Napoli Serie A 2023/24 - defense of the Scudetto!

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Jeremy Goodwin, May 4, 2023.

1. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yeah and if I'm not mistaken he's from Naples? He sometimes offers some valuable insights from a localist perspective.

2. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    There is a rumor Napoli will try to get Kim back on loan. I think Bayern sell him this summer. Loan lol. We are such clowns.

indestructible repped this.
  3. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Could it be?.... the worst 45 minutes this season?

4. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We aren't going to pay 45m eur to get him back if he's just going to have another release clause and leave in January.

5. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Davide Nicola is back at it. Dark, stormy clouds over us today.

We are too easily beaten on crosses. Looking better on the ball now, but lacking that edge to pierce stubborn defenses.

6. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Even commentator noting improved passing from the lads.

7. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he's not happy at Bayern and not happy in Napoli, he should probably just go back to Korea.

AGomes repped this.
  8. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    He hasn't been playing since Asian Cup. Lost his place to Eric Dier. A lot of Spurs fans wrote Dier off. Looks a key player for Bayern.

Kim is a good CB, but not worth the money. He should go to England. I think he would excel at Spurs or West Ham. These are good, European level clubs. They can play with that money. At a bigger club, even at Man U with that questionable defense, he would struggle to establish himself as a regular.

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Empoli - Napoli 1-0!

Povero Napoli.

This season has been terrible after their scudetto winning season....

10. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  11. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    The game was over when Raspadori came on to play on the wing. Napoli stopped being dangerous after this. This happens every time Rasp comes on (to play wing) whilst we are behind. Just use lindstrøm dammit he is a natural left winger, he will stay wide instead of narrowing the field.

In fact Raspadori, Simeone, Osimhen and Ngonge are all natural center forwards. They where all on the at the same time. Last time this happened this happened.

12. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    I saw something like this happening.

13. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Better 2nd half, but overall poor performance. Empoli had something to play for, staving off relegation. We had nothing. We'll be lucky to finish in the top 10 if we don't show more desire.

I don't mind the goal we conceded. Our problem is scoring and creating clear chances. Our finishing is non-existent. We keep the ball well and have decent passing patterns in our repertoire, but in the final third everything falls apart. I didn't agree with the sub on Poli. Kvara for Raspa, OK.

14. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    The problem for me with the subs are that neither ngonge and especially Rasp hug the sideline. This makes the center more compact. We stopped being dangerous after they came on when things where nearing a positive conclusion for Napoli with an okay start to the second half.

SF19 repped this.
  15. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    The game was over before it started. We don't care and it shows. After half-time, we showed some purpose, but we lack a cutting edge. As I said before, players are afraid to show their quality. Anguissa made a great run into the box. What does he do? He passed the ball back. He should have taken a shot. Players are afraid to get physical. We concede a goal and DiLo doesn't even lay a finger on the scorer. So what if he's taller, put your body on him. Kvara has a good little run into the box and blasts over the net. Anxious shot, no composure. We need to stop playing afraid, with anxiety. We need to play with belief again.

Sacki repped this.
  16. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Team played like trash, but sure it was Raspadori’s fault

Sacki repped this.
  17. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Calzona. I didn't intend to blame it on Raspadori but the manager's dispositions. To me he is a striker/second striker.

18. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I completely agree, but I also see patterns where they aren't set up to succeed that well. An example of this is Anguissa finding himself in pocket of space at a numerical advantage while Zielinski is the one getting the ball to him from deep. Last season those 2 roles were reversed.

SF19 repped this.
  19. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    It isn't. At least not yet. Milan 96 to 97 went from 1st to 11th. Napoli are currently 8th. We'll see at the end what the Points Difference in due time.

20. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I will never use the sentence it cannot get any worse ever again, because clearly it can. Today I basically watched the game at work, and I decided to actually fully dedicate myself to work because watching that game was far worse than working, even on a Saturday.

The fans's anger is intuitive, and they are more right than pointing out tactics, although I do agree with Sacki to a degree. We lack balls. An old problem, this team has never had much grit, only bright moments when things were going well.

I am not sure if I even want to watch the next game, for it has literally become painful to watch. Losing is one thing, but trying to support your team in spite of everything, and seeing nothing and less as games pass by, that is insane.

Here in Slovakia we love football and hockey, we are decent in hockey, and competitive in football. Through hard times or good times, we always appreciate our national teams if we can see the fighting spirit there, no matter what the result. There is no fighting spirit here. The guys show up to work not as if they had their dream jobs, which they do have, but rather as if they were people who speak 5 languages behind the counter at Walmart. Even people like that can show more passion for the work they do not deserve, than this team of zombies.

Seems like not even our good ol' Il ciuccio has any pithy remarks left for this... Or maybe he'd just dead drunk somewhere, conceiving something in his drunken dreams, and he will share tomorrow.

SF19 repped this.
  21. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    With these performances, we are lucky to even be allowed to step foot on the pitch. I am dreading the investigation into Osimhen, for if they do find sth in the end, we will end up down there with Empoli.

22. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This team has become worse than a 5 dollar hooker at least you know with 5 bucks you’ll get some pleasure as long as you keep your eyes closed… this team costs millions and gives the fans less action than a virgin on Easter Sunday.

Euphorius Thor and SF19 repped this.
  23. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    At this point I think Juve would have won the league had they not been hit with demoralizing point deductions.

24. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Juve struggling for form like us. Allegri's expensive payout is the only reason he is still coaching them.

25. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Indeed.