Napoli 21-22 Serie A Season Thread

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Bedelcigil, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    That was fun.

Euphorius Thor repped this.
  2. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    We made the UCL!

Spalletti decided against ritorno. The team met for dinners every night until today instead. It looks the trick worked.

3. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    That or not playing zielinski at all

SF19 repped this.
  4. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Or, rather, quite obviously, no longer being under pressure. Why, you ask? Winning just one game would have been enough to qualify for CHL. Not being able to do that would have been nearly impossible, even for our team.

The frustration element is beyond belief, as even teams such as Milan, that were not expected to outclass us, outclassed us. Not only that, we showed no class at all, and we fell apart completely when we were supposed to show grit.

Well, I guess we just have to hope we will not challenge for anything next year, as I am quite certain none of us can go through this kind of shit again... Even losing, or finishing last, is less frustrating than what we do year after year.

5. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    But you have to admit, we did it in style. And I wonder if Spalletti was trying to make a point, that Sassuolo are not a model for us and he's still right for the job.

6. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    We have been capable of winning games while scoring up to 7 goals for years, even Atalanta can do it, or other teams. It does not impress me, nor does it hide the more important qualities, or the lack thereof in our case, that have been observable for seasons.

If we do want to challenge for the title, we need more than just one fundaMENTAL change.

7. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fully agree with you

8. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Lobotka says we will stop at nothing to win the title next season. I hope the departure of our captain who has never quite proven his position will be the incentive to actually make it happen, or to at least lose it without what happens every year, with dignity.

We have never really won anything, except for the Cup, so I am sad to say that Insigne's transfer is one of the few good things that have happened to us.

9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mertens said the same. They all at least want it.

10. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lorenzo has been a blessing and a curse for this team. He did his best work when he acted selfless and tried setting up other players to score. Then he thought he was Messi and tried to score goals failing more times than not.

All and all I’ll miss the guy but I feel we will improve without him.

11. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Very well said and he will move next to you so you may see him lol

Sacki repped this.
  12. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Gonna miss the little bugger

He as a player that still leaves a bad taste in the mouth especially under his Sarri days, where his selfishness arguibly cost us the scudetto at least once. But then again he always worked hard for this team, and is miles ahead of most of the wingers, if not all, we chose to sign after Mertens.

At the end of the day he will, for me at least, be remembered as one of our 10 best players this century.

Thinking back we have had some really big names.

Ciro Di Marzio and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  13. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Insigne reminded me a bit of Pele with the way he flicked the ball over those two defenders. Lobotka scored one of the more memorable goals of this past season.

14. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Lobotka and Anguissa helped me realize even though Fabian and Zielinski have so much quality, if we could sell them for big money and invest elsewhere, we'd be better off.

Euphorius Thor and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  15. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I could live with that. Need some toughness that we used to have with Allen.

CarecaNapoli and Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  16. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fully agree but we need adequate subs.

Fabian, Zielinski, Lozano are all inconsistent and fragile.

SF19 and Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  17. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    One of the worst Milan sides in the history of Serie A just won the league.

SF19 and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  18. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Didn't even spend that much.

210073-84162129ac8fef9488358c92fbc980c9.png

19. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Milan won the league with the worst score in top 3... They deserve it don't get me wrong, but I feel spalletti and inzaghi to an extent also handed it to them, obviously inzaghi had CL to worry about.
    I don't think Milan will win it again in the next 3 years unless they invest a significant amount on new players, here I still think Inter, Napoli and Juventus have the better players

All I can do is congratulate AC Milan, it was a beautiful last push (especially defensively) and for that they do deserve it.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  20. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Giroud is a winner.

21. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Congratulations to Milan fans, they've had to suffer for quite a while so I'm happy for them. That said, this is probably the worst Serie A Champion side I've seen in my life.

Sacki repped this.
  22. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We are chokers . This one was ours and we gave it away. Fck these players man.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  23. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Milan has a fantastic keeper, defense and midfield. But from their top 4 only Leao is good. The rest are horrible.

24. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Um, Giroud is a beast. Zlatan is still the King of Italy

25. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Giroud is a good sub.

If Milan get Berardi, A top attacking midfielder and striker they will be a top team.