My50 Broadcast team - Fred Huebner's "foremost soccer authorities in the Chicagoland media market"

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fonsos, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Boul'Mich

Boul'Mich Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Chicago
    Re: My50 Broadcast team - Fred Huebner's "foremost soccer authorities in the Chicagoland media marke

Chris Doran > Kenny Stern

Kenn Tommasch > Fred Huebner

but...

Darrian Chapman > Kenn

and

Anyone > Kenny Stern

2. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Re: My50 Broadcast team - Fred Huebner's "foremost soccer authorities in the Chicagoland media marke

End of the Fire-Colorado debacle.

"And then you tell us why they suck."-Fred Huebner coming back from commercial, not knowing the the mic was on.
    "Ok"-Chris Doran
    -Brilliant, just love it!

3. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3peX0B8P0w

4. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

Classic. Repped for the effort. Thanks, Milicz!

Odds on Fred and/or Chris having a job calling the Fire games on My50 come Tuesday morning?

5. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hopefully 110%. Best commentary of the season.

7. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

My thoughts exactly. But in this "control the media, control what people think" world, their jobs could be on the line now.

Let's face it: the Fire didn't impres too many people today.

8. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

I loved it when I heard it. I had just stopped recording on the DVR, so I did not have a copy of it (and I don't upload things to youtube).

Thanks to milicz for being able to upload it.

I don't think this will affect their jobs at all.

9. MLS_RM

MLS_RM Member

Jun 25, 2003
    chicago

Awesome.

Gained about 100 points on my credibility ratings.

Hopefully the Fire organization wont resort to draconian Reinsdorfian measures. Some of the players and coaches have been crybabies in the past when criticized I hope they can be mature about it especially when hes 100%right.

The last thing I want is some boring homers broadcsting like Harrelson and DJ who are the worst broadcast team in anything.

Huebner can gain 10 pounds, get some really large glasses, start mispronouncing players names and get tanked during games he could be the Fires version of Harry Carry.

As for why he goes into such detail...hes probably assuming/hoping that theres some first timers to soccer/Fire tuning in.

10. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

I think Fred does a good job. He has been one of the true few friends the Fire have had in the Chicago media over the years.