My biggest regret

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by MikeLastort2, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Same here except I got about 25 or so minutes of the OT. :rolleyes: I gotta re-record the replay.

2. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'll tell you what WASN'T my biggest regret. Cancelling my trip to South America. I was supposed to leave this past friday for Bolivia, Argentina and Brazil. Something told me to take out travel insurance, now I'm flying to LA instead. :)

VAMOS UNITED

3. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    It was fate my man. What's the sence in having United in the Cup without Chico being there?! :)

Represent!!!!!!

4. Mine? Instead of the "Jaime Mo-re-no" chant when Jaime showed up at the after party at Pour House, not starting an "M-V-P" chant.

5. JMStafford

JMStafford New Member

Apr 5, 1999
    Arlington
    Sorry, 'twas only the second best live and in person as nothing will ever top Foxboro in '96 soaked and chilled to the bone.

6. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    My actual biggest regret is that I cant make it to LA this weekend :(

7. JMStafford

JMStafford New Member

Apr 5, 1999
    Arlington
    I can make it. It's just that my wife has threatened my life if I go. She was none to happy to see me searching the plane tickets last night.

8. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    my regret is I didn't have time to make Jaime banner 32'x32' but there's allways next year :D

9. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    If she's doing that, she's not worth keeping.

;)

10. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Hope to see you in LA. It's been a while.

11. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in the same boat. I figure it's better not to go there since I need major good will for the 2006 WC.

12. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    I understand the game is being re-broadcast on FSW really late on Friday night/Saturday morning. I'm gonna have to stay up and tape it...it'll be well worth it, though. That is the best game I've ever been to, bar none.

13. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Like many of you already, my biggest regret is not being able to make the trip to LA...

Close second is not storming the pitch... damn it we should have stormed the pitch...

Dougg
    LN

14. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    My biggest regret would be my seats getting switched from 134 - 132 and telling the folks in 134 they couldn't sit there because my buddies were on there way down only to get a call from my friend telling me look at your stub and then somewhat embarrasinlgy saying, "0h Nevermind".. and slumping to 132.

Not a big regret really considering we felt it our honorable duty to get some of the "sleepers" on 132 to chant and scream regardless of how much they complained about it or told me DC wasn't going to win because Adu was subbed in for Gomez and Adu ruins everything :rolleyes:

I love it when people eat their words....

Oh second regret trying in vain to find Rob and Ken to say a fond farewell til next season...oh well, all that was washed over by getting a chance to shake Dema's hand before the match and tell him to enjoy his trip to LA. :D

Saturday night was pure nerve racking, stomach churning bliss.

15. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    I just checked TIVO and it scheduled to run for only 2 hours. Do you suppose they cut some parts of the game out to make it fit a 2 hour block?

16. eldiablito

eldiablito New Member

Jun 8, 2000
    in Sagy's shadow
    That's a good question. I've noticed prior rebroadcasts to be edited for time. :(

17. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    Biggest regret is when I drop Lanky off at Dulles Friday and I don't join him and the rest of the crew for this trip.

That said, I am fortunate to have witnessed Saturday's match.

18. Ian Scullen

Ian Scullen Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    Sorry to necrobump a 9 year old thread but I'm Ed Scullen's son Ian and this warmed my heart a bit. I was just searching my dad on google and came across this. I think it's cool that my dad was a big soccer lurker and I just happened to follow in his footsteps lol. Anyways I don't know if anyone around these days still remembers him but I think this post is a great ymbol of the commitment dcu fans have to each other. If anyone does in fact remember him I'd love to talk about my dad with you.

Sorry if this is weird, just thought I'd take a break from lurking and post this.

bct81, DC06, fatbastard and 18 others repped this.
  19. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi Ian. The guy you're replying to lives in Chicago now, but I'll pass along that you replied!

Oveki8, Saltenya94 and dadman repped this.
  20. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ian, I remember you and your Dad. I am one of the older SEs and have been going to the games since 96 with my, now grown, son. He and I had conversations but they were mostly of the I hope we win, yeah me too category. Beyond that I don't have much to say other than that it was very obvious to me that he really loved you. I am sorry that I don't have more to give you. Peace and Vamos United.

dadman, Oveki8, greatscott and 4 others repped this.
  21. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THE TRUE AND ORIGINAL CAULDRON!

22. Oveki8

Oveki8 Member+

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    That was the last INTENSE game in DC United's history, hard to believe that it was almost a decade ago!

I was there with my wife and two young daughters (ages 8 and 6), in the middle of the supporter's section (standing not to far from most of the most folks in this thread), and the stadium was BLACK-OUT-ELECTRIC!

dadman and Boloni86 repped this.
  23. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    No need to apologize. Bump this thread when the season starts. Many DCU fans don't check bigsoccer in the off-season. Also ask the SE's facebook page.

dadman repped this.
  24. Ian Scullen

Ian Scullen Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    It's nice to hear that. I had a lot of fun at those games back in the day. I guess that makes me one of the younger old time fans at 20.

Thank you for your kind words and thank you to everyone else.

dadman repped this.
  25. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are welcome