Na na na na, hey S-J, goodbye (or, Charge/'Rays III pre-match)

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Charge!, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    The reign of Team Brandi as league champs is likely to come to an end either tomorrow or the weekend. The $64 question is who will the Charge rest up for it. That decision may be made somewhat for them.

Per Yahoo! Sports, no Benny or Jen tomorrow night. Knee and arch strains. Pichon, Mitts, McDowell, Clemens all probable. For the visitors, Hendershot-Brown and Clark out as well as Megan Horvath (latter two season-ending). Lindsey and Borgman probable, so both teams are banged up.

So what's your lineup? I'd still sit Mitts until the 17th at any cost. Maybe Pichon comes in as a sub.

Moore or Schillig (yes, Schillig - she's the only non-injured player not to log a minutE of time; it would be nice to have her be in there for one of the last 2 games, but I think Moore gets the call here)

Alfiler, Iverson, Hall, McDowell
    Clemens, Fair, Monroe, Demko, Ailing
    Koleski

The bigger puzzle here is who sits, then on Saturday?

Paul

2. SoCcErHyPeR 2

SoCcErHyPeR 2 New Member

Aug 6, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    They've been listed as "probable" for weeks.. they're fine.. Only Maren, Megs, & Kimmie are out....which doesn't answer the question of why our crackhead coach doesn't play Dianne Alagich..

3. Enough is enough.

Time for the Charge to stop giving hope of playoff games to other teams. Time for the Charge to send San Jose home for the winter to think about opportunities lost.

San Jose comes into this game needing a win and some help from San Diego.

The last two games of the season are all about positioning for the post season. If we can't put San Jose away tomorrow night we run the risk of seeing them on the 17th. A team we have not won against since April 2001.

Personaly, I'd like to see Atlanta on the 17th. I think the Charge has their number. The revenge would be sweet too.

Here's my line up.

Moore (Schillig could see some time if the game goes well or poorly)

Mitts - Hall - Iverson - Fair

Connors - Tullock(d-mid) - Monroe - Koleski - Lihong

Pichon

With the probability that Pichon will not be available for the cup, Koleski and Lihong need to get as much time together as possible.

Right now, I'm torn. Part of me says rest the tired and injured and get ready for the 17th. A bigger part of me says it's time to send a message to the rest of the league. Destroy San Jose and Atlanta this week, and every team will be affraid to play us.

Dwight

4. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    I'd ratehr send a meassge August 17 and then August 24.

Rest Benson and Tietjen and use all 3 subs for San Jose.

As to Atlanta, let's see where everything stands after tonight.

Again, I say rest players, because you may be playing them.

Against Atlanta rest Moore and Zhao and Fair.

5. sebe

sebe New Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Philadelphia, PA
    I don't want to see a rest job like in San Jose. I would say rest the injured and play most of the starters. I pretty much like Dwight's line-up. Definately use the max # of subs.

If I was to rest players, it would be the Atlanta game. You've already beaten them twice, so rest a few to get them ready for the following week. I think Fair deserves a rest and Lihong. Pichon has had a couple games off, so I don't think she needs that much rest. Maybe play her a half vs. Atlanta.

6. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
    I think Benson and Tietjen need to sit too.

It'd be nice to have the bench play on PAX, so their friends around the country could be excited seeing them play.

I'm sure Sam would be.

And the argument would be you rested players in an Jose and are returning the favor to Atlanta, just in case any one wishes to complain about competitive edge.

7. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Philly has a chance to decide who they meet in the semifinals. Do they tank it tonight and then turn on the afterburners Saturday to set the stage for exit-right by the Beat (complicated by the fact that SJ would actually have to win in Boston ;) )?

SWMBO nixed a trek to Philly today so I look forward to the web updates from y'all.

8. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
    And don't forget Carolina plays Sunday, so they have last say on who plays whom.

Also, the match is NOT on TV here in Phialdelphia.