Mueller indictment thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by superdave, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    How long you gotta scrub yourself with bleach after venturing there?

2. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    That's true. But the media was reporting on it in real time at the convention. Don't recall if Mitch or Paulie were asked about it.

3. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I've seen @Demosthenes over there too so it can't be all bad :)

rslfanboy and American Brummie repped this.
  4. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe it was a kind of "proof of life." Maybe it was how Manafort was supposed to show he had juice.

NORML repped this.
  5. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca

6. beerslinger23

beerslinger23 Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    His demonstrations have led to an administration that has become a clear and present danger to western democracy. A few good men stand in the way and protect our national treasure from irreparable harm.

7. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ******** Kevin Spacey.

sitruc, Deadtigers, soccernutter and 2 others repped this.
  8. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    More interesting to me - Mueller announcing Papadopolous pleaded guilty to lying to the investigators, seceretly, on Oct 5th. Why announce that today? Perhaps because he was directly involved with matters of Trump Campaign and Russia contacts.

Unfortunately for Trump and his 35%, this is just the beginning, not the end. I'm sure they got Papadopolous to flip, sndf they're going to work on Manafort to give up information on other campaign heads.

Unless Manafort really doesn't have anything to sing about, or he has more loyalty to Trump than anyone else on the planet, dominoes are gonna fall pretty quickly.

beerslinger23 repped this.
  9. beerslinger23

beerslinger23 Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    rslfanboy and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  10. NGV

NGV Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Exactly. We know from Manafort's revealed emails that he and his crony Kilimnik tried to use his stature within the campaign to "get whole" with Oleg Deripaska. In practice, that would involve demonstrating that you can provide something useful to Putin.

11. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Any reaction from Congressional Cons? Still pimpin those tax cuts?

12. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    I do recall Trump dissing the IC. "Some are saying" he's got it coming back to him in spades.

13. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    This press briefing is going for humor with a mind numbing tax lesson.

sitruc, Gamecock14 and American Brummie repped this.
  14. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Papadopolous was just a volunteer. Lol.

sitruc repped this.
  15. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The idea that Paul Manafort was brought on just for delegate management distracts from the fact that Gates was A WHITE ********ING HOUSE ********ING EMPLOYEE this Spring.

16. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    To be fair, has anyone explained to Trump what collusion means?

17. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He wouldn't understand if someone did.

Deadtigers repped this.
  18. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A few thoughts on today:

A couple of low hanging fruit which everybody expected. And since Flynn was not arrested, that says got a deal.

The biggest deal today is that Papadopolous (who's gonna be the first to learn to spell that name without looking it up?) cut a deal more than 3 weeks ago, but it didn't leak. That has got to make the White House nervous. Also, that they posted the deal suggests that there are others, and that Team Mueller is trying to make people nervous and observe who to push. Undoubtedly, there are others out there, and those in the WH are going to be suspicious of everybody.

There is no way 45 can win this. His whole MO is to get into a personality conflict and negatively characterize his opposition. Mueller does not say anything, so there is nothing 45 can do to retort or claim to get into a personality conflict.

To use a sport metaphor, this is only midway though the first half. But Team Mueller has been probing, and finally scored. It was inevitable, but the game is not done.

19. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    He thinks it's his daughters perfume.

20. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's small potatoes compared to this.

Can't remember where I read it now, but the way the indictment characterized Big Papa is that he's been wearing a wire since he was arrested in...July, IIRC.

21. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I want to believe. I want to believe. I want to believe.

rslfanboy, flowergirl and Boloni86 repped this.
  22. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Trump's campaign/administration continued to talk about the obstruction of justice or collusion stories to George Papadopolous after his July 27, 2017 arrest, then they all deserve life in prison. People that stupid shouldn't be allowed to drive cars or run governments.

The very idea that he could have worn a wire should shock everyone in this country. It would mean that he still had ties to the White House. It would mean that Sanders was lying today when she said these people weren't involved with the President. It could mean hundreds of people from the Attorney General to the Chief of Staff (and DHS Secretary) to the goddamn body man going to prison.

23. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do we trust Buzzfeed?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeednews/manafort-gates-mueller?utm_term=.ui0XWpQEG#.bxn64LnmZ

"Public disclosure of of the defendant's initial appearance, however, would significantly undermine his ability to serve as a proactive cooperator," prosecutors wrote in the motion to seal."

Remember, this guy was arrested months ago, and pled guilty about 3 weeks ago.

This indicates he wore a wire while talking to Manafort and Gates, I think.

roadkit repped this.
  24. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    What's Fox leading with tonight? I'm too exhausted today to check. I'm guessing more uranium stories?

25. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Fox's lead - "Mueller's Ridiculous Claims"? It features the comments of Paul Manafort's lawyers.

Serious question -- There are many laws governing false advertising. In various ways, companies are not permitted to lie about their products to consumers. Could Fox not be culpable for calling its service "News"? Serving as the White House's mouthpiece is not "news," as I define the term.

Q*bert Jones III repped this.