

1. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are there any Napoli Supporters Clubs in the USA? If so, how do I go about finding information, or joining?

2. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Umm, okay Randy......you didnt answer my question. I know we have alot of fans. Thats why I want to know if there is a supporters club in the USA.

3. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    I think Randy just posted in the wrong thread. I'll move the game report to the main Nanpoli thread.

4. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    cmblfc i think were was one in Paterson, New Jersey a couple minutes from where i am. But after the club went downhill the club closed. There is still to my knownlodge a Roma club in Paterson.
    But there has to be a Napoli Club somewhere in New York. Try googling it

5. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I cant find it. Someones gotta know something about one in NYC. About half of the Italians in the tri-state area are from southern Italy, and most of them Neapolitans.

Gianpaolo said his cousin knew something about it........any results???

6. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    well i googled everything from Napoli in america, Napoli soccer clubs america, New York + Napoli Calico, everything and all i got was Napoli's history and fan links.
    I did find http://www.interfc.com/club.htm an inter based supports club in new york so there is help. I'll keep checking

7. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I emailed the guy from the inter supporters club. Now im waiting for a response.

8. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
  9. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will email them too.

It seems all of the prices are as follows.

$120-full membership 1 year
    $60-part member (cant vote)
    $25-under 16 years old member

.....I wonder how much a membership card would cost.......without any perks.

10. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fvck. Just read this:

There used to be a club in Brooklyn but they closed down over 10 years ago.

Sorry.

Tony Di Piazza

-------------- Original message from chris boulay <cmbnd10@yahoo.com>: --------------

Dear Inter Club Moratti USA,

My name is Christopher Boulay. I am 17, and live in Connecticut. I was curious if you knew any information on a Napoli Supporter's Club in the USA. I am a huge Napoli fan, and have been frantically looking to see if there was a club here for it. I have heard that there used to be one in Patterson, New Jersey, but it has since closed down. I have also heard that there is one in NYC.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Forza Italia!

Sincerely,

Christopher Boulay

Apparently, this dude is the web guy for both Inter's and Palermo's Supporter's clubs. So he would know I guess.

What a buzzkill.

Well......anyone wanna create one? Cuz I want a freakin membership card.

11. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, so this thread isnt a complete waste, does anyone know where I can find pictures of Napolis logo that are relatively large (bigger than avatar size) online? I havent been able to get any.

12. GianPaolo

GianPaolo New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Sorry for the delay, i've been busy. i talked to my cousin and he said there was a "fan club" not a supporters club (same difference) in South Brooklyn but has been closed for approx 6 years now. I suppose they closed because the team hadn't been doing that great and most Napolitan's that i know in NY are moving back to the old country.

If we make it to Serie B i'll be in to start the club with you just like Tony D did with the Palermo club in Queens.
    It is going to be VERY diffacult to start and run this club with everyone living in diferent locations but we'll try.

lets see your in Connecticut
    MrItalian is in jersey
    I'll be in brooklyn in 2 months
    and Randy i believe is from Philly

Awh we'll work something out when the time comes.

13. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Oops! :D

Been real busy...

I don't know of any supporters club in the US. I only know of the Club Napoli Internet which is just an online club as the name implies. In Naples, we used to get together in groups and go to games etc., but nothing organized. We were supposed to get membership cards, but that fell through. We did manage to get scarves, though.

What exactly is the nature of supporters clubs, especially in places where you can't watch games together? Aside from online discussions, there isn't much more we could do... :confused:

14. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really want a membership card and a scarve lol. Thats what Ive been hoping for.

I was talking to my friend about creating a club, but Idk how I would do it with going to college in the fall. But being part of a club is no problem. He proposed a monthly newsletter, along with membership cards for the people who join. I dont have any issues with following the games, other than seeing them, I get news just as you guys do. I think that next year, when we are in B, we will see them more online and such.

Also, the prices seem really high for supporter's clubs. Does anyone know why? And they also mentioned meetings they had. Would that be for trips to the stadium? I dont really get the meeting thing.

NYC, or a major city in the tri-state area would be ideal for a supporter's club, even if it was a P.O. Box.

Any suggestions? Anyone wanna pilot this?

15. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do we have any connections in Italy? I know some of you guys visit there alot. And some have family. We need to prepare something like this now, so it is ready for the beginning of next season. It shouldnt really cost us money, other than a P.O. Box. If one of you guys will be in NYC, its best that it goes there.

I can write for a newsletter. I am going to college in the fall and my major is mass communications and my minor is journalism. Writing as part of a newsletter would be good for me. Im up to whatever I can try to do.

I dont know Italian, so I would need someone to translate. A webcam of Sao Paolo would be sweet. Damn sweet.

16. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I would be very intersected in starting or being a part of a Napoli Supporters Club. Most of us live in the Tri State area so thats a start. I think the Inter Club go to Milan once a year and see an Inter game which is not included in that price (not 100% sure) but thats a great idea. I do have family members in the Salerno area that are Napoli fans, but don't know how far that is going to get us. I think we should talk to the owner or web master of Inter's and Palermo's club in NYC since they are the same person (didn't someone say that?)

17. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its the same guy. I will email him again, but I have to know what exactly to say. Any help?

But I really dont think the price should be as high as Inters or Palermos. Thats alot of money. Seriously, we have enough interest for something like this, that $20-30 membership would be good for a year. I mean, supplies to do this dont cost that much. They would send things to the P.O. Box, and someone would pick them up, and read them, collect the money. Someone else would send out the membership cards, a few people could work on a newsletter. We can start out small. We dont even have to plan trips there yet. If we do this for a couple years, which isnt too hard, this could be one of the coolest things ever.

Honestly, this is going to work.

EDIT: Someone would have to run a small website too, with info on membership, upcoming games, info on newsletter, and team progress.

ANOTHER EDIT:Manchester United's supporter's club is probably the best known in the USA. Their prices are a bit more reasonable. Only $45. I still think we could go with $20-30, though.

18. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I emailed him. And I got a response. The next 2 things here is both of them.

Dear Mr. DiPiazza,

I, along with a few others, have proposed to create a Supporter's Club for Napoli, because of the lack of a current one in the USA. One of the people helping to create it has family in Italy who are Napoli fans, and we have also proposed a newsletter, a website, as well as membership cards. Do you have any advice for us on how we should go about doing this? Inter's and Palermo's Supporter's Clubs seem to be doing very well. Good luck with both of your supporter's clubs. Any advice or input is greatly appreciated.

Forza Italia!

Sincerely,

Christopher Boulay

His Response:

Hi Chris

I would start by contacting the NAPOLI organization, they have a website. Once you create that direct link with the organization then it's all up to you guys here. Don't expect much pr anything from NAPOLI but their acknowledgement will give you credibility and make it easier for you to build the club.

Good luck,

Tony

So, we have our mission. Anyone want to contact the club? MrItalian said he has family in Salerno, could we work through them? Or does someone want to make a few calls? How should we go about doing this thing. Its better to do this whole thing before next season starts, so that we are ready for the upcoming season.

19. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    1st of all what's Napoli's website? i think we should email them telling them what we want to do, and see whats next.

20. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, I am not sure. I know of www.clubnapoli.it and www.calcionapolinews.it CNN seems like they have an inside look on the team, but its all in italian, so i cant really read it too well. And their new thing on their website dosent let page translators translate it.

I guess we could email Calcio Napoli News, but someone will have to do it who is fluent.

EDIT: info@calcionapolinews.it or redazione@napolimagazine.com

the second link there is Club Napoli's.

21. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    My italian isn't that great, i can understand it, but i don't think i should write it.
    Randy, or Giano? and is clubnapoli the offical site?

22. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Club Napoli is the official site. Thats what Calcio Napoli News says about it at least.

23. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    allright. now all we need is someone to right them an emial on our stands.

24. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Club Napoli is NOT the official club page. It is the page of the greatest Napoli club on Earth, the Club Napoli Internet, which I have been a member of since first discovering the internet in 1996. The heart and soul of the club is its mailing list, which I have actually not participated in for some years due to lack of time and real desire to deal with the attitudes of many of the fans on there (especially around the time of relegations and bankruptcy threats which eventually materialized).

Anyway, years ago we tried to make the CNI an "officially recognized" club but it turned out to be a major hassle. We wanted to display a club banner at all home games etc., but didn't work out. Can't remember whatever happened with the idea, but I do remember it cost money.

I can email the CNI president and ask him for advice. In any case I'm seriously swamped at the moment and won't be able to do much in the way of translating etc. Give me some time and I should have a response from Elio, the CNI president.

Not sure of an official page for the club since the bankruptcy. The old official page was worthless (the CNI page was always the number 1 resource for Napoli fans online, anyway - someone flirted with the idea of approaching the club and informing them that we did have a page that could be made official after all but that never went anywhere...).

25. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, email him when you get a chance randy, let us know the result.