N.H. Phantoms eyeing move to Lawerence (NRC)

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by ngower, Sep 3, 2006.

1. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
  2. RSwenson

RSwenson Member

Feb 1, 2000
    He is right, ever since Manchester got the minor league team (the Fishercats) and plowed under the only soccer specific field in the area to build them a stadium, the team has gotten absolutely no mention...

It didn't get much before that, but at least it got on the news (even TV sportcast) from time-to-time...

now, with the minor league hockey and baseball (both with big facility subsidies from the city) getting all the attention, they should move...

rand

3. peabrainedidiot

peabrainedidiot New Member

Nov 21, 2005
    wessagussett
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    rename and rebrand them too. please:p

4. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I wonder if the phantoms youth teams would go on as is. I guess the "total club" concept isn't a sure thing.

If the rebrand, Lawerance Arabians gets my vote.

5. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    How about the Outlaws;)

6. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    reference?

7. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Lawerence isn't exactly the safest place to be and the Outlaws sounds better than the car thieves.....though it does have a nice ring to it:p

8. Lawrence Fishburnes?

9. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    I hope the N.E. derby w/ the Pioneers will survive the move. It will be renamed the Bay state derby I gather.:)

BTW , why post this on the Revs forum instead of the USL's ?

10. jw

jw Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Millers.
    Or, maybe the Essex County Wanderers.

Possibly this is in our forum due to the fact that this is happening in our backyard, and within the Revolution geographical sphere of influence.

11. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    the Phantoms may not be getting the notice now as the top level, however they have invested TONS in generating a youth program. They either bought/built a year round location in Hampstead where they run youth teams, and academies and they have youth teams at pretty much every level playing in region 1, Super-Y and local NH leagues. additionally alot of the Phantom players have become coaches in local town programs to generate more interest.

A move out of NH would effect all of this which is a development they can't simply just walk away from.