Mullins / Garcia appeals lost

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by Kent_Hammer, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Kent_Hammer

Kent_Hammer BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 7, 2004
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The FA have decided not to show clemency and both players will miss the final. It's a shame especially for Mullins who may not get the opportunity again, but they only have themselves to blame I guess.

2. norwaytips

norwaytips Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Oslo, Norway
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Shame that, but they have nobody to blame but themselves. I wonder who will get in now??? Newton at RB, with Anton playing midfield? Fletcher as a straight replacement maybe? Dailly is trying to get fit too.

My choice would be Fletcher in the holding midfield role and our fastest runner at right back. What's happened to Clarky? He was great against the Arse, but has vanished since. Tony.

3. torontohammer

torontohammer New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Toronto
    I'm gutted for Mullins. It didn't even seem to be a red card offence when you compare it to some of the argy-bargy that goes on so often these days. I presume that there is no further appeal process. Still, the FA is the FA and they have their ways.

4. McTide

McTide New Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Pine Level Alabama
    In my opinion, this hurts us more than the liverpils. I look forward to the day, and soon coming, that we have the depth to match the "Big 4" clubs.

5. Chadwell

Chadwell New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    North Carolina
    The decision is complete crap.

Without Mullins I would opt for an attacking line-up. Put Zamora in up top next to Ashton, drop Harewood back on the right side and play Yossi and NRC in the middle.

I'm sick of seeing 1-0 scorelines in title matches.

Prediction: Hammer win 6-5 :D

6. shootemlow

shootemlow New Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Guess I'm in a minority here as I've never rated Mullins, half the time he gives the ball away, watch him closely, 50% of his passes are to the other side. We have enough coverage with moving a few around with Newton possibly even Ward (needs more exposure) or better yet, let Noble fill the position.:)

7. hammermolder

hammermolder New Member

Apr 3, 2006
    LA born chelmsford
    Im sorry,but im with you shootem,i just dont rate mullins,i dont think its a great lose,bring in young Noble,how old was Paul Allen when he played against the arse,16

8. McTide

McTide New Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Pine Level Alabama
    You have a point. I just hate losing experience in the biggest match the Hammers have played in decades.

9. Batcave Brigade

Batcave Brigade New Member

Aug 11, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    When Noble came in around Christmas for Reo he didn't look up to it. IMHO, it would be insane to throw him in the final at this point.

It will be interesting to see what Pardew experiments with Monday.

10. hammermolder

hammermolder New Member

Apr 3, 2006
    LA born chelmsford
    I know the rest of the leauge wont like it,but i think Pardew needs to experiment in the next two games, they mean nothing to us,we need to see whos up for what,although pompie, the brummies and the arse might see it different.

11. hammer_scout51

hammer_scout51 New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    Guys Mullins has been brilliant in 90% of the games he played. Its one of the positions that you don't notice the amount of involvement the player has.

Reo and Yossi for me but i can see Pardew going with Dailly if fit.

12. McTide

McTide New Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Pine Level Alabama
    Playing 3 teams with a lot on the line. I agree with some experimentation, but I really want to close out strong and ensure a top 1/2 finish.

13. ballard45

ballard45 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Melbourne, Vic, Aus
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    If he is fit, I think that Dailly is our best option. Many on this board have said that his best position is sitting in front of the back 4. This would be his chance.

I'd still like to see AP really attack the game. Play 3 strikers - Harewood, Ashton and Zamora. The game is there to be won...go for it.

14. hammer_scout51

hammer_scout51 New Member

Oct 19, 2004

The only way Pards may do that is if he plays Reo and Yossi in the middle and Marlon wide right.

15. shootemlow

shootemlow New Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Good discussion guys. A few options for Pards, throwing youngsters into a FA Cup final can be great for their career, adrenalin works wonders for nerves.
    Hopefully we will see Noble in the team against W Brom. ;) Looks like Pompey are staying up lets do the double on them next season.

16. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I never rated Mullins. I was wrong. He's grown in stature with every game this season. We'll miss him.