My transformation

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Crazy_Yank, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I enjoyed watching the WWC 99, but it didn't really make me a fun of the women's game. It was kinda like the olympics for me. I'll admitt that I didn't like the WUSA. I attended 2 matches, and watched 6 others live during its 3 seasons. I just didn't like the way it was marketed and didn't think the product on the field was that good. Then this world cup rolled around. I didn't think I'd be very interested, but decided to give it a chance because I enjoyed the 99 cup. I honestly didn't think I'd care too much about the US' results, but I couldn't have been more wrong. I really got into it. I watched all the US' matches, and several others between other countries. During some of the US matches I found myself just as much on edge as I did when watching the men's game. Even though I was throughly disappointed that Germany beat the US I enjoyed this game immensely. It was the best women's game I've ever seen, and one of the best soccer games I've ever seen. I'm hooked. These ladies are really good. Did anyone else get hooked on the women's game due to this world cup?

2. subsnerd

subsnerd New Member

Sep 21, 2003
    honolulu
    I got to see Australia/Ghana and Russia/China at PGE in Portland and watched US/Germany and Canada/Sweden on the tube. I can't wait for the matches this weekend. I think the final is going to be a brilliant showcase for the women's game. I'm very impressed with Germany and Sweden.

3. Fraser

Fraser New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Oz
    you mean welcome to the insanity!!!

4. Keeper13

Keeper13 New Member

Nov 3, 1999
    IN
    Glad you had a positive experience!
    Yes, insanity it is. :)

5. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    Too bad you didn't see USA-Germany 1999. Now THAT was a game.

6. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was not even the best game that night. The Brazil-Nigeria game even more incredible. Nigeria battles back from a 3-0 defecit only to lose in extra time.

7. sexysadie

sexysadie Red Card

Sep 29, 2003
    somewhere on earth

my 2nd favourite's team, Sweden will win it

8. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yay, another Sweden supporter! I thought I was alone on this one.

I am sorry to see the US go out; they are a great bunch. And this messes up the momentum for a new league here.

But go Sweden! Four of them are on Malmo FF, which I support, incl. the keeper.

9. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    Forgot about that -- you're right.

10. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about US - Germany 2002? :)

Oh wait...

11. Awe-Inspiring

Awe-Inspiring New Member

Jan 18, 2000
    For sheer drama combined with social significance, none of those games match the '99 final.

But, for overall quality of play and drama, the award goes to the USA-Brazil semifinal game in '99. Soccer like it ought to be!