Must read WaPo article breaks down Kay Report, makes clear Bush's treason

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by superdave, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Michael Russ

Michael Russ Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    Nope.

I was comparing the reaction of the partisans.

I would be interesed in an explination as to how Clintons lies under oath do not constitute perjury, if someone is willing to start a new thread on that topic specifically.

2. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Because he was tried and found not guilty by the Senate.

I can't be bothered to come up with an insult right now, so think of something that you'd be horribly offended by, and pretend I said it.

3. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your imputation. An imputation that allows you to avoid addressing the issue to which this thread was devoted until you played the Lewinsky card.

4. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dammit, he never said that!!!!!!! He said he never had "sexual relations with that woman." Why use such a stilted phrase as "sexual relations"? I don't know but I suspect it's because the lawyers had defined that term before his deposition, and by that definition, he didn't have sexual relations. So under the stress of the question, that's what he fell back on.

As to Michael's stupid "we didn't care" line. We cared. There's a difference between caring and wanting the man impeached and convicted.

5. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way, have any of the koolaid drinkers tried to engage the WaPo article?

6. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    'He never had sexual relations with that woman'

Maybe what really happened is that Clinton was giving some fatherly advice to a young intern in his office. She offered him a cigar and he unintentionally got turned on, unwittingly ejaculated, and accidentally stained her dress. Anyway, who cares. It is ancient history.

The issue here is that liberals and democratic presidential candidates are trying to undermine America's effort in Iraq by pointing out a few problems along the way, and trying to magnify them. Doing so weakens America and gives courage ahd hope to America's enemies. It gives them hope into buying into the idea that Bin Laden may have been right when he said that America is a paper tiger which does not have the will to fight. It makes them believe the idea that if they only give up their life and kill a few more people then America will crumble from within and they will win.

We all understand that there were mistakes in the way the intelligence was presented and interpreted, just as there were mistakes in diplomacy and in tactics. But that is not the same as lying, no matter how much the anti-bush people repeat it to try to make it sound as truth. And the mistakes do not justify the liberal effort to weaken ourselves with exagerated and excessive criticism which makes as weaker in the eyes of the whole world.

The important think to keep in mind is that overall the effort in Iraq is worthy and it is a positive thing for America, for Iraq, and for the world, in spite of some mistakes and errors of judgement commited along the way.

7. joseph pakovits

joseph pakovits New Member

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    File that under "W" for "Whatever".

He still lied. He knew he got a BJ and tried to convince us all he didn't. Whether the sophistic wording he used was technically perjury or not is irrelevant. Anything less than "Yep, I done got my pole polished!" was a lie.

And his lie is still nowhere near as bad as the many lies told by the Bush team to start their war.

Finally, the people trying so desperately to convince themselves that Bush didn't lie are self-deluded hypocrites who can't even be honest with themselves let alone anyone else.

8. mannyfreshstunna

mannyfreshstunna New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Naperville, no less
    Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., delivered a stark message on Tuesday from an unnamed U.S. military officer now stationed in Baghdad who believes negative press coverage of the U.S. war effort has cost American soldiers their lives.

While flying back to the U.S. aboard a military transport, King told nationally syndicated radio host Sean Hannity via satellite phone, "I promised an American colonel yesterday, an Army colonel, that [I'd relay his message]: 'There's blood on the hands of the American media.'"

"He's lost men because of the terrible reporting and it's just creating a terrible atmosphere," King said the Army colonel told him.

"The troops have tremendous morale. But unfortunately the terrorists are encouraged and the Iraqi people are being dissuaded from cooperating with the American forces because of the terrible coverage back here," King said.

The unnamed GI, who King said had two graduate degrees, shared his disturbing assessment as the two flew by helicopter from the Baghdad airport to the Al Rashid hotel.

Paraphrasing the Army colonel's words, the New York Republican said, "I just want you to know that there's blood on the hands of the American media; that my men and women are going to die because of them."

The GI's message continued, "We are winning this war and the only way we can lose this is if the American people lose their nerve and that's because of what's going on in the American media."

King said he concurred with the Army colonel's complaint, saying, "What I saw is totally different from what the American media [are] reporting."

Noting that he was in Baghdad during the wave of terrorist attacks this weekend, King said that, "in spite of all of that, life is virtually normal in Baghdad."

"What the media [don't] show is that the rest of Baghdad is traffic jams, markets open ... you would have thought you were in midtown Manhattan," the New York Republican contended.

"Life is so different when you're there from the way it's being portrayed in the media."

9. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love how the discussion continues to be about Clinton...

I'd like to see Michael Russ type the following words:

"I agree Bush lied to start the Iraq war"

And if Michael won't type these words, could he please explain to a neutral like myself why not?

Thanks,

Mike

10. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a light at the end of the tunnel. Besides, Iraq is just one domino; if it falls, the rest of them will too.

I'VE SEEN THIS BEFORE, AND IT DIDN'T WORK THEN EITHER.

Right. Lying is lying. If you would read the godd*** article that starts this thread you'd know about all the lies. Please engage the article or admit defeat. And let me warn you, if you don't engage the article, I'm gonna go into my victory dance, and it ain't pretty.

Just let me get this straight. Alienating almost the entire world didn't weaken us. Allotting a huge amount of our military personnel and money to Iraq didn't weaken us. Undermining the war on terror didn't weaken us. Outing a CIA agent didn't weaken us. Dramatically undermining the gvt's credibility, at home and abroad, didn't weaken us.

Pointing out the lies the Bushies told to get their splendid little war weakens us.

11. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is this, the last refuge of the damned?

You can't defend Bush's actions, so instead you call anyone who questions them traitors.

If Bush wanted the world to see strong and confident America, if he wanted to discourage America's enemies by presenting a unified front, then he shouldn't have started a war based on deception and false pretenses.

In the end, if America's enemies are encouraged, it's all Bush's fault.

12. joseph pakovits

joseph pakovits New Member

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    Your post was doubleplus good, ASG.

Thank you, Mr. Good German.

I'll let Mr. Loney and Mr. Dave pick apart the many, many things wrong with your sad attempt at denial and spin. I'll confine myself to thanking you for proving everything I said in this thread about the Ridiculous Right 100% correct.

13. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What was King's response when the fair and balanced Hannity gave the obvious follow up question:

Why are Iraqis, most of whom don't speak English, getting their news from American media outlets?

manny, either you or someone else tried to peddle this bulls*** before. Tell me how in hell the American media are having such an amazing impact in Iraq, or shut the hell up.

14. mannyfreshstunna

Feb 7, 2003
    Naperville, no less
    I'm not calling anyone a traitor. The GI in Iraq is.

15. mannyfreshstunna

Feb 7, 2003
    Naperville, no less
    Thank you for missing the point Dave. You said yourself we arn't going to lose this thing on the battlefield. If anything, we are going to lose it home. So if the constant incorrect coverage un-nerves Americans it might jeopardize the mission.

16. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, you're beyond help.

17. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    "GI", my civilian ass. He's a colonel. Assuming King didn't make him up, which I find entirely likely. Why have righties in history been so in love with the "stab in the back" theory?

Here's a hint - if the war's going so incredibly well, why are we pre-emptively blaming the media? Why doesn't the colonel point to all the amazing victories we've scored? Could it possibly be because we care more about our troops than what freaking school was built a month ago?

To be fair, there is blood, and plenty of it, on the hands of the American media. But that's because they went along with this war unquestioningly for the sake of ratings. I somehow don't think that's what King and his psychotic pal are trying to convey, though.

18. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In the interest of not having Superdave go into his dance, which he admited 'aint pretty', I will try to get past all the bullshit and address the article.

I think the gist of the article can be summed up in the last quote by Australian brig.General Stephen D. Meekin, who is one of those who have made the rounds critizicing the effort while toasted by the liberals. This is what he says:

'The investigation to date suggests that Iraqi efforts to obtain dangerous technology since 1991 met with modest success at best. By and large, our judgement is that sanctions have been pretty good, or the sanctions effort, to prevent the import of components.'

This is in a nutshell what the liberals are attempting to call lies and treason by our president. Admitedly, there were Iraqi efforts to obtain dangerous technology but they only met modest success. So, we should have let them keep trying? We should have ignored those efforts because we may have possibly found out after the fact (as this article says we did) that they only met with modest success?

I guess according to this Aussie, sanctions were the answer. We should have continued to starve the Iraqi people while gambling that it would keep Saddam's efforts to develop a nuclear program from meeting more than modest success.

Damn! That is enough to impeach Bush.

(and all the liberals say: Amen!)

19. Michael Russ

Michael Russ Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    Because I am not convinced he did.

Please qoute for me the exact words that Bush spoke that was a lie. (it will be interesting to see if what you select indeed shows that you are "neutral")

I am not talking about something he had reason to believe was true, but turned out to be wrong. I'm talking about something that he absolutely knew to be untrue when he spoke it.

20. Finnegan

Finnegan Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Portland Oregon
    Well just yesterday your golden boy flat out lied about the "mission accomplished" banner issue.

His own spokesman hours later admitted that was a lie. But hey that was a lie about something that happened AFTER the war so let me give you some lies leading up to the war:

"I would remind you that when the inspectors first went into Iraq and were denied—finally denied—access, a report came out...that they were six months away from developing a weapon," the president said. "I don’t know what more evidence we need."
    Sept 7th 2002
    Press Conference

NO SUCH DOCUMENT EVER EXISTED. That's not a "whoops we misread the intelligence" that is a big phucking lie. Bush staff then tried to say well he was referring to a document produced in 1991. Guess what? That document didn't exist either!

Michael that's a lie. LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE.

"The Iraqi dictator must not be permitted to threaten America and the world with horrible poisons and diseases and gases and atomic weapons."
    – George Bush, Oct. 7, 2002, in a speech in Cincinnati

ATOMIC WEAPONS? Are you kidding me? That is a big phucking LIE.

"We've learned that Iraq has trained al-Qaeda members in bomb-making and poisons and deadly gases ... Alliance with terrorists could allow the Iraqi regime to attack America without leaving any fingerprints." – President Bush, Oct. 7.

ZERO evidence. He just pulled this one out of his a$$.

"Yes, we found a biological laboratory in Iraq which the UN prohibited." – President Bush in remarks in Poland, published internationally June 1, 2003.

LIE. Bush knew at the time they had not verified their usage yet. Ye he said phuck it I guess I can LIE somemore.

"Bush lied and our solidiers died." Get VERY used to hearing that phrase for the next 12 months.

21. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL. Do liberals get extra credit or bonus points for parroting this stuff? Let me try it:

LIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIEphuckin'LIE!!!

Now that was therapeutic.

22. Finnegan

Finnegan Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Portland Oregon
    Way to respond to all of the blatant LIES I posted by Bush ASF. So how about are those lies or not?

23. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Yes.

24. mannyfreshstunna

Feb 7, 2003
    Naperville, no less
    What a *#*#*#*#ing sucker.

25. oman

oman Member