Munsterman shall never surrender! yet another Twente thread [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by johan neeskens, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    One day we will be champions and all that.

2. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Munsterman shall never surrender! yet another Twente thread

You do come up with the best thread titles.

3. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

Thank you. The great man deserved a thread title!

4. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

Anyway the great man this morning announced on Dutch radio that the second stadium expansion (due next summer) includes a 'Gaudi type' architecture for the second main stand. I'm not quite sure what that means!

5. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Haha, know what you wish for. But I like the intent.

6. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

I'm just not really sure how it'd fit in with the architecture the main building has now! Trust Munsterman to come up with something that ambitious mind.

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

As soon as I finish developing some of the images from Barcelona I will post an example of Gaudi architecture (in the meantime see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaudi there is a neat picture of Casa Millita). It is way cool and the city is full of buildings and there is a big park he also designed. Your owner has great taste and this is why FC Twente is my second favorite club in the Eredivisie!!!!!

8. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

I've been to Barcelona, I know! I just can't really picture how to apply that style to a fairly traditional stadium. I mean will it be the cathedral style or the parque style, you know with the ceramics?

He's not our owner btw. Our club is organised into a not for profit foundation and Munsterman simply is an employee of that foundation.

9. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

In Groningen they have already "De Groene Kathedraal", so would I don't hope so...

10. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

I don't think Twente will ever copy Groningen in anything!

I reckon they'll do something with multi-coloured ceramics on the main building.

11. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

What has been a stupid choice at Groningen was that they didn't build a stadium that could be easily expanded to 40.000. For WC, for Euro's, for success, for bigger budget you need expension options. I saw the budgets you posted and thought to myself there is a big gap to fill between Groningen and Heerenveen-Twente-Feyenoord. Can't wrap my head around that choice.

12. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

Twente really thanks its riches to its stadium. Not just the season tickets but also because the stadium really is ours, including all facilities and services within it. Stuff that other stadiums outsource, we all do ourselves, from selling beer to organising weddings through to hosting funerals. That's also why the development of the club simply cannot be reversed, contrary to what many people like to think. I'm not saying we'll ever be as rich as Ajax or PSV, but we'll continue to grow for years to come, while Ajax and PSV are at a financial standstill for now.

Once the stadium is at its maximum capacity of 44,000 we'll have to think of new ideas mind!

13. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Johan, I really didn't know that your former "darling" Fred Rutten lost many sympathies in Enschede.

14. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    A lot has happened. Twente invited him to the cup semifinal last season, as a VIP guest. So what does Mr. Rutten do after the game to express his gratitude? Try to recruit Twente players for PSV!! Our chairman was furious. But if this wasn't enough to piss everybody off, the way he got Ten Hag to PSV made our deputy chairman declare in public and to the Dutch media: "We will never do business with PSV again."

15. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV

I believe Laporta has something similar planned for the Nou Camp renovation/expansion.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Absolutely and it's going to look very cool. I was in Barca for holiday and took the METRO out to Nou Camp. they had drawings of what it is going to look like on display. I was amazed at the vastness of the stadium when inside. They wouldn't let us down on the pitch unfortunately.

17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

When will it be ready?

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Can't remember if they had a schedule posted.

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  20. RickChelsea

RickChelsea Member

Sep 28, 2008
    sidknee
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mozambique
    just thought id say rukavytsya got his first cap last night against republic of ireland and did fairly well. showed some good touches and a lot of pace that gave richard dunne a lot of trouble.

but his problem like as its been mentioned before that ever since he left australia, that he doesnt put his head up at the goal and seems more enticed to play another player in on goal instead of having a crack himself almost as if he is goal shy...which isnt bad...infact it is GOOD because before he left, he wasnt really dynamic in that sense and would only look at the goal and would forget about passing the ball etc. though he did a few very good crosses i have to say as 12 months ago those crosses would of went into the stands :D

but there were times against ireland that he found himself in good positions and could of had a shot on goal - possibly scoring as well - but decided to turn his back to goal and pass back to brett holman of all people who as we all know is one of the worst players in world

from an australia point of view he needs better decision making, but physically and technically he looks much better than he used to at perth:D

21. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
  22. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Thanks for the update Rick! It was nice to see him make his debut for Australia. See he's already brainwashed for Dutch football (teeheee) Twente coaching staff seem to have faith in him as he's getting playing time ahead of some other youngsters who are considered as very big talents at Twente. It'll take some doing to win a starting place though as the most expensive Twente player ever is playing on the left wing (Ruiz) and team captain and striker NKufo is a club icon. Respect to Ruka though, I'm hearing a lot of good things about his work rate and mentality.

23. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Good luck to Twente this season!

24. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Thanks DF!

25. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Any stream for the game? All of my usual links do not even have it listed.