Murder the Cameraman!?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by zedubal, Mar 20, 2010.

1. zedubal

zedubal New Member

Mar 31, 2008
    American Fork, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Can someone at the Santos game please go murder the camera man at half time? I swear the ball has only been in view half the time. There were like 3 replays of Richards' goal where you couldn't even see him strike it. WTF?

Nice work in the first half guys, making MLS look good!

2. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    I noticed the same thing and am wondering if its being recorded for Hi-Def/Widescreen viewers only. Some of us are still living old school with 50 lb TVs.

3. lonelycowboy

lonelycowboy Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Austria
    Its not the cameraman´s fault. My picture is perfect.

4. ritsoccer86

ritsoccer86 Member

Jul 18, 2005
    I echo the OP's sentiment.

5. zedubal

zedubal New Member

Mar 31, 2008
    American Fork, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Maybe the picture is being chopped for us non-HD viewers... even if that's the case, someone still needs murdering because none of the other games on FSC look this bad and those are converted down from HD too.

6. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    I dont have MSG HD but havent noticed this issue ?

7. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Bingo!. I watched the first 30 minutes on MSG HD and wow that was beautiful. Very crisp and clean. Here in NY the Buffalo vs Florida hockey game started at 7pm so I switched over to FSC and that was absolutely the worst picture I ever saw. It was like watching 3D without the glasses. Blurry, stretched, ball off the picture. If the cameraman has an HD camera he can see the ball on the peripherals of his viewfinder so it's not their fault. Just bad. Great we have RB Arena but to watch it on FSC couldn't have seen everything. Someone write to FSC and say if you show this crap again show a replay of some other game. Does anyone have FSC HD. Ironic that this was a celebration of Soccer in America then we can't see the game in any quality with FSC HD in the corner of the screen. Total Bull! Pun intended.

8. jass

jass Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Club:
    Parana Curitiba
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Heres what happened:

The camera man was filming for HD (widescreen) audiences only. This is a huge mistake, until 100% of the country has access to the HD feed and an HD monitor, all broadcasts should continue to be made form 4:3 viewers, with everything else being extra. Sitcoms, news programs, drama shows, NFL etc....they all film for SD audiences.

The camera man was amateur hour, because the ball should ALWAYS be in the screen area visible to 100% of the audience.

9. enigma89

enigma89 Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Farmingdale, NY
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The picture looked amazing on MSG HD, too bad people who have Dish Network, DircTV, etc don't get MSG in HD.

10. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Must have been a packaged deal...new stadium, new camera crew ;)

But seriously, they should know the majority of their audience can only get this channel in SD. Bunch of noobs.

11. bige(redbulls)

bige(redbulls) New Member

Feb 27, 2008

Thank GOD some1 mention that. The guy is got his zooming prilveges taken away. He is prob used to bowling.

12. Wabbit67

Wabbit67 Member

May 19, 2002
    Avon-by-the-Sea, NJ
    I don't know what you're talking about. I have Directv and I get MSG in HD. As a matter of fact, I get every NY sports station in HD.

13. tambo

tambo Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Amen. And even when filming for HD, the ball/primary action should remain in the center anyway. We should have been able to see the ball in SD no matter what format the camera guys were filming in.

That was just absolutely painful to watch. I actually had to turn it off after 30 minutes, and that's usually really difficult for me to do during the flow of a soccer game. Very disappointing. Speaking as a neutral MLS fan in another part of the country, I'd been really excited about seeing the stadium's debut match.

There was another problem with the FSC broadcast that I suspect was related to the HD taping: Everything was vertically squished. Really squished. I know Dane Richards isn't exactly Peter Crouch, but he looked like a cartoon dwarf on FSC tonight.

Not cool. Just a bummer all around.