Napoli Serie A 2023/24 - defense of the Scudetto!

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Jeremy Goodwin, May 4, 2023.

1. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frosinone on Sunday at 6:30 Eastern.

Who's scheduling these unholy midday Sunday games? It's the work of the devil.

2. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Yeah, how tf am I supposed to stay sober until noon on a Sunday.

SF19 repped this.
  3. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well at least Politano's 50th league goal woke me up a bit.

SF19 repped this.
  4. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heck of a ahot from Kvara leading to that corner.

5. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Cheddira proving a point today.

6. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like he gets an unfair advantage when also dressed like a cheddar.

SF19 repped this.
  8. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Can't say its been boring. Di Eusebio likes to play football. But we made it too easy for them.

10. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Classic Rui school of jujitsu there.

SF19 repped this.
  11. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Harsh red to Rui.

Game over. Loud whistling, fans unhappy with the team.

12. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cheddira's a heck of a player. I guess Froz will need to sell him on the way down.

Oh wait, he's our player... Wtf

SF19 repped this.
  13. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Is it just me or is some kind of racism becoming a theme among the last 3 Napoli coaches?
    In no way or form is Italy experienced players like Raspadori and Simeone better midfielders/wingers than Ngonge and Lindstrom, but they are always brought on when we need a midfielder or winger.

Mario rui over Natan is a joke. Rahmani over Natan is also a joke but a little more understandable.

We need to be rid of this excluding culture of players not playing because they dont speak Italian or arent cultural enough for the manager's liking.

Yes the players I've mentioned have been shit but they are still better at their jobs (winger/midfield) than stand in forwards like Rasp and simeone. Rui is just past it.

Its so frustrating to watch week in week out we lose the battle in midfield because those two morons are being brought on. We bought replacements for the midfield and wing, use them dammit.

14. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't have any problem with Raspadori coming on. He's proven himself as a clutch contributor over and over.

Ngonge seems alright. I don't care for Simeone or Lindstrom.

15. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    In what way? Getting a lucky goal or a cross? What wing work does he actually do?
    Ngonge and Lindstrom may actually turn in to viable options.

Rasp does his best but he doesn't have it in his locker imo to be a winger at a Serie A level. He lacks pace and positioning on the wing. It makes sense since he is a number 9

16. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah scoring goals. That's the game man.

17. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    At what cost though? The team plays worse 9/10 times he is brought on as a wing. Makes sense he is not a wing.

18. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I dont fullt disagree but why take out politano and bring raspadori on when you have Ngonge and Lindstrom on the bench? Dont forget Spalletti never did that if lozano was ready, instead rasp played in the number 10.

I still think he is close to useless unless played up front. 2 seasons of obsolete performances except for 2 months where osimhen was injured under spalletti.
    But that is my opinion

19. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lindstrom has been in the press recently saying he's had a lot of trouble adjusting to Napoli.

Lozano was kind of useless on the wing too. Makes you wonder if it's the scheme at fault, except we've had four coaches and the same issue.

Calzona has a lot of fan pressure too, in cases like this it tends to be easier to play it safe with familar players than to shake things up, especially if they're marginal improvements at best.

SF19 repped this.
  20. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    The star player is Osi and the players did the knee thing last weekend. Rqcism isn't a factor in team selections. Doesn't mean racists idiots don't exist, like when those clowns monkey howled at Leao when he was arriving by bus or the other idiot who ran the socials.

I'm a fan of Raspa, but how do we fit him into the 11? In 3 games against Milan last season we couldn't score until he unlocked them with an amazing cross. Spalletti couldn't make it work, so I doubt another manager will either. If the Zaniolo rumors are true, we may let him go. He has to start somewhere. Hes too good to be on the bench.

21. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Ngonge and Natan need time to mature. They have a lot of potential, but also make mistakes, lack awareness.

Raspadori is the opposite, he is mature beyond his years.

22. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I didn't mean racism based on race but cultural differences. It feels like they have to be either Italian or have eaten at least 100 Neapolitan-style pizzas to get playing time. When there is a chance the last 3 managers have always gone for the Italian options, even if there are more suitable options. You don't see other big teams with this level of amateurism. Napoli for some inexplainable reason keeps giving chances to players like Rahmani, Jesus, Rui, Simeone, and Raspadori instead of accepting that those players keep blowing it on a weekly basis. It just doesn't seem fair to me, can only imagine what some players in the locker room must think, I think this is one of the reasons it's such a divided group now. Cajuste is only playing because there are no other midfielders that Napoli owns, in fact, he is probably the worst one of the new signings but gets the most playing time WHY?

I'm afraid no manager can fix this issue since it might be a top-down decision based on either stupid deals ADL has made with agents or his own doings to improve value of his assets.

23. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only one of those guys is Italian. Maybe we need more Italians.

24. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    You know what I mean, players that are either from Italy or have played in Italy for a period of time. We need less Italians IMO, they are mostly overrated except for a select few with a massive price point to follow we can't afford. Napoli's star players have not exactly been Italian through history.

The argument here is why are players like Natan, Ngonge, Lindstrom, and Ostigaard so far down the pecking order? They might be bad but so are the the alternatives. I would go for bad that have had less chances to prove themselves, because they might actually become something useful.

25. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Italian players totally overpriced.