Pre-match: Napoli - Lecce

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Euphorius Thor, Feb 9, 2020.

1. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Our little purple patch is over, we’re back to being shit

2. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    We need to stop worshiping mediocrity in this club. Zielinski and milik should have been let go seasons ago, while Lozano should be in the stands.

Zielinski has had enough time to prove his God given talent (which he doesn't have)

3. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Fabian ruiz is the only player who challenged sarris 11...to this day today the others still can't outperform these aging stars

Its not good enough

4. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Insigne-mertens-callejon
    Ruiz-demme/lobotka-allan
    Rui-k2-manolas-hysaj
    Meret

No more horsing around, just play these 11 and we'll win most games

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I defended Gattuso until now. He came and improved morale and fitness. But he is not the right coach for us.

1. Meret is better than Ospina. He is also the future. The season is over. Not sure how Meret does not start

2. Koulibaly should play in CL only because his head is not there. He was absolutely awful. Not sure what Manolas was benched

3. I have no idea why in a game like this Hysaj does not okay over Di Lorenzo

4. why decimate a midfield that was solid in first half?

5. Zielinski needs to be benched now. Agree Fabian should start

6. why is Mertens on the bench? He is by far our best player in attack

7. Callejon and Milik are just horrible

8. Lozano needs to be sold. It does not matter how much we paid

Sacki repped this.
  6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don’t want Callejon in there

7. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    It's what we know. Politano will have to work his way in. Today he was just okay... Nothing more

8. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Manolas traveled to Greece to see his daughter, I think.

9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Manolas was there

10. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Yes, I know, but coaches these days pay a whole lot of attention to who is constantly with the team working and stuff, so I guess that's why.

11. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Thank you to everyone who wanted Ancelotti out just because he replaced the best coach we've had. You guys are amazing, we're clearly so much better now. At least Ancelotti would've given us a chance against Barcelona.

@CarecaNapoli this post is for you.

RichardBarker repped this.
  12. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What would you have the club do, continue to persist with something that clearly wasn’t working? The fact that Gattuso isn’t doing such a great job doesn’t mean Ancelotti didn’t deserve to be sacked

13. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #63 Sacki, Feb 9, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    They have similar problems, except we play better under Gattuso. I still think they are way too lenient both of them. The problem is they are both confused and it paints the picture that they just don't know enough about modern-day football. The first thing someone like Pep would do is get rid of Milik and Zielinski from the starting line up - they don't fit in of how we want to play. Milik for obvious reasons, Zielinski because he just doesn't have the concentration level to play such an important role consistently. Fabian Ruiz is on his day one of the 10 best midfielders in Europe and here we are waiting for Zielinski to get his breakthrough as if we actively are trying to halt Ruiz' progression - we treat him like a player on loan making him play fill in midfield roles that don't suit his style when he is a number 8 and not a regista or a defensive midfielder.

Ruiz forced Hamsik to leave by outperforming him and here Zielinski is taking the playing time off Ruiz. Zielinski hasn't improved since he joined - why should he play when our stars are ready?

Mertens is still on another level as a number 9 than Milik, especially in this system with these players.

I don't understand how these two Poles managed to get so overrated.

I can't answer why Meret isn't playing. And Hysaj's current form as a RB over Di Lorenzo is a testament of how important it is we stick with the players that started under Sarri.

Sometimes the way forwards is to go backwards to what worked and try to improve on that.

14. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Sarri is about to get sacked by Juventus. Wonder if he comes back

15. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It was clear our season was done at the time he was fired. We were too far behind in the Serie A, but Ancelotti had us getting the results in europe. Why not keep him to try and do something special in Europe? Instead you throw everything away, sure we're playing better I guess but the results have barely changed.

We're stuck with mediocrity now and you can tell by the players we're bringing in. We will turn into Lazio.

16. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #66 Sacki, Feb 9, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    I'm afraid this is true. However, when we have a bunch of quality players and they're not being utilized questions can be asked about the manager.

I don't care Ruiz, K2, Allan, Meret, and Mertens aren't delivering the same stats as previously in the career, get them on the pitch! It's not like the competition is shining in their absence and I would rather have an out of form world-class player in there than these "maybe-stars".

Also when I say play Mertens, I absolutely only mean play Mertens as a lone striker without Milik on the pitch to ruin the build-up for everyone else. I know Mertens is 32, but so are Benzema, Lewandowski, Aguero, and Cavani. Mertens' passing, layoffs, positioning, and shooting abilities are still world-class - What can Milik do, other than making us predictable? Even when he plays well he is a liability for his teammates. He is just not good enough. It's a shame because I'm starting to like Milik more and more since he has also added work ethics to his game and he traverses more now as well. He might be a great number 9, just not for Napoli... unless we change the entire squad

If people don't understand why Mertens should play they also wouldn't understand why Firmino is one of the best number 9s in the world, despite not scoring many goals.

17. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Nobody has figured out why gay love is a double-edged sword yet? Don't let the bad results get to you, you have to stay rational and think logically. C'mon, it's not that difficult!

18. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    If Gattuso gets the formula right about the construction of a proper starting 11 I still believe in top 4, however, he seems to fall in love with the wrong players.

Unless it has been directed from above I find many of the players selected in the starting line-up very questionable. We need to know whether it is ADL or the managers that keep pushing these two Poles to start games all the time despite them (or the team when they do start) not providing the numbers. Also, this season, I'm positive some players are being frozen out for whatever reason, not being their performances on the pitch.

At least Juventus lost again, I guess. This season we could've won the scudetto, too bad we never turned up.

19. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Firing Ancelotti had nothing to do with me wanting or not.

But I am very happy he is gone.

1. Who destroyed Napoli’s beautiful game?

2. Under whose management did we turn into a team without passion and fans stopped showing up? (This happened from February last season)

3. Under whose management did we lose fitness levels, stopped running and people started having muscular problems?

4. Who decimated our midfield?

5. Who spent so much money on Lozano?

6. Who insisted on Llorente?

Gattuso has done mistakes and he is not the future but I take him any day over Ancelotti (he had very similar problems at Bayern).

I enjoyed the first 20 minutes today and I cannot remember when I can say that about Ancelotti’s football.

Sacki repped this.
  20. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    But he's been doing well at Everton so far, or no?

21. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He is. But bear in mind that he is good at coming and taking something and making tweaks. look at first few months at Napoli. Next year is important.

22. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    There is a world of difference taking over a team that has gotten on average 90 points a season for 3 years, as to taking over Everton.

23. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Any coach that would've taken over after Sarri would've been branded a failure.

24. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Sarri himself would have failed, in my opinion... The coach is not the only thing that matters, in fact he matters very little, and it's funny how coaches often say it quite straightforwardly and the fans still don't (want to) get it.

They ignore it as successfully as you ignore my query about gay love.

25. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    you can't be serious... I guess good CEO's make as much as bad ones as well.