Mukwelle Akale at Villarreal

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Mario Balotelli, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    USSoccerNova, Gacm32, Giggsy1986 and 6 others repped this.
  2. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    That first turn was awesome but the strength to bump that defender off the ball on the second goal was really impressive. Good for him.

Gacm32 repped this.
  3. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so assist, goal, penalty drawn. is this a perfect hat-trick?

Gacm32 repped this.
  4. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    That's what I was just coming here to write, so I'll pile on. On the assist, he was attacking the defense hard -- look how aggressive he is with the ball. Then he bodies a CB to score a goal in the box, which obviously (if you're a CB) should never happen. It's reasonable to wonder how his game will look at a full adult professional level, but at this one, anyway, he's hardly dainty.

5. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Technically the Tercera division is a full professional level.

Gacm32 repped this.
  6. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    That's fine, but he's playing with the C team.

I will stick to my general point, and you can be technically correct.

Everyone wins!

;)

7. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks good enough to at least be playing in Spain's 2nd division.

frankburgers repped this.
  8. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    This kid can absolutely ball. If he can show that kind of strength at the top level, he'll be quite the player. Man, I really just want to see him playing at least in Segunda.

Giggsy1986, Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  9. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know this is going to be taken in a bad way because every time someone has a good game, the right thing to do is praise him endlessly and claim him as the second coming. But I’m going to say it anyway... I still see his lack of size and disinterest in pressing or any kind of defense as a problem for some coaches. If he was 5’11”, it’d be fine. But as he moves up the ranks, he’s too small to be a center forward and doesn’t defend enough to be a wing. Maybe he was better defensively than I saw (players were far away and I watched on a cell phone), but it didn’t seem like he had much interest or ability on that side of the ball.

His speed, quickness, positioning, and finishing ability seem other worldly, so maybe teams will find a way to get him involved. At one point, he stood in the edge of the 18 in the attacking third while the ball was in his own end. When his teammates finally brought the ball to the attacking third, he backed off about 15 yards. Then when he got the ball, he darted toward the end line, blew past the defender, and got a short cross away. He clearly knows that his speed is his biggest asset and he knows how to use it. He’s also very aggressive and isn’t shy about shooting.

I hope teams will find a way to use his strength as he gets older like Villarreal has, but I don’t see him as the type of guy you just plug and play into any system.

10. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I think that the fact that he is not with the first team at this point says something about his all-around game. It might be his defensive work but for how tactical the game is in Spain he might have been asked to not track back. You don't see Messi, Neymar, Ozil, etc. tracking back.

My uneducated guess on why he is not with the first team at this point is his maturity or lack of consistency. I am completely guessing but for a #10 either in the wing or a central position, most teams will not worry about tracking back. He does do a good job pressing the backline so I don't see that as a main concern. If he throws together a few games like the one he just had he should get a call to the first team or we can assume at that point he is not in the future plans of Villarreal.

justinpaul10 and Gacm32 repped this.
  11. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Extended highlights here.... I missed the first one but Mukwelle should have had three penalties given in this match.

Nice post match interview...completely fluent. Good for him.

Pl@ymaker and Winoman repped this.
  12. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    I see 3 PKs in your clip. Slap on the neck, handball and the one that he got.

Gacm32 repped this.
  13. DC_Dave

DC_Dave Member+

DC United
    United States
    May 16, 2017
    On Wednesday (2/28), Mukwelle played 87' as Villarreal C visited Paiporta in Spain's Tercera and drew 1 - 1

14. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gacm32, Bob Morocco, Winoman and 2 others repped this.
  15. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I watched the full match, he is in top form right now. I love that he’s playing his natural role as a #10 this season.

Gacm32, Winoman, ShaftBrewer and 2 others repped this.
  16. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Anyone have his stats from this year? A quick scan of transfermarkt doesn’t bring up much

17. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    positive month for him. playing himself into a possible loan to a segunda team next season? surely wont play another year with villarreal C

18. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad the young man is still grinding.

19. soccerndo

soccerndo Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    [

Went 90 this past weekend

20. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Looked good. How many disallowed goals? 4?

21. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Extremely entertaining match.

Gacm32 repped this.
  22. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So now that this season is almost over, what can we expect from Akale next year? Is he supposed to remain with Villarreal C? @Giggsy1986 I'm mostly looking on your opinion here since you know way more about their system than I do, but I'm just wondering if there's going to ever be any news with Kwelle.

23. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I asked a few local Villarreal reporters the same thing about two months ago and they always seem annoyed that I am pushing the agenda with the first team. They always just come back with a be patient and a step by step response. They like him they say he has a lot of potential and that is it.

I mean you can look at prospects like Dario and Pedrito... they each got one appearance with the first team this year and Franco Acosta got loaned out to the first team of Racing Santander.

My guy is telling me that next year we will see a loan or a move as I am under the understanding that he cannot play with Villarreal B until he has been in Spain for five years.

KUSA77, Gacm32, SCSAutism and 5 others repped this.
  24. soccerndo

soccerndo Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    From the grapevine inking a two extension

Gacm32, Eighteen Alpha and TarHeels17 repped this.
  25. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He is inking a two-year extension? I'm very curious as to how much his label as a foreign player is a part of this. That puts him at 23 and 5 years in Spain.... I wouldn't be surprised to see a loan then this summer for a full year.

Gacm32 repped this.