Munich Lodging for Oktoberfest

Discussion in 'Food & Travel' started by 79United, Jul 20, 2009.

1. 79United

79United Member

Apr 10, 2000
    SW DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright, I need some help. A large group of friends and I are headed to Munich this September for Oktoberfest. The tix are purchased but we've been stumped by lodging. Every apartment/house rental we've come across have turned up scams. There are "americanized" hotels available in the city but we're looking for something with more of an old-world feel.

We're looking in Munich and Augsburg for someplace to stay. Anyone have any suggestions?

TS

2. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Just expect to spend a lot of money. Munich iotself is expensive, it becomes insane for Oktoberfest. What tickets did you buy though? entrance to O-fest is free of charge afaik.

3. Randy36

Randy36 New Member

May 9, 2007
    Houston
    If you are looking for a good hotel at a reasonable price I recommend the Hotel Laimer Hof which is located in a quiet residential area close to the largest beer garden in Munich... The Hirschgarten.

4. 79United

79United Member

Apr 10, 2000
    SW DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks fellas. I was actually able to get reservations at Hotel Mariandl which is just a few blocks from the Fest. Our tent tix cost us $58 per but that included the fee for the org we went through to guarantee seats. The tent name starts with an 'A' and goes on for about 15 letters. Couldn't reproduce it if it was written down in front of me.

Thanks for the assist. If you guys have any other recommendations, I'm all ears.

TS.

5. Randy36

Randy36 New Member

May 9, 2007
    Houston
    Each tent has its own personality. The Hofbrau tent is allegedly the rowdiest and usually full of Aussies and Americans.

For information about various tents check out The Oktoberfest Website. I understand it describes the different tents.