Mukwelle Akale at Villarreal

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Mario Balotelli, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    UniversalAdvice and Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  2. punintended_13

punintended_13 Member+

Atlanta United
    Mar 22, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    https://www.levante-emv.com/castello/2018/10/02/akale-entrenes-villarreal-b-son/1775059.html

There is an entire little feature done on him by a publication in Spain.

Here's google translate's depiction:

Mukwelle Akale, the shortest and most talented footballer of Villarreal B, signed a great double on Sunday against Sabadell at the Mini Estadi in the triumph of his team 4-1. Third consecutive victory for the Miguel Álvarez subsidiary. "I am very happy for those two goals, but even more for the victory we add. We needed it a lot, "said the American midfielder, born Minneapolis (in the state of Minnesota). They were his first two goals in Segunda B for a rookie in the category.

"I have to take advantage of the opportunities they give me and I have taken advantage of it," said a player who is celebrating his fourth season at the Villarreal youth academy: "We are many in the squad and we all want to play, both the youngest and the oldest. The training on this team is Top level, and there is a lot of quality in the squad ».

Akale arrived three seasons ago at the Villarreal youth academy. The Plana Baixa club threw the nets to him after his brilliant performance with the USA U-18 team in the Atlantic Cup (Las Palmas) in February 2014. He played one season in the youth and another in the second branch, where He began to stand out for his technique and intelligence with the ball, apart from being very offensive. He had the poster to be one of the most promising players in American football.

On Sunday, the third consecutive victory was added. «We are going upwards .. We are a very young team, but with the desire to do great things. Little by little, the victories arrive after a start in which we suffered two consecutive defeats. We are on the right track and we hope to continue growing even more, "said the end. Now you think about the match on Sunday at the Peralada-Girona B field (12.00 hours).

Mukwelle Akale arrived in January 2015 from the Minnesota Thunder Academy (in Woodbury) and joined the youth A and repeated the 2015-16 season. In total played 38 games, with 2,765 minutes and managed to score twelve goals. And the last two campaigns have been played in Villarreal C Third Division, with 58 games, 3,486 minutes, eight goals and a yellow.

In this season he has four games, with 101 minutes and two goals scored on Sunday against Sabadell, so yellow accumulates 100 games, with 6,352 minutes, 20 goals and a yellow.

3. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    UniversalAdvice repped this.
  4. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UniversalAdvice repped this.
  5. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You bring up a point I’ve never understood. We’ve been able to watch about 50% of his games since he’s been in Spain and I’ve never seen him struggle, he’s always shown phenomenal skill, speed, quickness, intelligence, and off the ball movement.

Yet people have doubted him and publicly stated certain prospects were better even though why’ve never been able to see them play full matches.

It’s sad but it seems to be the uneducated soccer intelligence disease that has infested the game at most levels here in America. I hope it will change!

6. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Akale did not play as the B Team won their fourth consecutive match against Perelada. They are now two points out of first place.

7. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Very interesting that he doesn't play after the performances he put in last week.

8. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    This is getting out of hand. Can we move the discussion to the Containment Unit?

9. DC_Dave

DC_Dave Member+

DC United
    United States
    May 16, 2017
    Mukwelle goes 56' as Villarreal B wins 3 - 2 at home over Conquense in Spain Segunda Division B, Group 3

(don't have match report yet)

10. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Played well again. One interesting note, it looks like he has been given complete freedom within the attack to go where he needs to go. This is massive for his natural development as a playmaker.

He definitely played better than Samu in this match.

On a sad note, it looks like #10 Pedro has not completely recovered from his last torn ACL (#2) he was a top prospect in all of Spain and it looks like he has lost a few steps. Here is hoping for his health and return to top form..

11. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    They are, but those look more like cartoon-style illustrations than actual photographs. I wouldn't worry too much.

12. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    Subbed in at 64 and makes an instant impact:

14. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    His form has been extremely high.... I wonder when he gets the call to the first team....

USSoccerNova and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  15. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    He's gettin' closer, both to a first-team shot and (far more importantly) me eating my words.

TheFalseNine, Gacm32, Winoman and 2 others repped this.
  16. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    If he can make the first team this year, I hope he gets looked at for the #10 spot on the national team. He looks impressive in what we've seen from him even though it's not the highest level of competition.

Gacm32 repped this.
  17. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Highlights of the match vs Hertha

18. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The level he is playing at is extremely high from a tactical and technical perspective which is the most important type of environment for our players to playing in....

It will be curious as to what happens if Tab Ramos is named manager of he USMNT

19. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Villarreal play Barcelona B tomorrow @12:30 EST.

20. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    At Villarreal or Barca?

21. PalmettoSpur

PalmettoSpur Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  22. DC_Dave

DC_Dave Member+

DC United
    United States
    May 16, 2017
    Akale starts on the bench for Villarreal B

Tom Collingsworth and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  23. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Stayed on the bench. This was a park the bus defensive battle anyway. Villarreal's sole goal was from a PK. Match ended 1 - 1. Villarreal remain two points above Barcelona but this draw will likely let Hercules, who play tomorrow, slip back into first.

24. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Played the second half (46') in a 2-1 win over Atl Baleares.

His entry was considered key to the victory:

"El Villarreal B buscó la victoria en la segunda parte y la consiguió. Miguel Álvarez dio entrada a Akale en lugar de Lomotey en una clara apuesta ofensiva. Una decisión clave en el resultado final."

"Villarreal sought the win in the second half and they got it. Miguel Álvarez subbed Akale in for Lomotey in a clear offensive gamble. It was key to the final result."

https://www.villarrealcf.es/noticia...item/22268-el-villarreal-b-esta-imparable-2-1

Villarreal have now gone eight match days without a defeat. They remain two points behind leader Hercules with 18 GF and 10 against.