My Personal Saga on the Politics Board...

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Karl K, Jul 7, 2005.

1. nekounam

nekounam New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    on your mom
    You people give the word "dense" a whole new meaning. First of all, as has already been established, the US Census (which is where your source draws its information from) is not a reliable source of information on the size of the Iranian diaspora in the United States. As has already been mentioned, the vast majority of Iranians get swept into the larger ethnic categories of either "white" or "asian" in both the shortened and extended version of the Census forms. There is no box for Iranians to check that would allow them to be correctly identified in the ethnic sense, and most people don't bother to write in their proper ethnicity. Furthermore, there have been countless organizations that have employed a more accurate mechanism for gauging the figure under question. A ten second search on google would leave you with no doubt that there are upwards of 1 million Iranians living in the US today. Since I'm in a giving mood, I'll invest those few precious seconds to show you that you have little to no idea what you're talking about.

Iranian Christian International: 1.56 million
    NetIran: 1.5 million
    NIAC, IranCensus: at least 1 million

A little excerpt from that last link:
    "...the Iranian Interest Section in Washington, DC claims to hold passport
    information for approximately 900,000 Iranians in the US."

2. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Far be it for me to suggest that the Iranian chamber of puffery, well, puffs its statistics on the number of Iranians in the US, but I'll go with the US Census.

So, courtesy of me, enjoy some census data with your saffron crow and basmati rice

http://www.census.gov/prod/2004pubs/c2kbr-35.pdf

For the entire US, 338,000 people of Iranian ancestry in 2000. I hate to break it to you guys, but there are more Lebanese and Lithuanians here than you guys. So sorry.

3. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The US Census NOT the arbitor of such things? I'm out of here. Now.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edit: Okay, I'm up now.

I really can't understand how you would think Iranians would check white or asian. You guys invented the census, so you should know better.

I'll just settle in with the knowledge that the Lebanese would kick y'alls ass here.

4. nekounam

nekounam New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    on your mom
    Yes, because it's in the best interests of Iran's current government [through its interest section in the US] to "puff" up the number of Iranian nationals that have left the country for social and political reasons. Your brilliance is blinding.

5. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, if we just put an Iranian on Chivas or the Galaxy, we'd boost MLS' average attendance by 1000!!!

PS...the chick in my avatar is Kirsty Gallacher, one of the Scottish-Iranians.

6. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    http://www.persianmirror.com/about/statistics.cfm#iran

7. nekounam

nekounam New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    on your mom
    Personally, I've never written in "Iranian" as my ethnicity on any form, for various political and social reasons. I was "white" or "other" on my undergrad apps, my med scool apps, my tax forms...

8. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Just when you think this thread has peaked, we have more stuff to make it even better!

;)

9. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I think Mani had an "Iranian" chip implanted in him as a child. Whenever that word is mentioned, he quickly dashes into the NerdCave and engages any opposition to the glory that is Iran. Must be hard getting work done that way.

Oh oh - don't look now, but someone on a board said Karimi is not the greatest thing since sliced bread! Battle stations people!

10. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nicephoras again.

11. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Karimi is the Iranian national team's baby Jesus.

12. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Given how much the Persian posters here brag about Iran, Iran's largest "asset" is really the size of their collective penis envy.

13. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yes, determining the size of Iranian population in the United States is the real big battle for the glory of Iran. :rolleyes:

I wonder where your "Iranian" chip was implanted, since whenever the words "Iran" or "Iranian" are mentioned, you are there to talk a load of crap.

14. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Ah yes, the famous "you hate Iran" comeback that every Persian poster here uses. Followed up by "oh yeah, well you're in the United States!". Of course, my deepseated loathing and hatred of Iran would surely explain my constant visits to the Asian boards, right? What? I've never been there? Huh, that's odd.............
    Now, Mani, run along to your beloved Wikipedia. I'm sure there are massive slights to Persians in there - I recently saw someone there claim Persians did not invent chopsticks or three ring binders Get to it!

15. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dam right it is odd. I wasn't aware that there was a board you didn't postwhore on.

16. nekounam

nekounam New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    on your mom
    As a ranking member of the "you hate jews" comeback committee, you don't really have much room to work with here.

17. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Great, first the liberal clown hybrid and now the Persian clown camel. Don't you have some ruins to go weep over what you used to be?

Sachin

18. nekounam

nekounam New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    on your mom
    You don't see me telling you when to copulate with your cousins, or when to change the carpet in your trailer, so please keep your cliche'd statements in that stressed little acorn you call a neural net.

19. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That reminds me how the ancient Persians invented saline...

20. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For a second I thought this was some serious South/Central Asian smack, until I remembered that any deisi that could even afford a trailer was already living in either Houston or Artesia, CA.

However, considering that the Persians invented cricket, you'd think he could tell Sachin's ethnicity by his creen name...

21. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Well, yeah, after they invented water and salt.

This thread is better than the entire rivalries forum.

22. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eric B, what are you implying?

Irony!

23. StingRay37

StingRay37 Member

Dec 4, 2000
    North Carolina
    Resolved: Iran is the greatest country on the planet, populated by Persians, the greatest race in history.

TKO Biotch!

:D

24. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, there is no greater fan of "aftermarket accutruments" than myself, but I'm just sayin'...

25. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Iran is a:

--theocracy

--run by autocratic mullahs

--who rig elections

--who give moral and financial support to vicious terrorists

--who are desperately trying to build a nuclear weapon -- a device that should NEVER be in the hands of theocratic fundamentalists who support terrorists

Therefore, your resolution -- Iran is the greatest country in the world -- is prima facie totally false, and therefore, rejected.

Q.E.D.