Napoli Pre-season 18/19

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Sacki, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I hope Hamsik will be able to provide passes like that throughout the whole season. And I hope there will be a shark who can actually capitalize on it... Jose was both offside and missed the goal...

2. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Hamsik is great but he can't play with zielinski in midfield too. Rog, allan and Ruiz are preferred

3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Karnezis is so bad. What a stupid buy.

4. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Yes, he's been better than I was hoping for so far, hopefully he can keep it up. We will see how Carlo resolves the Zielinski and Hamsik problem.

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just sell Zielinski, Diawara, Hysaj, Callejon, Milik and Inglese and buy a few good players.

Sacki repped this.
  6. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Another sketchy goal. Big test for big Mak, as he comes on for Albiol.

7. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Don't worry, if we can't do shit once the season has progressed a bit, all of you here will be trying to assuage my rage!

One thing is very positive, i.e. we got the chance to try our players in a different system against one of the best teams in Europe these days. Other things are as bad as it gets...

8. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Milik needs to go. He has been like every game he has started. Adds nothing.

Sacki repped this.
  9. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Karnezis right into the path of Sturridge:confused: 4-0. Maybe Ochoa should be 2nd GK

10. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Meret going down has fcked our season....

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Alright Don Carlo... What are you going to do...

12. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Carlo looked either nervous or submerged deep in turbulent thought. I hope it was the latter. But we were not as bad at it would seem while we were in "full strength", now we have simply lost hope.

I wonder how Carlo wants to motivate the players after this...

13. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Very possible we drop points because of Karnezis in our tough opening games.

edit: Karnezis again should've done better 5-0

14. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Let’s not just blame Karnezis which was a dumb transfer. He was sub at Watford last year.

My main worries:

We are weak in goal.

Defense looks like under Benitez.

Diawara is useless. It’s like last year when we needed Jorginho to play every game. Now we need Hamsik.

Milik and Inglese need to ******** off.

Sacki repped this.
  15. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That proves why Sarri did the right thing not rotating.

16. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    In my books, not yet. But it may be true, I just think the whole team was utterly demoralized in this game, the English are ahead of us in many ways and they are damn strong.

We can assume anything, e.g. that our bench players cannot recover their quality because after last season they still haven't woken up. They had no tough games, so now this will be a big lesson for them and we will see what happens next.

Still, we shouldn't have failed this horribly, I wonder what the coach, the players, and the president will have to say...

17. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    all i can say is thank god i can say "its only pre season game"

Sacki repped this.
  18. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    We need Mertens back for our next two friendlies. And if we're going to give our reserve players minutes, then integrate them with the starters one or two at a time. Throwing them on all at once is not going to help much. Start a midfield of Ruiz, Hamik & Rog next game. Rog showed some form today, but the other reserves hampered his time on the pitch.

Sacki and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  19. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Allan should play right back and Rog start. Mertens maybe over Insigne and Verdi over Callejon. If we don’t buy a striker then season is over. Milik and Inglese are garbage. I hate when people say give them a chance. Which game where Milik started last year did he impress?

I hope I am wrong but Ancelotti never had a team like Napoli where he had to win with inferior players. Sarri worked wonders and peope got fooled thinking we have amazing players. Like every coach we have I will stick by Ancelotti and there are not better options out there. But Sarri was something else.

20. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sarri is a real man. He didn’t go into coaching from any sort of pedigree. He was never a former player of some top team. Sarri coaches out of love for the game and that love turned into something great. Carlo has had a golden bottle in his mouth for more than 30 years.

Sacki and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  21. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I hope that you are wrong, but hey, it is possible that you aren't.

However, I still want to wait, and hopefully your prognoses will not come true... I mean, they're quire disastrous. Still, the factors remain. Carlo will face a very different set of opponents, for the teams in Serie A keep improving.

It was also a very blind and overly ambitious choice to have a friendly with an English team, and not just any one, but the one specifically that had beaten MU like a bunch of little kids... I would definitely blame DL for blind ambition, or whoever it was that decided to put us through sth like that which happened this evening.

If you are right about Carlo(for I do not know his personal history from childhood to adulthood), well, then he must have learned to motivate players at least, and a good thing that was, as now the team will need sth like a Gandalf lvl motivator. They will probably feel like walking into Mordor before getting on the pitch to face Lazio... We have to show sth against Dortmund to regain some confidence before the Romans...

22. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Horrible game but Liverpool was motivated and we are not and they have better players. And loosing to last season champions league finalist is not shameful but getting trashed like that is. End of the day, its only a friendly although the signs aren't good.

23. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    We were not serious? Look at the players calling for a fault on albiol on salahs goal. Hamsik is great, finally, but he needs a stronger defence around him. Piotr and diawara don't have enough to become world class in their positions.
    We need a better RB than hysaj and a better striker than milik just to get top 4 imo. Callejon isn't even the biggest problem for me anymore, in fact he is one of our better players on this starting Xl

24. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    We can't be motivated if we were trashed 5-0. We also have less time for preparation.

25. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    dortmund-napoli starts in 15 mins

its on espn+ in the US if anyone cares

26. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead