My next purchase?

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by GROVESHSCOACH, May 24, 2006.

1. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    OK everyone,

I currently have 2.5 million and will have around 4 million at the end of the season. I have a 27500 seat stadium and an solid/inadequate coach I can convert for 650k.

Here is my team: GROVES FALCONS 223945

I train PM and have three Brilliants

One winger is Formidable with solid PM and weak passing the other is Solid with solid PM and inad passing

My forwards are excellent with supernatty setpieces and Brilliant with inad passing

My defense is formid center defender, solid/solid wingback and excell wing/solid defense wingback

All three defenders and one IM are head specialty. My keeper is Excellent

I average 63 HS at Attack 54 HS at Midfield and 51 HS at defense.

What should I buy next?

2. fcsg

fcsg New Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Don't convert that solid/inadequate, the cost is not worth it below passable leadership IMO. Also, how often do you sell out? Could a stadium expansion be an option? As for your players, the three areas I would consider to strengthen are the second winger, a forward or a goalie.

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if you wanna get a new player, I'd say upgrade your keeper.

4. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i dont mean to sidetrack to my team but im thinking of upgrading as weell dont have that much cash but feel that my keeper is lowering my defense, i have a solid, what is recommended for a div 5 team.

5. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In Div 5, there are many different directions, I have a magnificent, and I'm in V, a guy in my series has a keeper that pulls 8 stars, not sure where that is, a keeper trainer can give you a better idea. some have keepers that are passable or solid. I'd say if you can afford to upgrade to say a formidable or outstanding you'd be find for a while in V.

6. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm running with a SuperNatural Keep and a bunch of excellent defenders. Keep in mind my defenders are veterans and that in many of my matches, I've got my defensive middes in. My last league match however was played with my SN keep and my offensive middies.

7. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Groves, upgrade you wingers especially the solid. You will improve you attack and future profits.

8. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I have a titanic keeper and he pulls 8 stars.

9. PirateJohn

PirateJohn New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    California
    I disagree. I evaluated the costs a season or two ago and found that inadequate leadership is the minimum level needed to get your money's worth.

The cost of converting is about three times the cost of an externally recruited solid/poor coach, and since a solid/inad becomes a solid/poor by his third season, you get your money's worth out of him.

Your alternatives are externally recruting a solid/inad coach, which costs almost twice as much as converting, or externally recruiting a solid/weak coach, which costs about the same as converting, but gives you worse return.

10. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    I will definately convert him to coach. The questions is this season or next. If that 650k, would help me better on players, I will use it on players.

11. fcsg

fcsg New Member

Apr 22, 2005
    But still it's much more worth to take a passable instead of the inadequate. Because beside lasting one season longer, you start with higher leadership. And the conversion cost is the same, while the cost of acquiring a pass/pass and getting him up to solid is not that high.

12. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    While I agree with your statement, I do not have a passable leadership guy on my team. I purchased the solid/inad guy for 100k over a season ago and was going to use him this year but decided not to. That makes total cost 750k. To find a pass/pass guy on the market is more expensive, especially to get him in the outstanding range I would need him top be a part of my first team.

13. PirateJohn

PirateJohn New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    California
    That's great if you have a passable guy around. Otherwise, it costs more than $1.7 million to externally recruit one. Hardly worth the price.

Finding players with passable leadership and anything approaching solid experience on the TL is far easier said than done. And once you do, it's not nearly as cheap as you seem to think. The last pass/pass guy I tried to bid on went to over $500k in less than a half hour. And his TSI was about 70.

Secondly, once you buy him, it takes at least a season before you can convert him. Hardly a worthwhile solution for the immediate present, now is it?

14. fcsg

fcsg New Member

Apr 22, 2005
    In your situation, (it's a bit different maybe because grovescoach might need more leadership in D.V) I would buy a solid/poor one off the shelf, ride him all the way down to disastrous leadership, and making sure that you've god nice candidates ready in 2-3 seasons. At least that's what I'm doing.

Plus, I've seen pass/pass ones go much cheaper than you describe. 500k is very abnormal, I sold one with 1000TSI for slightly above 100k last season.

15. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan

I currently purchased a solid/poor for this season. You mention finding pass/pass guys for 100k. For me this is impossible. Any player that could go in my starting lineup would be around 750k without experience. Through in the pass/pass and he would cost me 1 million or more.

The solid/inad guy I purchased has only played in 2-3 league games for me in 1 1/2 seasons. He is a passable scorer with passable wing. Even he cost me 106k.