Mundial Sub20: vs. Portugal, 12 julio (R) (News, etc...)

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by JAIME CHILE, Jul 8, 2007.

1. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    El jueves 12, Chile jugará en el pasto natural de Edmonton contra Portugal, que ganó sólo a N.Zelanda, y perdió con México y Gambia.

Horario: 19:45 de Chile continental(23:45 GMT)

Tengo entendido que viven miles de portugueses en Canadá, así que supongo que el estadio estará prácticamente lleno.

Ojalá tanto viaje Toronto-Edmonton-Toronto-Edmonton no afecte a la Rojita.

El ganador jugará contra una selección africana (Nigeria o Zambia)
    http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/matches/kostage.html

2. BamBamZam1+8

BamBamZam1+8 Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Re: Mundial Sub20: vs. Portugal 12 julio (R) (News, etc...)

Their defense has been suspect in the tournament and Gama might be out for this match, I'm liking our chances right now.

3. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

As a European side they'll have a more distinct style of play than Austria.

Portugal's group was pretty dificult, Mexico has been strong, and Gambia has proven tough.

4. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Portugal has the ability to work their way through defenses, but their own back four has proven to be fatal, so you're right on the money.

Gambia was shutting Portugal down with fouls and pressure tactics, that Portugal's game diminshed, and long balls were the only thing left.

A healthy Sanchez and Vidangossy will keep the possesion in Chile's favor, and Portugal may have to resort to counterattacking, if they don't have their players such as Gama for the game.

5. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  6. DanStu

DanStu New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    San Diego, CA

without carmona (the captain), and our latest display against austria..i have a very bad feeling about the outcome of this next game. hopefully they rise above and we make it to the quarters

7. Wanderino

Wanderino New Member

Jun 27, 2006

Tickets purchased for this game. Driving to Edmonton.

Midfield - First row. Look for signs about Valparaiso puerto principal & some SW flag/shirts/something.

8. nico002

nico002 New Member

Jun 28, 2007

Why so negative?

Portugal lost against Gambia, and lost Gama.

9. DanStu

DanStu New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    San Diego, CA

portugal is a very good team though...brazil beats more people than mexico, but mexico beats brazil...doesnt mean mexico is better...see where im going with this?

the reason i am negative is because i am just so used to being let down after having all my hopes put into championships and cups that i try not to get too worked up (i was a mess after colo colo lost in the final of copa sudamericana to pachuca after going 1-1 at pachuca's stadium. i was so excited and watching the game at home ready to celebrate colo colo's first copa sudamericana cup, but we lost 2-1 at home...such a terrible day for me. and then we didn't go as far as i hoped this year in copa libertadores.....as well as many defeats in our history).

its not that im negative, i get excited for chile to win every time..

VAMOS CHILE!!!

10. nico002

nico002 New Member

Jun 28, 2007

To be honest with you the brazil mexico thing dosent really make sense to me. Aside from the fact that both portugal and brazil speak the same language, there arent many similarities.

The portugal squad is not better than the Chilean one. We have to get this loser defeatist menatilty out of our heads before we actually start winning things. We have to be confident and proud of our team, we can always win the game.

Every team is different, using past tournaments to judge new teams is not fair to anyone.

Did you really expect colo colo to do anything without mati fernandez in the libertadores?

11. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK

Winable game...if we beat these guys we can make it at least to the semis were we would meet Argentina or Mexico.

You can't use the Austria game as an example because both teams were happy with the draw and both teams moved players around.

12. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Chile shouldn't have much of a problem beating this 2nd string Portuguese side, aside from a few players!!! Most of the players that should have been at this tourney representing Portugal were at the U-21 European Championships, 2 weeks prior to the begining of the U-20 WC!!!
    With all that being said i'm predicting a Chile victory(3-1)!!!

13. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  14. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK

I hope so man...but I don't think it will be that easy...;)

15. El_Bulla

El_Bulla Member

Jan 21, 2007

They lost against a 10-man Gambia.

16. El_Bulla

El_Bulla Member

Jan 21, 2007

Ojalá tanto viaje Toronto-Edmonton-Toronto-Edmonton no afecte a la Rojita.

Y si gana es toronto-edmonton-toronto-edmonton-montreal

La FIFA tiene que hacer algo:mad: !

17. El_Bulla

El_Bulla Member

Jan 21, 2007

Si Chile gana, viaja a montreal y los kilometros van a ser 13.049.
    Si pierde los kilometros total son 10.866.

Japon solo ha viajado desde su hotel ha el estadio.

18. CHILENOdeCORAZON

Aug 27, 2004
    Canada

Y ahorra, Japon viaja para su casa. :)
    I guess it did not make much of a difference in this case. I just hope Chile is not using this as "insurance" for later on, to have as an excuse, in case they lose.

It should be a great game. Any team can win on any given day and that is why they play the game.

- I like the idea of starting Grondona from the opening whistle. I just hope he has the stamina to go deep into the 2nd half. Nico can always find the net (mind you he can miss quite often also), but he never really added much on the creativity side. He would just be the receiver, instead of the play-maker.
    - I hope Sanchez steps-up. He has only played one game so far and I feel he is relying on his name too much. He really needs to show-up today and cuidado with getting cards. He is making news off-the-field, it's time he makes news on the field.

19. nico002

nico002 New Member

Jun 28, 2007

Sanchez relying on his name?

What are you talking about?

He was without a doubt the best player on the field against congo.

20. CHILENOdeCORAZON

Aug 27, 2004
    Canada

No argument that he was the best player. If you see the Congo thread, I posted he looked really good already in the 1st half (before he even scored).

But he missed the other 2 games, why ?? Because of yellow cards ...

I guess I should rephrase. I hope he steps up like he did in the Congo game.

21. nico002

nico002 New Member

Jun 28, 2007

You realize that sanchez hasnt been able to finish his last two practices because of back pains?

There is a little more to it than yellow cards.

22. BamBamZam1+8

BamBamZam1+8 Member

Jul 28, 2003

1-0 Chile at half thanks to Vidal. Where is everyone?

23. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown

you will smash us by many more.

The most shameful youth squad ive seen in years from portugal..half our players cant even control the ball properly. Then again whats to be expected when we send reserve players from our second division B and keeping all our good players in the european tournements...such an embaressment here in canada.

Feel sorry for antunes, he doesnt deserve to play with such horrible players.

Vigenoddsy( spl) vidal, sanchez, medina are good players.

Suprised chile hasnt Qf for more world cups, they always have talented teams.

Hopefully we won play so defensive in the second and atleast score a goal..will be more entertaining and you guys will run rampid on the councter attack

24. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK

Presente!

I'm a bit worried about Sanchez, I hope he gets better...we need to turn our posetion into goals...the guys are missing too much chances in the final third...

25. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK

Qualifying in S.America is harder than people think, there are no easy teams down here, teams grow bigtime at home soil and all teams have at least one player that is a match winner. Also there are those little things called Brazil and Argentina...