My tickets came today!!!

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by darkhelmet66, Apr 17, 2006.

1. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    it also says north stand (nordtribune). The north is the end of the stadium (the south end is the famous 25,000 place terrace - the biggest in europe).
    Here's how it looks from the outside - the entrance isn't at the side.

[​IMG]

and here's the view you get (from towards the back anyway)

[​IMG]

My guess would be that the coloured sectors don't necessarily reflect the location or the seats.

2. row89

row89 New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    Hoboken, NJ
    I got Cat III tickets for the same game, and mine was yellow. Who knows?

3. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I notice it also says that the ticket is good for all public transport the day of the game (lower right corner).

4. gngrasso

gngrasso Member

Dec 16, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Color Coding

The color coding has to do with the stand you are located in, who you support plus the designated park and ride lot. They are attempting to separate different teams' fans as much as possible. Even to the extent, I believe, that different fans will enter into different gates of the stadium. I remember being asked to specify which team I supported when I applied through FIFA (and thru USSF? I think).

From the K-Town Website:

For World Cup visitors, a national unified guidance system has been developed.

The parking spaces and the corresponding stops are structured according to the 4 color system of the FIFA. The color code of the tickets corresponds to the stand allocation in the stadium as well as the allocation to a large parking lot. The local signs take over this 4 color concept and leads the visitor to the corresponding parking lot. In the direct vicinity of the stadium there is no public parking lot.

Separate paths for fans
    If during the soccer World Cup 2006 we talk about "green fans", we don't mean the supporters of the Irish national team. In the language of the World Cup planners, "green" means "neutral". Quite the opposite of the "blue" and the "yellow fans". They are allocated to their respective teams - and according to the regulations of the FIFA their trafficking is different. The admission ticket shows the way. Already on the autobahn, corresponding signs are supposed to guide the fans of the opposing teams either to the large parking lot Schweinsdell with 2,700 spaces or to IG Nord with 4,000 places. For the "neutral" fans, there are parking possibilities available at the Einsiedlerhof and at the University. In addition, 2,900 places for the organization committee, guests of honor, the handicapped and further visitor groups are kept ready. A sector separation is carried out on the Messeplatz where space for 120 busses will be made available.

As Jürgen Dressing, the departmental head of traffic at the Kaiserslautern World Cup office, emphasizes, not only the shuttle busses from the respective parking lot to the stadium or the city use clearly defined routes - which are separated from each other. Also fans who walk into the city can find their orientation in the colored signs.

5. Shibb

Shibb Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just be aware that most likely (definitely?) means local public tranport.

6. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
  7. josheli

josheli New Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Will someone who has recieved their tickets kindly post the full address from the shipper? DHL rarely leaves notices and without any tracking info I'm worried my tickets won't arrive properly. I've called DHL and they've told me that tracking it down without a tracking number isn't possible unless both the shippers address and information along with the recievers are known. I'm on the east coast just in case tickets were shipped from multiple places. I'd definately appreciate that info if someone has it so I can contact DHL and make sure my tickets aren't floating around somewhere. Thanks.

8. jrlm87

jrlm87 New Member

Dec 21, 2005
    Santa Barbara
    Here is the info from another website:
    FWCTC
    Herriotstr 1
    60528 Frankfurt /M
    Germany

Date 13.04.2006
    Account: 140367384
    Shippers reference: 1001300710012510

Did you call them up or is it somewhere online to track?

9. josheli

josheli New Member

Apr 18, 2006
    I called and they told me that with the shippers info and my info they should be able to link the addresses up to give me tracking information. Thanks for this, I couldn't find it anywhere. I'm calling them now. I'll post any information I recieve about tracking when I'm done.

10. RichardL

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    valid for the entire day according to FIFA.

As a rule of thumb a "zone" is around 20 miles from the stadium, possibly more in some cases. If you aren't sure just ask at the ticket window of the station you are boarding at. At worst you'll have to buy a ticket to the edge of the zone, with the rest of the journey being free.

11. josheli

josheli New Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Just got off the phone with DHL. They were able to tell me that 13 items had shipped from Frankfurt to my zip code since april 3rd, but none in my name. So it's worth a try to give them a call to see whats up. I feel a little better now knowing these are out and about somewhere, though I'll make sure to call again in a weeks time.

12. RichardL

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Normally you can track online - but you can't do that unless FIFA send you an email with the tracking number (as they did last year for the confed cup). Given the number of orders, I'd say it's a little early to start worrying about not receiving tickets yet.

13. josheli

josheli New Member

Apr 18, 2006
    I'm mainly worried because just 2 weeks ago my baseball season ticket delivery was attempted by DHL twice with no notices left for me. Without the tracking number I would have had no idea and I'm not sure what would have happened to them had I not gone to pick them up myself.

I got these tickets in the first sales period. Based on what people have said those might have gone out first. I'd rather stay ahead of this versus being behind trying to track them down after they weren't delivered properly.

14. Sportman77

Sportman77 New Member

Jan 13, 2006
    I just did the same thing with the same result. He said over one thousand packages shipped from that account number, and a couple to my zip code, but not to me (It is for the US-Ghana game for reference). So maybe they are sending out by game number.

15. Dougdog

Dougdog New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Long Island
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Color Coding

This is some good info. I have not seen it posted anywhere. Great find.

16. gngrasso

gngrasso Member

Dec 16, 2005
    Long Island, NY

Thanks, man.

Looks like they are going to run a tight ship.

17. wey877

wey877 Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mauritius
    I had 2 tickets for Spain-Ukraine and I transferred both of them to my brother and his friend and I was just wondering if they will ship the tickets to me or to him. Anybody know?

18. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just called DHL and was informed that no shipments from Frankfurt had been directed my way any time in recent memory, which makes me slightly less inclined to speed down Rt. 2 every day this week. I was in the August 24th sale, so those of you who also got tickets that day probably haven't had yours shipped yet, but per FIFA's website, they're to go out any time now.

The question is, which will arrive first: my tickets or my damn jerseys from the Onion Bag's preorder special?

19. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

They're Germans. Would you expect anything less? ;) :D

20. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Morning everyone,

Since some people are starting to receive their World Cup tickets, I've put together some links to seating plans for the various stadiums the U.S. will be playing in for the first round. Bear in mind that configurations may be different for the World Cup itself, but it might be enough to give people a sense of where they'll be located:

Gelsenkirchen: http://www.veltins-arena.de/media/tickets_s04.gif

Kaiserslautern: http://www.fck.de/media/native/pdf//preisliste_2.pdf

Nuremberg: http://www.fcn-ticket-service.de/Ticketpreise0506.jpg

FYI,

The Magpie

21. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Morning everyone,

Since some people are starting to receive their World Cup tickets, I've put together some links to seating plans for the various stadiums the U.S. will be playing in for the first round. Bear in mind that configurations may be different for the World Cup itself, but it might be enough to give people a sense of where they'll be located:

Gelsenkirchen: http://www.veltins-arena.de/media/tickets_s04.gif

Kaiserslautern: http://www.fck.de/media/native/pdf//preisliste_2.pdf

Nuremberg: http://www.fcn-ticket-service.de/Ticketpreise0506.jpg

FYI,

The Magpie

22. dkrboys

dkrboys New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Simi Valley, CA
    :D Neither......it'll be your bank statement showing your credit card has been charged for both these items!!

23. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Long since arrived in both cases:
    [​IMG]

and the OB hit me up back in March when I placed the order.

24. RichardL

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    more likely by order number.

You couldn't really do it by game number as people might have tickets to several games which (if bought in the same phase) will be posted at together.

25. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Has anyone received their tickets from USSF (order) yet?