N.Castillo to Chivas thread

Discussion in 'Chivas' started by El Sabio, Apr 14, 2006.

1. El Sabio

El Sabio New Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Madison, WI
    This possibility has been in the rumor mill for some time, its come up again as Nery's dad gave this interview published in La Aficion. This still makes me believe his dad is running his show.

http://www.mileniodiario.com.mx/mexico/laaficion/nota.asp?id=71203

[​IMG]

2. JoeFX

JoeFX Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Mexico's third base
    I, for one, don't want him in Chivas... gives me a bad vibe.

3. chivisima

chivisima BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 24, 2006
    Tarzana, Ca
    It will be good, only if Bravo leaves the team

4. chololo

chololo Member

Jan 7, 2006
    san bernardino
    if bravo leaves the team we defenetly need somebody up front i dont care who it is as long as hes good

5. Differ

Differ Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The Nery-novela is back for a sequel. Let's see if this time it actually happens. A Bravo-Nery combo up front with Bofo supplying the passes would be pretty nice.
    I liked this quote...
    "El padre del futbolista contó que su hijo sigue de cerca a Chivas en la Copa Libertadores: "Sabemos que empató. Me hubiera gustado ver ya a Nery con esa playera”, concluyó la entrevista telefónica desde Atenas, Grecia."

6. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I have allways liked Nery Castillo, and i say this from radio interviews i have heard him give. He sounds like a sinceer kid that just wants to play ball. The newspaper articles and even TV Notes did alot to damage his credibility and 80% of the time they went off a quote from Nery's old man.

Nery has been managed, or mismanaged, by his old man who has his mind set on a promising career in Europe, which due to various circumstances has not been able to suceed. Now that Rivaldo has renewed his contract with Olympiakos Nery is set to rot in the bench, which has been the case since the Brazilian joined the club.

So obviously his old man is looking to secure Nerys career in Mexico, at Chivas where he can earn top dollar and have a good chance of making the MNT which will bring him International exposure.

7. chololo

chololo Member

Jan 7, 2006
    san bernardino
    how old is he?

8. El Kapitan

El Kapitan New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    He's an 84, soon to be 22.

9. Mississippi_Chivas

Dec 9, 2005
    Choctaw, MS
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What's deal with him? Why do some people talk bad about him?

10. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well i was gonna shut my mouth but maybe i'll contribute my point of view ;
    it looks like there are alot of 'Chicanos' that hate anything Argentine or Charrua on the Mexican Nat. team . There I said it I wished i was wrong but I seriously doubt that I am.

11. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    You haven't said anything that hasn't been said dozens of times on this board already by the Chicanos themselves (myself included).

12. Violationgd

Violationgd New Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm Chicano, i don't mind him on the NT or Chivas :)

Of course, my opinion doesn't count cuz I'm just a Chicano. And bigsoccer Mexicans tend to dislike everything we say for some reason... It's sad when you hate on somebody with the same blood running through their veins.

13. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

That ain't it. It has more to do with his inability to select a National team to play on, and his father runs his life.

14. MRod

MRod Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Has he ever been a productive player though?

I've never actually seem him do anything; he seems to be just "hype".

15. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...this guy and his dad can go suck ea other...

16. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  17. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ok what are you trying to say w/ this ???

He plays back-up for Rivaldo! so when do you think he'll ever see action??

Kinda like what happend to Luis Hernandez when he played at Boca Jrs. He was Suplente del Suplente de Martin Palermo!!!

18. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Actually I'm just trying to say he has scored 2 goals this season. :p Then i put the two links for the goals. I know he hasn't play much this season. He could probably had more goals if they give him some playing time.

19. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    As a Boca fan you should know better : Hernandez coulnt play in the first team because they allready had their foreing player limit. At the time the strikers were Caniggia, Maradona and i believe Diego Cagna or was it Latorre. Anyways, Hernandez played in the reserve games alongside Palermo and scored more goals than him. He also got to play Merco Sur Cup.

20. chololo

chololo Member

Jan 7, 2006
    san bernardino
  21. Differ

Differ Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  22. Manoro3

Manoro3 Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Los Ángeles
    That's what I say, after the no-deal in January I don't want to hear about Nery Castillo unless he's on the field wearing the jersey. And if he doesn't come, that's fine too.

23. Canexican29

Canexican29 New Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Notre Dame
    I never liked this kid. I remember reading an article on MedioTiempo.com in January about the details of his supposed contract. Nery and his Dad wanted the salary to be higher than the highest paid player on the team, Sanchez. Who the hell is this kid to think he should automatically be given more money than an experienced icon like Sanchez?? He plays in a crappy league, and he got rejected to play on the Uruguayan youth team (he has dual citizenship). His dad seems like a real pain in the ass too. Who needs him.