Mustapha Jarju

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by Guarda-Redes, Jul 15, 2011.

1. canuck51

canuck51 Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Vancouver
    Jarjuseless

2. Fynnsky

Fynnsky Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Meesa thinks he was a waste of money

3. sportie1

sportie1 Member

Sep 4, 2008
    apparently he's making $427 K/year-- YIKES!!!!!!! and coach TS says be patient with him :confused:
    he's been here 6-7 weeks-- he's had enough of my patience! while it takes time to blend in with a team, skills and quality do not-- has he really shown enough of those to be a DP signing and apparently the 20th costliest player in MLS?? the answer is obvious at this time
    when i see him play, i think he needs 'a rocket up his arse' or he doesn't care enough about the shirt he's wearing
    rather than pampering him, he needs more heat and expectation put on him-- a DP player should be a leader and be 1 of the hardest working, no excuse type of players-- by coming to the Caps not in good condition since he had not played since May, it appears to me that he is a soft, too relaxed player-- Jay D should take him aside and have a hard talk with him :eek:

4. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    I'm sorry to have to say it, but I'm glad he's blown up in your face, especially as Keane contributes to LA and Koevermans and Frings help stabilize TFC.

The last thing I want to see is DP money leading to an influx of players from the Belgian 2nd Division.

I'm sorry you guys are on the wrong end of the blowback, but you're taking it for the good of the league.

5. bumbletucky

bumbletucky Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Sigh, I'm sorry, but this was just an awful signing.

6. sportie1

sportie1 Member

Sep 4, 2008
    jarju came on as substitute vs the galaxy-- played about 20 minutes! what the h**l :confused:
    if i were one of the caps players playing for a whole lot less $$$$$, i couldn't stand to be even practicing with him and i sure as heck would be wondering why TS and PB signed him to a BIG contract
    DP players should not take months to make an impact in MLS- its just common sense

7. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Yes, this was a terrible signing. All the people who are saying "give him time to adjust" are living in a dream world. If a player is "star" calibre; he can adjust in 2 months.

We are stuck with him for 2 more years and a valuable DP spot gone.

8. LyotoM

LyotoM Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    did he even go on trial before being signed. what a flop. thats one salary you wont have to protect at the expansion draft.

9. canuck51

canuck51 Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Vancouver
    http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/...esheet+feels+some+pressure/5432506/story.html

At least the local media is starting to get on his case as well.

10. sportie1

sportie1 Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Soehn said Morfaw has also had fitness issues this year and has challenged him to get fit and do a lot of extra sessions on his own.

“He's done a lot of that now and is starting to make progress,” he said. “He moved himself up a little bit [last week] and hopefully that will continue.”

its near the end of the season and now Morfaw is beginning to make progress at getting into good physical condition-- HUH!!!???

along with their new signing, jarju, the Caps have 2 players who have difficulty with conditioning-- how the h**l do the Caps find players who aren't interested in being serious professional players??? seems to me that both Morfaw and Jarju are soft players who like to coast

Morfaw should be cut at the end of the season even if the Caps have to take a salary hit-- having soft players on the team is a cancer-- i would rather they had kept kevin harmse and wes knight who gave you 100%, even if they are not as talented

might make Jarju wake up and read the writing on the wall and do some serious off-season conditioning

11. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    I also love how TS is blaming his international callup for his lack of fitness and playing abilities. He got called up for ONE trip since he joined the caps. Yeah, it was 4 days of long travel, etc... but it is time for the excuses to end.

TS must know he blew it with Jarju; he is just trying to cover his butt. At least TS is parking Jarju on the bench, which is what he deserves at this point.

12. canuck51

canuck51 Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Vancouver
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxrPSiCcv2s"]This guy sucks! -Bob Barker - YouTube[/ame]

13. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will say one thing.. Jarju did a wonderful job keeping the Sounders in the game. He had a number of relatively easy goal scoring opportunities and screwed the pooch on them.. However, I get the feeling once he pops his MLS cherry he'll be off to the races. The fact that he had a ton of chances means he's getting in dangerous positions, he's just over thinking the finishing right now.

14. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    the guy comes out of the belgian SECOND division

15. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After spending the previous two seasons in the Belgian FIRST division... He's certainly had more success in the second division, but he does have 17 goals in 62 appearances in the Jupiler League.

16. Fynnsky

Fynnsky Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    His performance against Seattle was absolutely atrocious. I am still in shock over that "pass" he made to the Sounders' keeper in the first half. I sit a few rows back of that net so I got a pretty good view of the colossal disappointment that is Jarju. Send him back to Belgium and cut our losses.

17. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Yeah, I think we have to accept he is a bust. I don't even know if he would be worthy of a "non dp" spot at this point.

From what I have seen of PB, I do not think he will easily admit this was a mistake. I am sure we are going to have Jarju around for a while.

18. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    yes, I know, he scored these goals for Lierse SK

but honestly I don't think you will MLS DP material in the belgian second division

19. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    8 of the 17 were for Mons while it was in Juliper... This "OMG!! He's from the Belgian second division" meme is just silly. The guy had success as a goal scorer in Juliper on teams that were the whipping boys for the other teams in the league. Jarju clearly isn't working out this season for the Whitecaps, but he certainly isn't going to be the first, or the last, DP that has failed to take off in MLS and none of it has to do with what league he came from. DPs are a crapshoot regardless of what league they come from. Just look at the fun NY is having with Marquez and he came from arguably the best team in the world.

20. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    How do you mean ''whipping boys''? The 2 years he played in the belgian first division his teams (Lierse and Mons) were relegated at the end of the season

But you are right, lots of DP have failed, even big names like Denilson or Marquez

21. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whipping boys = they were bad teams that were relegated.

22. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Ok, now I understand

My apologies

23. sportie1

sportie1 Member

Sep 4, 2008
    if he were such a 'hot-shot' player who can easily score goals, how did he end up in the BELGIAN SECOND DIVISION????? certainly euro teams would have flocked to sign him-- i'm quite sure he was scouted by a large number of teams , but was found wanting, even by teams in the Belgian 1st division (what does that tell you!!?)... now we are beginning to know why-- he's a soft player and cant handle the tough going, nor does he appear to take his physical conditioning seriously

thinking he can adapt to the pace and aggression of MLS may be asking too much of him- just not his style-- and definitely will not make the impact one would want from a DP salary

i would love to be wrong and see jarju beginning to make a significant impact on the Caps NOW and for 2012-- methinks its not going to happen-- he's had over 2 months to do that and still has no goals or assists and in the last 3 games has played a total of about 110 minutes out of 270 minutes-- h**l of an expensive signing!

Caps could not afford to tie up significant salary for 2 years on this type of player, and it sends a wrong message to the struggling team

set a serious training regimen for him during the off-season-- 'shape up or ship out' would be my message, even if the caps have to buy his contract out or trade him at a loss should he not do this

the Caps still need a dynamic, creative, attacking leader in the mf and jarju would appear at this time to not be it! to be fair, the caps may have expected too much from him-- it's not jarju's style to be the player the caps need

24. bright

bright Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Central District
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also thought Jarju was pretty bad. The new coaching staff is surely putting together a plan to overhaul the team. I'm curious if Martin Rennie sees any potential in him, or if he will just cut the losses and use the spot on a better player.

25. sportie1

sportie1 Member

Sep 4, 2008
    hopefully the latter... and i hope that rennie had no say on jarju being signed-- if he did, OMG!

maybe rennie's stamp on 2012 has been the recent signing of two D2 players which no doubt he has knowledge about and seen them play-- is this a good thing or another sign that 2012 will see the fielding of another weak team? not many D2 players have the ability to be a good player in MLS-- most either are gone after a short stay or are bench/reserve team players