Napoli first half of the season review !

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ok let us look at our season so far.

As things stand we are in 3rd place one point above Lazio.

I to be honest was hoping for more this season but the injury to Milik and Raul put a major damper on our team's ability and the fact that Gabbi could not take up the mantel when Milik got injured really screwed things up for us. If our team stayed healthy we might be tied with Juve right now or at least a few points behind in 2nd place.

Reina has been pretty much a cheerleader this season. His decline as a top goalkeeper is showing and he must be replaced.

Lorenzo for the most part of the season has been disappointing. Sarri punching the shit out the metal wall thing on our bench pretty much showed the collective frustration.

Jorgy needs to figure things out and must try harder to be the player Sarri wants him to be out on the field. Diwara has shown great things and will continue to grow as a player. He has a bright future with us and shows that we are no longer looking at Gargano type players anymore which shows some major growth from this club !

I'm not expecting much from our winter market. If we get 20mil for Gabbi that would be great...plus a performance clause increasing his price tag to 25 mil wouldn't be such a bad idea...

All in all we could of done better if not for the injuries. I trust in Sarri and I know we will come out strong for the 2nd half of the season. I don't know about these Diego talks.... He is mythical being for this club but I'm not to sure that will make him a good person to have on our coaching staff....

Anyways what are your guy's thoughts?

CarecaNapoli and JCNapoli17 repped this.
  2. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I think the Milik injury derailed us with Gabbiadini being useless as a striker. Finishing 1st in CL group is great and I'm looking forward to Madrid tie. Season is far from over and despite my criticisms the team and Sarri have done well to keep things afloat.

We have extremely good depth in midfield and if we had Gabbiadini who could finish we would be okay.

AFCON will make things a bit difficult off the bat for us but I think the guys are up for it. It's nice to have CB depth as well. I think we need a backup to Hysaj as well.

3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well said. I agree to everything you said. I am also little disappointed but given the circumstances we are in a good position.

But remember Milan has a game in hand so we can end up being forth. The AFCON is a major worry.

It is absolutely critical to qualify for CL so I hope ADL realizes that.

Pavoletti in and Gabi and El Kaddouri likely out.

In my view the squad is fantastic with the exception of
    Goal (we have to buy someone now)
    Vice Hysaj (we need to address now because a Hysaj injury or ban would screw us)

I am also not impressed by Giak and would like a proper vice Callejon but that can be done in summer.