Name your 23 today

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Stamos, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Gabbi time.

2. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    why is it a Sturaro vs Jorginho discussion ???

Conte didn't take Sturaro instead of Jorginho... they were never going to play the same role in his squad... Jorginho was left off because he took De Rossi and Thiago Motta

i know you hate Juve because to quote the great Brett Hart.. we're the best there is.. the best there was..and the best there ever will be. But set aside that hatred and realize the facts.

3. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah exactly, I wasn't comparing them though.

Jorginho is a playmaker. Sturaro is a box to box midfielder. They are different types of players.

4. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This team would of been alot more affective with jorgie.

5. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the end of the day it doesn't matter. Neither Jorginho or Sturaro will get any time this summer unless Italy advance from the group early.

6. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Arguably Jorginho lost out to a winger ie (bernadeschi, SES). Whereas Sturaro is a swap for Marchisio.

Compare the current balance to previous squads and note that typically they've included more playmaking central mids (Pirlo, Motta, Aquliani, De Rossi and Verratti in 2014 for e.g).

Now as you accurately point out we have only Motta and De Rossi filling that role but we have more wingers than recent squads.

7. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Jorginho should have made the team. All talks of politics and everything put aside we could have used him. I don't know if I'd go as far as saying he's the best italian midfielder though. Even though these days that title wouldn't be saying a lot compared to what we used to have. I hope Conte is making his choice for the right reasons though. Maybe he finds more balance with who he chose or the style of play he hopes to utilize does not see Joeginho as a proper fit. Even though I'd disagree. Either way it doesn't really matter too much as this is without a doubt the weakest italy side I've seen in my lifetime. Our midfield has the potential creativity of a pen that has no ink.our only hope is to somehow allow no goals and hope that some of our strikers end up having a major breakout. But hey we are Italy so you never know but I won't be getting excited though.

While watching a video of the 2006 Azzurri I just noticed two huge similarities between that team and this team though. We had blue jerseys and Buffon was in net.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  8. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    There is also Barzagli and De Rossi. Also both teams have one Fiorentina player and one Inter player. Mind blowing. We will win the trophy. Both teams have no Montolivo tho :(

9. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

10. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I understand your point but look at Italy in 68 winning the Euro, 70 WC runner up , 78 WC 4th place and 1982 WC winner

Zoff was keeper for all of them

Rosay repped this.
  11. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    No, perhaps we, unlike you folks, understand what it is like to win; and that you have to have players willing to work to be successful, rather than one-dimensional players like Gabbs.

Rosay repped this.
  12. P di Antonio

P di Antonio Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Italia
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Tell me what folk am i, oh Juventino wise one. Only Gobbi know anything about football, is this correct? Would you be so dismissive of ex Juventus Inzaghi as a one dimensional player? How About world cup winning Paolo Rossi? No place for goalscorers, we need more turkeys to run around the campo. One Dimensional, ha do you smoke crack?
    Che Sciocchezza!

Nek Sanalet and el napulitan repped this.
  13. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Absolutely you just never know with Italy. We always have it in us. Kids are bread tactics from a young age. They eat and breathe calcio so let's hope some guys hit a good stride that we don't expect. All things considered, and despite my hope, I can't see us doing much if I had to predict.

Pietro Calcio repped this.
  14. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Another pearl of low Soccer iq opinion

Thank you

P di Antonio and el napulitan repped this.
  15. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Here's why you juventini are fcuking idiots as well as thieves. Napoli ran more than any other team. Gabbiadini wouod be amazing in your eyes if juve still owned him. Unlike juve, Napoli understand winning and glory are 2 different things, you can win by buying, as juve do ( you're even sponsoring reffs shirts next season ffs) but you cant buy glory. Juve have never had glory. So take your fcuking pathetic excuses for Cuntes selections and shove them up your ass gumbitch.

16. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Im gonna re quote this again just directly answer your question. Sturaro vs jorgi is a discussion because all of the media claimed it was between them, before that selection was made and after. Either way as I already pointed out, sturaro shouldn't have even been called up at all. Its fcuking pathetic of cunte

17. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Congratulations, you are now the owner of 2 of the most stupid posts on BS history. That takes a special kind of retard. You've just equated scorelines to and individuals performance. So lets try that, Buffon let in 6 goals vs Munich, 4 vs Germany. Why couldn't he stand out in these big games? And the juve defence? Jorghino didn't play against Villareal either. But that dont matter because your methods areva fcukin joke, hmm let me get all the results from losses to prove a player is not good, because good players dont lose. Do I need to even bother your sturaro is a big game player comment? Its a lot easier to play good when you only 4 games isn't it unlike jorgi who played the whole season.

18. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #768 Nek Sanalet, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    Gumbacicc is also one of the biggest Balotelli fans on this site. Gabbs doesn't run, but he has no problem with Mario's 80 minutes of strolling on the pitch lol. Gabbs left foot can produce magic. Not to mention he takes free kicks. These two things alone we completely lack in our Euro Cup forwards right now...

P di Antonio repped this.
  19. P di Antonio

P di Antonio Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Italia
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The idea of a squad is to have different options for when plan A does not work. It looks from watching Conte's team for the last 2 years that goal scoring is going to be a problem, that is why it was imperative that goal scorers were brought into the squad, not lame ducks like Eder and Pelle and Zaza and Immobile. Gabbiadini is and has always been clinical in front of goal, but even for the azzurrini he struggled to become first choice, for some reason these new Italian coaches no longer want a proven goal scorer to play but instead eants a workhorse, but that is what midfielders are for. We need to go back to our old fashioned way of playing by having a clinical striker who could take advantage of the one chance that came his way while the defence closed up.

20. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Juve's strikers were used as workhorses under Conte, allowing the midfielders to swoop in and shoot. But there is a difference in talent at midfield.

gumbacicc and calabrese8 repped this.
  21. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well then the media are wrong

since you are a napoli fan and your team knows all about creating teams with "glory"... do you fully believe that Sturaro and Jorginho would occupy the same role on the team?

22. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You heard it here first. The only Milanista on the team Mattia De Sciglio will light up France this year. He can be 2016's Grosso

23. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    ----------------Buffon
    Bergomi Baresi Maldini Facchetti
    ------------------Scirea
    -------Giannini Pirlo Conti
    ------------------Totti
    -------------------------Baggio

Good luck scoring on that team :)

Cannavaro and Nesta as subs even :eek:

Subs:
    Meazza
    Rivera
    Riva
    Zambrotta
    Vieri
    Gentile
    Costacurta
    Ferrara
    Nesta
    Cannavaro
    Tardelli
    Gattuso
    Zoff
    Zenga
    Zola
    Montolivo :laugh:

24. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    No, but when you make stupid claims generalizing all Juventini, what type of response would you expect? The players that you are using to argue your point about Gabbs haven't been relevant in a long time; a decade in Inzaghi's case; and since the 80s in Rossi's. Football has evolved. You are seeing strikers put in a lot more work; particularly when you don't play for a superclub like Barca, Real, etc. Have you noticed Griezmann's work rate for Atletico Madrid? And they are a club that got to the CL Final.

Unless you are a unique talent, which Gabbs isn't, you have to work for the team to be successful. The two players you cited were champions. Gabbiadini is a squad player for a second-tier club.

Rosay and Falc repped this.
  25. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    So tell us through your extensive experience of having watched all of Napoli's successes how my statement was wrong?