Musah

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Maximum Optimal, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't feel like Yedlin is a lock and he has occasional good crosses but passing for possession is weak. Robinson is sort of like him on the other side but he has no one close to him at the moment. I think Cannon may be ahead of him and Scally is coming fast. Cannon and Scally can also both play several positions while Yedlin can't.

I'd also like to see that agin even with the same players with a healthy and fit McKennie. I know you don't like him but it's unfair to rate even those that aren't you favorites when just back from a long term injury. Weah is the best at right winger and I thought he and Cannon an the and Dest played well together. I actually like Musah on the right as his play is much better there while McKennnie can play on either side.

2. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    Without going back through match records, I don't believe they've played hardly any time together, Reyna and Musah couldn't be more than, oh, 200 minutes at most?

The Clientele repped this.
  3. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    They played together in the Wales, Panama, Northern Ireland, Jamaica, briefly against Switzerland and Costa Rica in the Nations League window.

Then they were also both in camp and played in the last WCQ window. Reyna was a sub in the Mexico and Costa Rica matches when Yunus was on the field, but they didn't overlap in the Panama match.

In short, they've been together now for four camps, started four games together -- but literally at the beginning of their NT careers and not since -- and then played in 4 more matches a bit together.

Not a ton, but probably more than people thought.

4. The Clientele

The Clientele Member+

Portland Timbers
    Jun 25, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s what I was thinking. Very limited minutes together, which is a shame.

5. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    For me the Italians are more sly (like the Uruguayans we just played) while the Spanish are more quick, direct, disciplined - e,g,Messi, Vila, Iniesta. My sense is that Berhalter brought LDLT in to spell Musah - they both advance the ball thru mid on the dribble. Of course, Reyna does that as well but Reyna is more of the triple threat type with direct assists and goals over Musah/LDLT's 'pass before the pass' style. Indeed, one could say Reyna might lack 'pass before the pass' nous with the criticism that he may hang on to the ball a bit too long on occasion. I htink that is one dimension of his game he will work on.

MarioKempes and The Clientele repped this.
  6. manfromgallifrey91

Swansea City
    United States
    Jul 24, 2015
    Wyoming, USA
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course he does, that's why I said skip the editorial part and go to the actual studies. I only linked the "article" because all the studies are there in one place for easy access. You are more than welcome to go and research each one. By most independent studies, the US has far more tolerant people than other countries. The factual studies they quote are valid and sound. To say racism isn't a problem is a gross understatement, and part of that is systemic and not overt and harder to fix, but to say minorities on the whole are worse off in the US than in other countries is also false according to most measures. The access to Healthcare, food, and employment is much greater her. While the likelihood of actuallt being racially abused is lower. Racial profiling is higher, and I think there are some things like healthcare that have roots in racist history, its much better in the US than most other countries. Now economically speaking there is a larger poor class, so you can make an argument there, but poot in America and in Chile are too vastly different experiences. And that's the last I'll say on this topic, as I don't want to derail the thread, as I said we're all better off together.

Bajoro, Marko72, theboogeyman and 2 others repped this.
  7. The Clientele

The Clientele Member+

Portland Timbers
    Jun 25, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great post.

8. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "The Moose"... WHEN Musah finally scores his first goal for the USMNT he better do the moose hands celebration...

Magikfute, The Clientele and FTGOTC repped this.
  9. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But not sly enough for the North Macedonians.

Yes, of course.

10. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

nobody, Yowza, TheHoustonHoyaFan and 2 others repped this.
  11. FTGOTC

FTGOTC Member

Feb 21, 2021
    Hot dang that’s looking goooood

12. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Moose is on the loose.

13. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I like to say "Morris is better than you think" and now I find myself saying "Musah is smarter than you think". I just love the horizontality he brings to the game. Compare those clean lines to Klownshoes Kennie running around in circles while the peanut gallery oohs and ahhs.

With Musah clearly staking his claim to the middle third in attack, we need to supply him with the right forwards and I think that has been a 4 man line of Brenden, Christian, Jesus and Timmy. Who would I drop for Reyna? Dunno. That's a hard one but I don't think we can plan on Reyna at this stage except as a Plan B element, even if he is available for September.

I'm worried about counters v. Musah, tho, so I'd think hard about a 3rd cb (which is what Adams has been used to playing with at Leipzig, b.t.w.).

Knowing that Berhalter will not go 3 in the back at this late stage, he should consider a midfield type fullback like Scally on the left or Cannon/Dest on right sitting back, while their opposite goes forward. 3G's seems to be leaning that way in any case.

14. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Do you ever give it a rest?

nobody, ifsteve and gogorath repped this.
  15. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point I'm convinced Wes took his kid's spot on a U12 travel team.
    Just accept the bias.There is other good info in there.

TurdFerguson repped this.
  16. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Can we please discuss Musah? The kid is so good. I even put bolded in to lead people into an interesting discussion. But, no, the obsession with McK continues. Can't we all just get along?

17. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Ok, we are being trolled

GreedyG, FTGOTC and gogorath repped this.
  18. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I still don't see Musah in your post. Whose trolling? This is the Musah thread.

19. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're the one calling professional footballers names.Maybe don't do that.

TheHoustonHoyaFan and papermache16 repped this.
  20. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I give up.

21. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    You threw in the gratuitous insult and then called rejoinders off topic. Trolling.

22. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I didn't say off topic. I simply asked for you to discuss your rejoinder in the context of Musah.

Since you are obviously not going to do that because you have another agenda, I'm outta here and have a nice day.

23. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    Musah's great, but most of those highlights are dribbles through the middle with dump offs at the end.

I'd really like to see him take a step forward and recognize more disruptive passes earlier and take or attack the box.

He created some real danger there, but he's still leaving a lot on the table.

nobody repped this.
  24. laxcoach

laxcoach Member+

United States
    Jul 29, 2017
    intermountain west
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tuck tail. The agenda is all yours and you run when called out for it. Hid for a few weeks last time wasn't it?

Your a troll. I suspect you giggle before hitting post.

25. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Enough folks. I'm at the beach and just had one of those big-ass vodka drinks my brother-in-law makes. I might accidentally delete a whole bunch of stuff if the McKennie stuff continues.

jnielsen, Bajoro and ifsteve repped this.