My Personal Saga on the Politics Board...

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Karl K, Jul 7, 2005.

1. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    How's the view from up there, Karl?

[​IMG]

2. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you have the wrong picture, Mike. Can someone find the one of the horse-on-man pics?

3. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Karl, I'm arrogant. I don't suffer fools gladly. Same with several other posters. But I don't get banned. Most of the others don't. Why might that be? I submit it's because you're wrong on wny you get banned.

See, this is why you get banned. (Part of it anyway.) You don't argue. You run from arguments like Chris Armas chasing down a Central American #10.

4. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Your drive to work must suck.

5. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    This thread is awesome! Its got literally everything - religion, politics, insults, personal vendettas, etc. Man I wish I'd have known about it sooner!
    In lieu of substantive debate (which went over less than swimmingly last time I was here) I'll just make a couple of points:
    1. Karl, will you stop whining about moderation now that Coach is a mod? Because I can tell ya, from the many debates I've had with him, he's about as pinko as Ann Coulter.
    2. Karl, I found this out myself some time ago. Telling people you're smarter than them isn't going to endear them to you. I'm still working on it - perhaps you should do the same.
    3. The real problem isn't a plethora of liberals on BS, although God knows there are some liberal posters on the Politics boards whose contribution can be summed up by "Bush sucks". Its the lack of good conservative posters. Look at what we have to go with - ITN (every one of whose posts is a trolling one), Ian "link to Newsmax" McCraken (although Ian does occasionally get a few things right), Alex's usual beatdown by Segroves for talking about things he doesn't understand, Michael Russ's unique take on the law, etc. Who're the good conservative posters on BS? TWUB is AWOL, Smiley usually goes for the snide (as do I, of course) and? Anthony's a really good poster, but who else is there? dj43 is actually a good addition to the board, but other than that, who? The proportion of good conservative posts to conservative posts is pretty bad. That's what needs to be rectified even more than the "Bush sucks" crowd which jumped the shark some time ago.

The truth is that there are very few posters in the Politics Forum whose serious posts I take seriously as well. That's the real problem, not the left/right nonsense.

4. I was wrong. This thread has almost everything - all it needs is a post by IranianMonitor about how Persian personal forums are better than non-Persian ones.

6. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Your confusing me with Terrell Owens.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3775220

Then again, you lefty moonbats are always confused about so many things!!

7. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Oh, by the way, lefties who have ventured into this particular thread?

Unless Bill objects (he hasn't been around all that much, so this may be presumptuous and he can overrule me at any time of course), let me say this.

Get the hell outa here!!

Go back to your Politics Forum playpen and your hypocritical name calling, stupidity, cynicism, pessimism, contempt, condescension, and illogic!!

Thanks very much. Been real.

8. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    First, William Chester Minor was, among other things, an INSANE MURDERER. I am not. The analogy, therefore, is out of line.

Second, where does it say, in the TOS that "whiny bitches get bounced?" No, only in YOUR universe. Meanwhile, if that is INDEED the case, half of your soulmates should be exiled to the cyber-gulag.

Did you even take the TIME to read my representative sample??

All you and they do is moan and groan, complain and whine, sneer and snivel......Bush this, Rove that, Rumsfeld some other thing. Good God.

Pick a topic, ANY topic, and they whine and complain and think the world is all going to hell.

Again, once again, the hypocrisy of you and your moonbat comrades is astonishing. And you're simply too dense, too much of dolt, to see it. Even when I smack you on the face with it like a 2 by 4, you think it's not there. Amazing.

What a joke.

Tell you what. I will challenge you. Pick a topic, any topic, and frame it in the debate style. "Resolved..." And take your typical idiotic, stupid, moonbat position. I'll take the other side.

Then I will proceed to pound you into the intellectual sawdust that you are. And slap my hands to get rid of the scraps. Clap clap.

9. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    I challenge you too. Pick a topic, frame in the debate format, "Resolved..."

Take your moonbat position; I'll take the opposite.

I'll crush you.

10. StingRay37

StingRay37 Member

Dec 4, 2000
    North Carolina
    Karl if you didn't want lefties to come in here then why the heck did you put a link to this thread in the politics forum? I think you have a serious "look at me, look at me" complex.

11. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, I sleep through most of it.

12. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Karl, so far as I know, the politics mods are Dante and Coach, an arch-conservative and a conservative. We didn't ban you.

13. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

"I must break you."

14. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Kind of like a supreme court nomination?

15. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Ah, so this is where Karl took his "I'm really smart, me!" fantasy.

To the only place on Bigsoccer full of people dumb enough to buy it.

Arf ...

16. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somebody has an awfully high opinion of himself! ;)

17. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Looks like the liberal clown car (a hyrid, of course) has pulled up.

:D

Sachin

18. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Russ gave Flannigan a serious smackdown when Flannigan tried to peddle his insane conspiracy theories about JFK. Speaking of TF, I should try to find the thread where he nonchalantly says something about a UFO landing in the USSR that started the collapse of communism.

Argentine Soccer Fan is a pretty good (and frequently very funny) conservative poster.

This thread does rule. It's like the high school party when the parents are out of town for the weekend. When Archer gets back, all the liberals will be gone, and he'll demand to know from the conservatives why there is a beer can behind the sofa, why he found a condom in the master bathroom trash basket, and why the curtains smell like cigarette smoke.

19. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    News to me nicephoras; you actually read any posts on BigSoccer Politics Board? You can't swing a dead cat in the Politics Board without hitting ten leftists! Just look at the thread titles therein!

Not trolling nicephoras... I and others make efforts to foster substantive dialogue on a myriad of political issues which invariably goes astray due to the sidetrack rants of the liberals within and their perverse thread hijacks, which you utterly failed to comment on!

Sounds like you have a personal problem; do you make an effort to add to discussion or just rail against opinion presented?

nicephoras: The Politics Board needs a Mod with the cajones to assure that all opinion is allowed; not just liberal leftism BS as usual. These moonbat liberals typically gang up on every conservative opinion expressed! If BigSoccer wants to improve things, put the smackdown on the usual group of circlejerk leftist liberals who think they own the Politics forum! The problem is not Karl, Ian, Alex, Michael, Myself, or any of the few others that attempt to add diversity to the typically leftist Politics Forum... it is instead the majority of monkey cage liberals with unrestrained egos who think they have a clue!

20. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    I did it for one reason and one reason only:

To make it clear, abundantly clear, to the Superdaves, Revolts and other's of the world, as I behave "circumspectly" in the Politics forum, that they can have absolutely NO doubt, when it comes to issues polticial, that I still think most of them are total dolts and thorough hypocrites.

21. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sachin, there's this local group that goes around to restaurants and collects their grease at the end of the day, then puts it through some process that makes it usable fuel for cars. People (doubtless in VW vans littered with Phish stickers) drive from miles away to buy the stuff.

I know you put in the winkie, but I was just speaking on Karl's terms. He wasn't speaking about me, personally, but about liberals in general.

22. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Who could have doubt of that? Moreover, who would want to - the most essential part of your comedy value is precisely that misplaced conceit of yours. If anything, we do more than you do to remind ourselves of that fact as regularly as any of us needs a good chuckle.

23. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Really, where? I'd like to talk to them. I drive past Raleigh on my way to Fayette-Nam all the time.

Biodiesel is a promising fuel technology. It's not the long term solution of course, but it's one way of reducing our dependence on foreign oil. The best part about it is that it doesn't require any modification to the cars themselves.

I've thought about approaching neighbors about starting a biodiesel fuel cooperative, especially since the cost of producing biodiesel from used oil is about $1.40/gallon. The problem around here is storage and the fact that your exhaust smells like moo goo gai pan or beef with broccoli.

Sachin

24. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mummmmm! Moo goo gai pannnnn!

In any event, I actually want gas prices to stay high, as it will provide an exconomic incentive to look for alternatives. Hybrids are the first step. Another is that as oil orices increase, Albertan oil becomes more economically feasable (it has a high sand content so it is more expensive to extract and refine). I would rather my money go to Canada than Saudi Arabia.

(BTW -- as an aside, when it was time for a new car, this Bush voting, environment hating spotted owl eating conservative wanted to buy a Prius. My Kerry voting, liberal weanie, Euro wannabe of a wife vetoed it)

25. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    To the Superdave label of hypocrite and dolt, I will add the label "hair-splitter" and "naif."

From one of the moderators...

Emphases mine...

So in other words, while I am excoriated for being a "whiny bitch", other who sling that term around can whine and complain about me.

MORE hypocrisy from your fellows, in this never ending saga.