My Country Tis of Thee

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by FulhamRev, Nov 3, 2004.

1. FulhamRev

FulhamRev Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never saw it coming. The people spoke last night, and they spoke clearly. Not only did the Republicans win the presidency, but they made gains in the House and Senate as well. The pundits are saying the results hinged upon "values". The American people showed clearly what American values are:

1. We love war. We can't get enough of sending our troops to foreign country to kill and maim brown people. It doesn't matter that the war is misguided, immoral, or illegal. All that matters is that we display our "toughness" by dropping bombs on "them". We don't care that this strategy is creating terrorists faster than we can kill them. The only important thing is the killing.

2. We love torture. Put a hood on that camel-**********er, attach his testicles to a battery wire, and flick the switch. Shackle him up, ship him off to Jordan, and let them pull his fingernails out one by one. He was probably guilty of something.

3. Poor people are pathetic, wretched scum who deserve nothing but our scorn and contempt. This is what I have to say to the 5.2 million Americans who lost health care since 2000 and the 4.2 million who have fallen into poverty since 2000: get a job, you lazy sack of **********.

4. We don't give a damn about the environment. Americans don't mind that the air we breathe and the water we drink is being poisoned. Sell our national parks to the highest bidder, pave them over, and build a mall.

5. We would rather wipe our asses with the Constitution than defend it. Erase the separation of powers, and throw it all to the man in charge. Grant him the power to arbitrarily imprison anybody and deny the accused access to lawyers. Spy on me. Watch my every move. Crush dissent.

6. We could give two **********s about having an open, accountable government. Close the shutters. Make secret deals. Remove vital information from the public record.

7. We love massive deficits as far as the eye can see. Increase spending at record levels, but don't you dare come after my boss's tax cut. I would much rather my boss spend that money and make my children and grand children foot the bill.

8. Science is stupid. I don't care what your study says. I take my marching orders from God and God only.

9. Abortion is murder. Never mind that the fertility procedures, which I support, create far more discarded fetuses. What's important to me is that women are removed of the right to make decisions about their bodies.

10. And above all, we hate those **********ing queers. How dare they be afforded the same rights as me. How dare they threaten my marriage.

Those are the values of America. But those are sure as hell not MY values. I'm outta this place.

2. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    Bitter, party of one!

3. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    Don't let the door hit your a$$

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. ChuckA

ChuckA New Member

Apr 4, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Need any help packing?

6. Pierre-Henri

Pierre-Henri New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Strasbourg, France.
    It could be the next "state of the union" speech. Worse is, Americans would probably applause.

Seen from Europe, America is like an old friend who has become a drug addict. You try to help, but he yells at you. You try to explain, but he insults you. You want to talk, but he doesn't make any difference between the truth and the lies.

I wish you good luck, Fulhamrev, all the sympathy I can share in this damn crazy world.

Farewell.

7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh look, another European lecturing us high ontop his horse. You might want to get down before you hurt yourself.

8. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    Ya know I had truely hoped that all the partisan closeminded thinking would evaporate once this was settled. Guess not.

Facts are facts, no matter what you think about either candidate, a majority of the voting American citizens decided Bush was better to lead this country for the next 4 years, rather than Kerry. That is the first 50%+ vote since Bush Sr. Not even Clinton won 50% of the popular vote.

Many, like me, looked at the issues ALL the issues, prioritized them and picked the best person that matches our goals, morals, ethics and philosophy. That is FAR from saying that I agree with everything the candidate stands for. The candidate I voted for, I don't agree with them across the board, nor do I disagree with the candidate I didn't vote for, across the board.

So your list of biased hate spewing list is, at this point, doing nothing but harm. Pull your head out of your closeminded butt and move on. Bush won, fairly decisively this time as opposed to 2000. I wouldn't call it a strong mandate, but he won. Time to put aside the partisan ship crap and get on with fixing what's broke in this country!

9. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Oh, this is cute. Even assuming Bush himself isn't what's broke in this country, what makes you think the Republicans have any interest or incentive to be bipartisan now?

10. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Right, the first post already told you what's 'broke'....so fix it!

11. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I love it when supporters of the incumbent party talk about making a new start and fixing the mistakes of the previous administr--oops!

12. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Does your wife know that you're using her picture as your avatar?

13. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It lasted the last four years, and you thought another extremely close election was going to end it?
    Roughly twenty-five percent of the American public has completed college, not sure how qualified all these voters are to decide who's best. Even some of the educated ones are lazy ****s.
    If by "many" you mean "very very few," then you'd be spot on.
    The partisan crap is gonna be there on both sides for a long, long time. That has little to do with fixing things, because Bushco. has a Rep. Senate and House. Things should almost fix themselves. :rolleyes:

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't want to say anything, but I thought it was you.

15. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sounds like Fulhamrev hit the nail in the head. That is exactly what is wrong with America. We love torture. We love to torture camels, (hence our interest in the Middle East), we love to torture giraffes, we love to torture kangaroos, and especially we love to torture little babies. And we specialize in testicle related tortures.

16. Paul. A

Paul. A Member

Mar 16, 1999
    Wales, UK
    I've only lived in this country for 9 years but I've learnt a lot from this election. White people actually think that Bush is more for working people than the Democrats are. I can't believe they dont know the difference between left and right wing.

17. 1953 4-2-4

1953 4-2-4 Red Card

Jan 11, 2004
    Cleveland
    No, that is Dem pundit spin, because they simply can't believe more people are pro-war than anti-war. And remember, the military vote was 5 to 1, so the guys Michael Moore and company use as propagana are pro-Bush. That has to bite you in the ass at some point.

18. 1953 4-2-4

1953 4-2-4 Red Card

Jan 11, 2004
    Cleveland
    Feel free to move your superior intellect back to wherever you came from, because it doesn't seem that you are fully appreciating our letting you be here. I may hand your IP address to Homeland Security---rumour has it they REALLY REALLY REALLY hate condescending foreigners that come here and bag on our leaders while using our ammenities and infrastructure.

19. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Yeh, we can't have anti-war furiners telling us how we should rule the world. We'll do it our way.

20. Mancityfan81

Mancityfan81 New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    New York
    Earth to everyone out there: Until the Left and left-of-center figure out how to make concise, simple,and easy to understand political philosophy., we will contione to have a minority goverment dominated by a small, but very loud and ruthless, clique of neo-fascists. The GOP successfully tapped into the powerlessness and irrational fear of people in the socially conservative states like Missouri, Arkansas, Iowa, Ohio, and Louisana. The rural people who vote GOP are not all religous, political and sexual bigots, but they are scared of the future and what this country is going to look like. All they can see are things outside of thier control: job outsourcing, small-town life dying out, family farming replaced by agri-business, the kids moving to the big cities, the old social order dying out. The only thing that these voters can control is 'morality'. Taking away a certain group of people's basic human rights makes them 'feel better' because it gives them some form of perceived control over thier own destiny. If you ask these people how they feel about Bush, even the more conservative would agree with some of the criticisms that have dogged the Boy-King since his stealing of the 2000 election, especially the 'too close to corperations' stuff. They can't figure out that they are being taken for a ride by the pro-big business policies of the GOP, which, I may point out, are the main cause for the decline in rural life in the USA.

P.S: to all of those complaining about 'foreigners' putting thier two cents in, in two words, FREE SPEECH!!!!!(I mean you YankeeBlue and 1953 4-2-4.)

21. Paul. A

Paul. A Member

Mar 16, 1999
    Wales, UK
    Well I've been at work all day hearing everyone slagging off Kerry and his wife. so I was just wondering why many people vote against their own self interests. I can't vote because I'm foreign, but I've always been a liberal because I want the best for most people here. I want healthcare for all Americans! If that makes me ************ liberal then I guess people are pretty pathetic! If you grow up in a country where evryone has healthcare as a right' I'm not going to move here (I'm married to a US citizen) and not want others who can't afford it to get the same.

22. FulhamRev

FulhamRev Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're just confirming my point.

23. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    Honey? Is that you?

24. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    Yeah. Clearly that's exactly what my previous post meant...

25. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    You still here?