My Soldier Field Experience

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by jmeissen0, Oct 11, 2003.

1. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    i left class today at 3pm

i approached the lake shore drive exit on 55 N around 5... then my car completely *#*#*#*#ing died

i sat there for around an hour and a half

when low and behold... someone stops to offer assistance... of all people... heybeerman

he got me to the game... helped me call some friends (i have no cell)... hooked my up with a ride to my buddy's place (thanks jjayg)

i have no idea what's going on with my car... i hope it is still there, but i doubt it... i have no idea how i am getting back to chambana tomorrow... but i'll deal with that tomorrow

the car can *#*#*#*#ing rot in hell... it only needed to last me to december, but i guess it's first fire game was too much (i always get there via other cars)

but i still need to get the situation resolved... *#*#*#*# me

but thanks jason and andrew...

because of you two... i got to the game and i got to my buddy's place tonight... otherwise, i would have been in a world of hurt

oh, i should thank cityiceman for the ticket... which was perfect, as heybeerman was going there to meet him

damn i love bigsoccer

2. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This just proves:

FIRE FANS ARE THE BEST.

3. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    Mexico vs Uruguay from the new soldier field on telemundo

Wed Oct 15 06:00PM Pacific
    Wed Oct 15 09:00PM Eastern
    Mexico vs Uruguay

4. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    car situation is resolved

but it was interesting

idot apparently moved my car over the night, farther down the road... at first we thought it was gone, but no... it was just moved

weird

found it, got a tow truck called... craziest driver i've ever seen... he never once looked behind him as he weaved in and out of traffic... total disregard for everyone else on the road

got it to the shop... they said i split my timing belt in half... i asked them if they wanted the car

so i'm getting $100 for it and they pay for the repair... i'm happy

5. modernpiracy

modernpiracy New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    chicago
    andy beer and jason rule!

6. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Whooo Car-mac!

7. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Let this be a lesson to all; never travel without your Fire Jersey.

8. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

Was that you on the lefthand side right before the split between exits for N LSD and S LSD? With another guy?

9. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Fire logo= international passport

It'll even buy you beer in Morelia

Good to hear all turned out well, Jim.

10. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    I'm glad everything worked out for you Jim. Just a question. Did you end up with an extra scarf when you got your stuff out of the back of van? Just wondering, one of ours came up missing. (This after we recovered Marcins scarf. Oh the irony)

How did the house warming party go? Looked like there might be some fun to have there. Alas, my kids were completely wiped out.

Evidence

[​IMG]

11. Mr. Trike

Mr. Trike New Member

Apr 7, 2003
    Chicago
    Just like Jim Curtain said Fire Logo is worth a lot.
    A few personal exapmles:
    Advanced tee times at a golf course. Told the guy I was in Station 8 which covered Soldier Field.

Free admission to strip clubs in Peoria & Bloomington.
    Went for friends bachelor party. They took one look at logo and waved me by.

High 5 from DMB as he walked down the aisle in plane for trip home from Columbus last year.

heybeerman is a model for all FIRE FANS.

12. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Uh, hey I'm flattered. But I just did what most everyone else I know in Section 8 would have done for me.

Jason gave him a ride home and Jason stays late and cleans up section 8 after everyone else has left. So do many others like Zach (who also unselfishly helps me drink beer).

Marcin is one of my heros for constantly trying to organize section 8. Liam too.

One thing is for sure. I have met alot of quality poeple in Section 8 and I'm glad to hang out with all of them. I especially appreciate the way that everyone treats Colin... like he is one of their kids. Especially Jason's family. This is what makes the whole experience special, the community.

Thanks to everyone in Section 8. Especially John (I think, I'm bad with names) who bought me a beer. And Coz, who stepped in before the security guy was gonna toss me for being a smart ass and for drumming :)

13. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    it doesn't look like i wound up with it... i'll check with my buddy in schaumburg though

house warming party wasn't too bad...

when you dropped me off, you had two kids that were passed out sleeping... did the oldest one make it home awake?

14. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Yep. He was wide awake when we got home. I will have to start giving him some beer or something to wind him down after a game. ;)

15. modernpiracy

modernpiracy New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    chicago
    my dad used to but beer in my bottle when i was a baby but my mom got really pissed at him. don't worry, he watered it down. i blame him for my problems.

16. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    You blame your dad for your problems?

See to me it doesn't even look like you care.

[​IMG]

17. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Do you also blame Dildor and Vib-rator??

18. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Hey Cam,

when are you going to Italy? do you have any free time? You should come to Spain first. You can buy a liter of beer for .75 euros here. Also they have pickpocks and male-hookers gallore here.

Flynn