MVB to Bayern Munich

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Contranos, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I will pour some vino for my hommie tonight....and by pour it will go down my throat

2. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    absinthe for me tonight :)

3. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    where did u get it...the key is a high worm wood level...otherwise it is BS

4. i404

i404 Member

Apr 19, 2006
    .ca - .de - .hr
  5. Forza Bayern

Forza Bayern New Member

Jul 6, 2002
    Stuttgart
    Hoeness said 6m €.

6. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    I can honestly say MVB hasn't been terribly impressive in either his 1 year stint at Barca, or lately with Oranje. His performances at the WC (he started 3 matches) were borderline abysmal. Anyways, i really don't see us losing much here...

7. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you. The only time I've been impressed with him since joining Barça is when he filled in for Deco during his injuries. Other than that, he hasn't even gotten much playing time. Even if Deco needs rest now, we still have Iniesta itching to get off the bench. I like him as a player, and wish him luck at Bayern(I also think he'll do very well there), but we really aren't losing much as a team.

8. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes great point. He had a pretty bad WC I'd have to say. He has never impressed and although he was wonderful at PSV he never proved his worth here. He was just a depth player. Nothing more nothing less.

9. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    got mine in st maarten for $10. it was 70%, but didnt list the thujone content. i dont think it worked, but when i smoked at the end of the night, my high was pretty crazy. i only ended up taking like 3 shots of it cuz i was alrdy ********ed up off other drinks. next time i will try it on its own.

10. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love it when our players leave on good terms. I wish it happened more often, but it's nice when it does. :)

11. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i wish him the best of luck. i think he will flourish in the other fcb.

12. ronaldinh010

ronaldinh010 New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    I don't think there's much of a down-side here. It makes great business sense, although I think 6mil is way to little. I would've wanted at least 9. I think this decision was taken b/c of our difficulties in selling Motta and Saviola. I like this move.

As for football, I don't think this hurts us at all. I don't think his departure leave us thin. We have Iniesta and Motta as natural covers (If I'm not mistaken, Motta has played that role for us before and is comfortable there). Plus we got a number of versatile players who can play that role (i.e. Eidur, Zambrotta, and even Saviola & Marquez). This move also allows us to keep Saviola. I think Saviola has proven that he can fill a couple of roles for us and given his financilal situation, he is great asset for us. Let's not forget, the guy is easily a 15-goal per season scorer.

I like all of our players and I'm not happy to see anyone go, so I wish him luck.

13. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I agree, I think he is well suited for the Bundesliga.

14. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat
    Yeah, I read that too. At least it was not a bitter parting...
    I was surprised to hear he was being transferred though. At the end of the match, in the media zone, he was telling Catalan TV, in very good Spanish, btw, how he loved being in Barcelona, how his kid was already speaking Catalan... Not wanting to use flash, I had my fast wide angle lens right up his nose (you have to get close if you don't want your subject to look like a pin!) and he gave me the "if looks could kill..." I have no idea where those negatives have ended up! :mad:

15. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He speaks perfect Spanish because in his last season with PSV he secretly took Spanish lesson at a monastery.

As for this being a surprise.....hardly, only because it happened at the end of the transfer window. Since Ballack decided he was going to give the old Russian mob a shot, Bayern has been keen to identify MVB as his successor. I think the move had more to do with MVB wanting more playing time than Laporta/Tkiki/FR wanting to move him on. In Sport, it was reported that MVB and FR sat down and had a long talk about the upcoming season and it was determined he would not see a hell of alot of first time, at this point it was determined moving on would be best.

16. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]

TIME TO CLOSE THE THREAD