NAME THE FUTBOL MIAMI TEAM POLL

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Andy Bulldog, Jan 29, 2018.

?

What do you, the Fan want THE MIAMI CLUB to be Named?

Poll closed Feb 28, 2018.
  1. Inter Miami FC

46.2%
  2. Inter Miami City S.C.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Inter Miami City FC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Miami City SC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Miami City FC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Miami Sharks

3.8%
  7. Miami Current

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. S.C. Miami

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. South Florida FC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Miami Tide S.C.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Club Deportivo Miami

7.7%
  12. Miami Legion S.C.

3.8%
  13. Sporting Club Miami

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Atletico Miami

57.7%
  15. Miami Beat F.C.

3.8%
  16. Sporting Miami S.C.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Miami Force S.C.

3.8%
  18. F.C. Miami City

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. Miami Gatos

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. Miami Toros

3.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay since the fans are suppose to Choose, THE FUTBOL MIAMI TEAM Name. Here's a NEW Poll....
    I have left off Miami FC, Miami Vice FC, and Miami Fusion FC for obvious reasons, as there are already teams using those names.

JulesMIA and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  2. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I don't know how reliable this source is but they report NPSL Miami Fusion FC has folded.

http://magiccity.soccer/2018/01/27/...s-u-s-open-cup-spot-goes-to-miami-united-f-c/

Andy Bulldog repped this.
  3. Bluecat82

Bluecat82 Member+

Feb 24, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you for not having a single option containing the word United... :)

4. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4 Andy Bulldog, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  5. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're welcome, haha. Three is enough. I personally believe there are way to many F.C.'s as well, but hey. I guess thats better than having a Miami Flamingos or Miami Mermaids. lol

6. Stephen York

Stephen York Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL.
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    FC Miami United AC is the only option worth considering, IMO.

*sarcasm

7. JulesMIA

JulesMIA Member

MBU
    United States
    Sep 19, 2017
    One namer, simply Miami, or at least that is what the shirt from yesterday says.

8. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man I love the idea of Atletico Miami, Deportivo Miami, or Inter Miami, only those three [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] any Miami Lizards FC would be whack, i know there are other people out here other than latinos, but how influenced is this city by latinos?? I want a spanish name that represents the region IMO....thoughts

krusso and Andy Bulldog repped this.
  9. JulesMIA

JulesMIA Member

MBU
    United States
    Sep 19, 2017
    A Spanish name doesn't represent the region, that's the problem. South Florida is only about 42% Hispanic, and that isn't a monolithic single identity. As someone with both Argentine and Cuban ancestry, I can attest that those are two very different cultures.

I am a big believer that this brand should represent Miami for the city it has become, a global gateway. That does mean embracing our image as the doorstep to Latin America; but also a place where Iberians, Italians, Eastern Europeans, and Israelis have an outsized impact.

Inter Miami probably captures that the best.

10. JulesMIA

JulesMIA Member

MBU
    United States
    Sep 19, 2017
    When I am not at the office I will write a much longer and more detailed post on how this fan would like to see the club positioned.

Lucho305 and Andy Bulldog repped this.
  11. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As of now, there's a draw between Atletico an Inter..

12. krusso

krusso Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Shouldn't Fútbol Miami also be a choice? It's a great name just by itself ?

13. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where is your long reply? Been waiting for a few days now...[emoji6] @JulesMIA

14. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea Member

Aug 19, 2008
    I appreciate the efforts being made but most of the names seem to originate from Europe, Inter Italian, City England etc. It would be nice to have an original name rather than a copy, after all it hasn't done the Sounders and Timbers any harm. I don't pretend to know the answers but there must be some original minds out there, who can think outside the box. Miami Beach SC, Miami Quartz? ducks!

15. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. JulesMIA

JulesMIA Member

MBU
    United States
    Sep 19, 2017
    I know I know, been slammed, coming up for air tomorrow.

17. krusso

krusso Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Here's the dilemma: Inter, Atlético, United are all acceptable choices, none better than the other. And having a nickname like an American sports team isn't a great idea either - better to have the fans and media give the team an unofficial nickname like all the other bigger soccer teams in the world, and Miami is going to play to a world audience. So all that said, how can the name be original and not a copycat of an existing European club?

Maybe the investors see this: Just using Fútbol Miami for the initial holding name might very well end up being part or most of the official name. It certainly is to the point, as in "here's what we do, and where we do it.". Just putting it out there.

Andy Bulldog and JulesMIA repped this.
  18. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Sounders and the Timbers names work because those team names predate MLS by about 20 years. They, along with the Whitecaps, were ingrained into the soccer scene in those cities before they were in MLS. Miami had the Gatos for 1 season, the Toros for 4 seasons and the Fusion for 4 seasons. In 46 years, Gatos started in '72, Miami has had a team for 9 years with 3 different names. You can't compare the 2 situations.

Miami is an international city, one of the few, and the capital of Latin America in this country. I'm sure the other 54% of people in Miami recognize that fact and don't mind Latin culture associated with the city. I don't think they would mind if the name reflected that fact either. C.D. Miami, Atletico Miami and Inter Miami are perfectly acceptably names for a Miami team and much better options than Toros or Sharks. Vice and Current sound like something an MLS 1.0 team would have.

I do like Miami Beach SC though.

krusso and Andy Bulldog repped this.
  19. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well personally I prefer Miami Gatos, Miami Legion in honor of the great supporters club, or even Miami Beat...But something like Atletico I could deal with. I didnt even think of Futbol Miami. But its different for sure.

20. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    actually I am beginning to like Futbol Miami or maybe its just fatigue
    [​IMG]

krusso repped this.
  21. JulesMIA

JulesMIA Member

MBU
    United States
    Sep 19, 2017
    The name and image of the team should definitely reflect that we are the gateway to the Americas. North and South America come together with Europe and the Middle East here.

Because of that a name like Inter Miami or Atletico Miami or Futbol Miami would be pretty fitting, I am partial to Inter because we are International.

I also want the team to reflect that we are more than just a Latin city. Sure we have the center of Spanish television, and some of the largest Hispanic owned businesses in the US are headquartered here. But, we also have America's largest startup and the world's largest cruiseline here, both founded by Israeli immigrants.

We are the only major city in America founded by a woman. Not sure how you reflect that, but it is a unique fact.

We are a certain for the arts and entertainment.

I think the team should reflect not just the immigrant culture of Little Havana and Little Haiti, but also the cutting edge art and design of Wynwood and the Design District, and the worldliness of Brickell.

It is a lot, but when I think of Miami I don't think of any one group or neighborhood, I think of what all those things come together to create.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  22. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So NYC, Should be Inter NYC, because they are an international city. Both LA clubs should be Inter LA or Atletico LA because of being International cities and a heavy Hispanic presence. Real Salt Lake should be Morman FC...ect....

23. JulesMIA

JulesMIA Member

MBU
    United States
    Sep 19, 2017
    Well Deseret SC makes a lot more sense than Real Salt Lake.

24. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are Dolphins, Marlins, and Heat in other cities. I guess those names are bad too since they can describe other places.

25. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miami F.L. as short for Miami Futbol Legion