MVP Martins

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Sandon Mibut, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    New signeee Thiago Martins, who had already won the A-League scoring title and was first team All A-League, was named the A-League's MVP Wednesday.

http://uslsoccer.com/home/62459.html

Obviously I was in favor of signing this guy and I'm happy we signed him. And, as happy as I am that he's getting these awards, the much bigger issue is that the club signed him, an apparent player of quality.

With the team clicking right now, I can't fault Ray if he doesn't give him a lot of minutes this season, I just hope he gets a chance to compete for regular playing time next spring. Unless he totally bombs in training - Dice, any word on how he's looked? - I think DCU should keep him for next year.

2. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    And you can't blame the guy for wanting to leave Pittsburgh Riverhounds since they are dropping down to the PDL now. The timing of this move was perfect for Thiago. Now lets see what this guy can do on the field!

3. pedro16

pedro16 New Member

Jun 15, 2000
    I've seen Martins play about four times this year (3 live and 1 on FSW) and I was very impressed with his size, strength, tactical awareness, and scoring ability. The A-League is a strong league and I think he will continue to be a threat at the next level (MLS).

I wish him and DC United the best...and I agree he might not get much time in the next few games but I'd choose him over Quaranta 10 out of 10 times as a substitute.