NAACP and McNabb, no love in the city of Brotherly Love

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Scarecrow, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/12/15/mcnabb.ap/index.html

I read about this and I have to say I am a bit surprised by the idiot from Philly NAACP. I agree with what Wilbon said about him on PTI Y-day, that the Philly NAACP is the worst kind of bigot, that he wants to define what is and isn't black enough.

2. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The guy also doesn't know a thing about football. The fact that McNabb is a mobile quarterback makes him more of a field General than an inmobile pocket passer.

3. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    This guy is a racist moron who knows nothing about football, and so is anyone who agrees with him.

4. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    The funny thing is that Mike McMahon was chosen to come in as our starting QB when McNabb went down because he's more mobile (and has a stronger arm) than Koy Detmer...I guess McMahon isn't white enough.

5. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I'm drunk again...

Logging onto this site hasnt helped me.

Goodnight..

6. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I don't want to rail on the NAACP but every time I see one of their regional officials (or higher) speaking, they're yappin' something that is either racist or defending a criminal. It seems like they've lost direction long ago. Am I just missing how they're working to fight racism in the work force or housing discremination?

7. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The NAACP lost it long ago. Mfume was one of the worst leaders ever. As an example, there are roughly 300,000 african-americans that are taxed but not represented at the federal level in the District of Columbia and the NAACP is nowhere to be found.

Another example- Washington's professional football team name is a racial slur, but guess who used to sit in the owner's box about half the games? That same Mr Mfume. I guess Native Americans are not "colored people" to the NAACP.

8. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ
    McNabb IS overrated

He's a fat mediocre quarterback

9. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Thanks for chiming in Rush.

;)

Sorry, but his success on the field speaks for itself.

10. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    What the hell does your Eurotrash ass know about football??

Osama called, he wants to know why you stopped sucking his dick to post on this thread.

11. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ
    what the fvck are you talking about ?

12. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ

What success is that ?

Winning the NFC Least ?

Winning one NFC title game in how many tries ?

Puking due to the pressure in the Super Bowl ?

13. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Never mind dude, I had you mixed up with someone else (our resident Italian terrorist sympathizer with a similar screen name to yours), my apologies.

You're still wrong on McNabb though ;) Just look how awful we are this year without him (even when he was playing he wasn't healthy).

14. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ

Look how bad you were with him !

;)

15. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    I wouldn't call 4 straight conference championship games "bad" especially since he had absolutely no-one to throw to for 3 of those..."disappointing" yes, "frustrating" yes, "alcoholism-inducing" yes, but not "bad".

16. dj43

dj43 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Nor Cal
    To get back to the title, the NAACP clearly has a double standard. They can criticize "blacks" who do not conform to their little title book but when a "white" criticizes a "black" for the same reason, they are racists.

This reminds me of an interesting incident that occurred in Sacramento some 20 years ago:

At the time, TerriRae Elmer, now with KFI AM in LA was working for KFBK in Sacto. While in her dentist's office one day (the dentist was an Asian American), the dentist told her a joke about Asian Americans. When she returned to work, she told the joke to co-workers in the lunch room. Among those co-workers was Mort Downey Jr who was doing a morning talk show at the station at the time. He thought it was funny and appropriate to use on the air with the caveat that an Asian American "told it on himself," which he did the next day.

One of the people who heard the joke on air was a City Councilman named Tom Chin, who also happened to be a close personal friend of CK McClatchy, whose publishing company owned KFBK at the time. Chin was offended by the fact Downey had repeated the joke and called McClatchy to complain. Within the hour, Downey was fired.

KFBK then went about looking for a replacement for Downey. After a couple of weeks, they heard about a young guy at a Kansas City station that sounded interesting, and they hired him. His name was

Rush Limbaugh.