naperville vs soldier field... a new angle?

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by CrazyF.C., Aug 3, 2002.

1. ne plus ultra

ne plus ultra Member

Jul 9, 2000
    When we drew 20,000 or more, I didn't feel like SF was too big. People crowded down and it felt reasonably full, because there were people around you and a mass of people across from you. Even if there were many seats available in the sections that were populated and the upper seats were absolutely vacant, it didn't seem too bad to me.

Below 14,000 and it did seem pretty empty. But I think we're pretty close to the day when we'll regularly draw 20,000 to Soldier Field (at least on weekends.) We seemed to have found critical mass last year, though we'll have to start over.

2. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: To stirp the pot.

That's the closest "el" line (Orange). But a 2-mile shuttle from that line would not be to big a deal.

It's also about 3-miles south of one of the branches of the blue-line.

As a fan, I really liked Soldier Field (am furious that they destroyed the place) for all sorts of things including Fire games.

3. benine

benine New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    Chicago
    a) much better.
    c) see, thats your fault for choosing a bad way to get from Union to Wrigley; 157 to wash/state (5 minute bus ride), red line, BAM! Not that many options for city dwellers to go out to your ant colony and a walk around Soldier is 3000x more pleasent than a walk in Naperville.
    d) nownownow, no reason to call someone a jerkweed (2nd grade much?). you missed my point, for all the bitchen that you set up your original post on, about how its just as hard to take public transport into the city, its all b.s. if you have a car. us city folk, who "live underbridges", and dont have a car dont have the luxury of choosing to drive out to wonderful Naperville to see the CHICAGO Fire.
    It's all moot anyway since they'll be coming home in a year.