Munich Derby

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by bronx spur, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bronx spur

bronx spur New Member

Aug 18, 2003
    Bronx
    Need help, traveling to Munich over Thanksgiving and would like to catch the Munich Derby. Couple of questions:
    1. Bringing the wife is the atmosphere dodgey? (she has been to white hart lane and west ham)
    2. Is there seating or is it terraces?
    3. Better to sit with 1860 or Bayern?
    4. Best way to the stadium and time needed.

Tried the websight but my german is limited.

2. e_k1

e_k1 New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Germany
    1. Atmosphere is not at all dodgy, you'll be OK!
    2. Both.
    3. Thats up to you. Personally I always sit in the main stand at this time of year, as its the only one fully covered, which can be handy if its raining!
    4. Take the subway, allow at least 30 minutes form the city centre.

This game is usually sold out I think, so you may need to get your tickets before hand. As its the 1860 home game, try their website http://www.tsv1860.de/. Its in german but you'll find the ticket hotline and email address, maybe someone there speaks english.

3. wolfsburgh

wolfsburgh Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I was in Munich for the TSV/Bayern derby in March 2001. I tried buying tickets in advance (over the internet and through a TSV fan club), and couldn't (IIRC, TSV was the "home" team). I was told the game was sold out. I tried buying tix when I got to Munich through ticket brokers, and couldn't. I was told the game was sold out. I asked the hotel concierge about scalping tickets. He strongly advised against it. When it rained day of, I decided to bag it, and instead went to the Unterhaching/Stuttgart game the next day. Good luck, you will probably need it.

4. e_k1

e_k1 New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Germany
    I was at the Munich derby last season, and got tickets via the 1860 ticket hotline. It was about 7 or 8 weeks before the match though.

5. wolfsburgh

wolfsburgh Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I tried buying them probably about six weeks in advance over the internet, so maybe the extra couple weeks made a difference.

6. wolfsburgh

wolfsburgh Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Just took a look at TSV's website (www.tsv1860.de) and, in particular, the online ticketing service, and there appear to be tix available (I checked the most expensive seats--40 euros). I didn't try ordering them--just checked on availability--but I would assume that with a credit card you've got a shot.