My tickets came today!!!

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by darkhelmet66, Apr 17, 2006.

1. darkhelmet66

darkhelmet66 New Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Tonawanda, NY
    I got my tickets today! They just got here about half an hour ago!!! Anyone else get theirs yet?

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I haven't been here for a while.

Also, sorry to those of you who didn't get tickets, I'm not trying to rub it in.

2. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Were you awarded tickets through FIFA or USSF? I'm not expecting my USSF tickets until later in May.

P.S. Congratulations! Now go stick 'em in a fireproof box. That's where mine are going once they get here.

3. darkhelmet66

darkhelmet66 New Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Tonawanda, NY
    I was lucky enough to get them through FIFA. I wasn't expecting them for another 3 weeks at least, actually. Needless to say when I saw a DHL truck in front of my house I was a bit confused...

Once I show my buddy, they're going in a nice safe place.

4. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome ! I cant wait til mine get here . I got mine through USSF , so that will probably add a couple of weeks to the shipping process . USSF better not lose them...

5. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I am green with envy.

6. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh man!

I just started a new contract that's on-site three days a week (usually I work from home, so that's where I had FIFA send my tickets), and now I'm all paranoid that the DHL guy is gonna come by when I'm not at home. They'll leave a "call this for pickup" tag like UPS and FedEx, right? They're not gonna send 'em back to Frankfurt after one try?

OMG OMG OMG can't wait :)

7. cbsmith

cbsmith Member

Feb 21, 2001
    New Jersey
    Yup, got mine from FIFA today too. Very snazzy looking tickets.

8. JcUSA

JcUSA New Member

Jul 26, 2003
    Boca Raton, Fl
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suggest opening a safe deposit box at your local bank.. Just hope the vault doesnt get stuck in the lock position when you want to get them out

P.S. I cant wait for my tickets

9. Dougdog

Dougdog New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Long Island
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone able to post pictures of those snazzy looking tickets.

10. dkrboys

dkrboys New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Simi Valley, CA
    :D don't we all feel like we've had this kind of luck lately?

11. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now I'm getting really excited!!
    I'm gonna have to make sure someone is at home for the next few days.

12. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA

Congrats on your tickets! any updates in your FIFA Customer Self-Service?? did it ever show like "shipped" status or "recived" status? just wondering. thanx for the info.

13. cswan

cswan Member

May 13, 1999
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was posted on the FIFA World Cup Fans, Travel and More Section. Here's the link to the thread where someone has scanned their tickets and posted a link so you can check out how they look.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=340218

14. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    [​IMG]

15. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh boy, just like Christmas morning!!!

16. dcat74

dcat74 Member

Apr 17, 2006
    Just got word last night that we got 2 tix to US Chex and 3 Tix for US Ghana. We previously told USSF that we did not need the Ghana Tix as we got them trhough FIFA. So, anybody out there still hoping for Ghana tix you could be in luck. Still praying for some US ITALY tix but after all that's happened I am very happy to have 2 out of the 3 games. Our numbers were in the 10xxx range.

17. MjrGrubert

MjrGrubert BigSoccer Supporter

May 22, 2003
    Whitefish, MT
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where do they imprint the names etc on the tickets?

18. Shibb

Shibb Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DHL sux. If you're not there I'd half expect them to just give them to someone else.

(I've had some REALLY bad experiences with DHL and refuse to use them for anything anymore... including having an AmEx card delivered to another person in Germany after they initially delivered to Berlin instead of Frankfurt... hey, it's a small country, right?)

19. cbsmith

cbsmith Member

Feb 21, 2001
    New Jersey
    The name is just above where it says GREEN SECTOR (it's fairly small, probably the same point size as the line at the top of the ticket that says 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany). That's the only personally identifiable information that is visible to the eye. The rest is stored in the silver chip in the upper right corner of the ticket (where it says Germany 2006).

20. Etienne_72772

Etienne_72772 Member+

Oct 14, 1999
    And just to be clear, FIFA has stated that no personal information is stored on the chips--just validating information to confirm the authenticity of the tickets itself.

21. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    did anyone else find it interested that the posted image is a Cat III ticket and is in the Green section, which -- from the small stadium graphic -- looks to primarily be a sideline section?

perhaps that Cat III ticket is for a corner, but it seems strange that it is not for the Blue or Yellow section of the stadium seating.

22. dosacero

dosacero New Member

May 19, 2005
    NYC
    it is probably for stadium entrances...like enter in the green block, etc.

23. Shibb

Shibb Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the tickets says (in German) "south curve". So I'd thought it was in the lower corner, which is not the greatest viewing spot.

24. Crazy Eights

Crazy Eights New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    ...yeah... but you're still at the World Cup. So it ain't all that bad... all things considered.

25. Shibb

Shibb Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not complaining at all, just trying to logic out how Cat III/IV seats could be in an otherwise "good" area.