News: Nah, I think I'll stay on - The Other Teams Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Feb 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't have her starting regardless of the formation they'd go for. If they go with a front 3, Heath, Pugh and Morgan should be the regulars. If they elect to play with a 10, then Lloyd will probably get the nod, although I'd want them to go with Lavelle.
    Rapinoe (and Lloyd's) best days are clearly behind them and their selection is definitely questionable to a certain extent.

2. LA. MAN UNITED

LA. MAN UNITED Member+

May 22, 2006
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rapinoe was probably added for locker room value more than ability for the younger players. Not liking our chances this go round and afraid this will be the "U.S. Women's soccer REALLY is in decline" World Cup. This will be the wake up call for the ladies but at least they qualified unlike their male counterparts.

Futbol_Head and jnielsen repped this.
  3. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    The coach seems to be ********ing the money up.

LA. MAN UNITED and jnielsen repped this.
  4. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  5. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  6. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good for Casillas.

Anonymous_United, Futbol_Head and BjornH repped this.
  7. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I hate to always nit pick at your post. I swear im not trying to start shit with you. We just disagree..

So with that said, What?!

USA have all types of players, but they dont only have 1 other player who provides the creativity and 1v1 ability a Tobin Heath does from my view. Its Rapinoe. She can be wasteful, but you take that because she can also win a game too!

I look at the other options and she makes sense.

Who are your top 3 players for the women?

Heath is definitely my favorite.

Count Chocula repped this.
  8. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Strictly from a leadership point of view, Rapinoe is irreplaceable for this team.

That said, this USWNT squad feels light to me (though I am no expert on the Women's Nats). Don't think it'll be their year.

jeff070, LA. MAN UNITED and benni... repped this.
  9. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I admittedly don’t watch a ton of USWNT, but when I do Rapinoe stands out as one of the worst on the field. Constantly losing possession, trying the Hollywood pass every time, slow, and there are better players that should be out there ahead of her.

Top 3 would be Heath, Horan, Morgan.

benni... repped this.
  10. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Yeah, defense and goalkeeper are weak as ever. Their best defender plays in midfield. Most importantly, their coach is garbage and everything wrong with American soccer. From tactics to selection.

11. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From my point of view, the US's best XI would be:
    ---------------------Naeher
    O'Hara Davidson Dahlkemper Dunn
    -------------Horan Ertz Mewis/Lavelle
    -------------Pugh Morgan Heath
    That team would have a good chance to win it all. As it stands though, Sauerbrunn will surely start in central defense (probably in Davidson's place). Rapinoe will probably play in Pugh's place also. And that over reliance on the old guard might be their downfall in the end. Naeher in goal is not the best (like it or not, she's a major downgrade on Solo), but no one else really stands out either.

12. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I totally understand the selection. I get wanting her around for leadership but she shouldn't get meaningful minutes.

13. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting seeing how Pool's squad has evolved since Klopp arrived 3.5yrs ago. Below is the squad he had in his first season. It's pretty clear how the team has changed pretty radically in the time he's been there. Kind of like us now, there were a couple of good pieces here and there, but nowhere near enough quality to truly compete for the highest honors.

https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/liverpool-fc/2016/2/

Even if they go trophyless again this term, they're right there now. Done a good job getting rid of the majority of their deadwood and more importantly, they've knocked their buys out of the park for the most part (Mane, Salah, Alisson, van Dijk, Robertson). Alexander-Arnold is the only member of their academy who really broke thru to become a first team regular.
    Done very well also to reinvest the money they got from their big players they've lost also. As odd as it may be to say, as we're looking at another rebuild under a new manager, the example of Pool and what they've done in recent years is a model we should be looking to emulate, if we're to get back to the top in fairly short order. Hopefully, it starts again this summer and starts for good this time. We've got a couple of pretty pieces of our own (including some top ones): just a matter of making sure we keep them and add on to them. And anything we might lose, whether it's Herrera, Pogba or Dave, it's imperative that they are replaced with players of equal quality at least (or perhaps even better if possible).
    That stop-start thing we've been on for the past 6yrs (!) almost is getting old and we need to definitely get on track now.

14. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Imagine if this team had Xabi Alonso and Gerrard in midfield.....lololol

15. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That squad that Klopp inherited was so shit though when you compare it to the one they have now. Goes to show how vital guys like Gerrard and Suarez were at that time (and the really top quality they've added since).

16. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    This season's end is definitely quite bizarre. Other than City and Pool, the rest of the top 6 are fighting their hearts out to be in Europa League.

jnielsen repped this.
  17. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Spurs down to 9 men for most of 2nd half, however Bournemouth have been utter garbage since. Mis-placed passes, crosses straight out etc. Very low quality game.

18. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Why is son off ? I read some off the ball incident

19. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  20. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Red card, lost his head and shoved somebody over. Bit harsh but probs a red and very out of character as was minimal provocation

21. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    We are still in for a chance.

22. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    been the case for weeks though

23. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Spurs win their next they will qualify.. We have have an outside chance but not in our hands..

24. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Wouldn't be so sure about that with Son also out next Sunday against Everton and a tough semi away at Ajax in between.

jnielsen repped this.
  25. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's the hope that kills

United 16 repped this.