Mueller indictment thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by superdave, Oct 28, 2017.

1. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I suspect we’re going to have to riot in January. There’s so much corruption to be uncovered that they’re going to refuse to leave.

2. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Other anoraks collecting up all the dots is helpful when you forget so much down the years

Trump / Russia was blowing up from new years day on so it is pretty clear Trump told Flynn to lie about the sanctions talk to attempt to conceal the truth - that Trump planned to roll back the sanctions to reward Putin for interfering in the US election

Then it looks like Flynn lied to everyone including the FBI as a coverup, just like we always thought

IMO the most interesting aspect of all is why did Trump actually fire Flynn?

dapip and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  3. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    The paltry sum that Putin spent to help Trump get elected has got to be the best investment ever made.

Funkfoot, dapip and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  4. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Lost in all this, he had a call with the Boss this AM to talk about Russia being let back into the G7

dapip repped this.
  5. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To recap:

Flynn pled guilty. Then he changed his mind. Then AG Barr decided to let the traitor go, since he hadn't ratted out Trump. The judge asked a retired judge to review the actions of the "prosecutor," i.e., the USDOJ. That retired judge has thoughts.

<long quotes>

“They contradict and ignore this Court’s prior orders, which constitute law of the case,” Gleeson said of the DOJ’s new reasons for why the case should be dismissed. “They are riddled with inexplicable and elementary errors of law and fact.”

Gleeson described the DOJ’s explanations for dropping the case as “not credible,” saying that it was involved in “corrupt, politically motivated dismissals.”

“The Government has engaged in highly irregular conduct to benefit a political ally of the President,” Gleeson wrote.

Gleeson recommended to Sullivan that, rather than initiate a separate contempt proceeding against Flynn for perjury, he should take into account Flynn’s perjury during sentencing in the underlying case.

and also

“The Government has engaged in highly irregular conduct to benefit a political ally of the President,” John Gleeson, the court-appointed amicus, told U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan in a filing arguing against the case’s dismissal Wednesday.

Sullivan had appointed Gleeson to oppose the Justice Department’s request last month that Flynn’s case be dropped.

Gleeson on Wednesday called the DOJ’s reasons for dismissing the case “pretextual” and “conclusively disproven by its own briefs filed earlier in this very proceeding.”

<end quotes>

"Riddled with inexplicable and elementary errors of law and fact” is basically this administration's mission statement, except that its errors also include errors in judgment.

sitruc, ChrisSSBB and M repped this.
  6. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Shorter - GFY, Barr & Trump.

dapip and ChrisSSBB repped this.
  7. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great. Massive legal F**** off to Barr and the DOJ. Now the only option left for the Douchey is to pardon Flynn himself.

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  8. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Has one person on this board who did not vote for Hillary Clinton admitted that this sort of thing would not have occurred under her administration?

Ah hell, I can generalize that for the entire country. There definitely have been people who were once Trump supporters who have turned on him, but to get any of them to admit being wrong about Hillary ... not so much.

dapip and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  9. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There were no emails involved, so <shoulder shrug emoji>

dapip and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  10. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    You'll enjoy this one. Not The Onion

It's not that Trump supporters aren't watching events unfold across the country; they simply view them through a different lens than many Americans. Take, for example, the photo-op outside St. John's Episcopal Church last week near the White House as authorities cleared peaceful demonstrators from Lafayette Park.

"I thought he was displaying his support for the Christian church," said Beverly Slough, a member of the school board in St. Johns County. "I thought it was very, very brave to walk there."

She praised the Trump administration's economic record and she did not blame the President for the soaring unemployment in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak. She said her only advice for the President would be to think twice before sending incendiary tweets.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/09/politics/trump-supporters-florida/index.html

dapip repped this.
  11. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    So I’m listening to the Flynn appeal hearing. Not a lawyer....but it certainly doesn’t sound like this is going well for Flynn.

12. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Wow. This is so bad I feel like I could argue for the trial judge by discussing soccer, MLS, debating whether Klinsmanb sucked... and win this without issue.

13. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I was going to do a post about Flynn but it is just so corrupt and absurd I can't be bothered.

Preet Bharara is a good listen on the relevant issues.

Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  14. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roger Stone posted this.

[​IMG]

sitruc repped this.
  15. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    ******** you you rat ********ing traitor

The Jitty Slitter and dapip repped this.
  16. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    What this guy said...

17. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Yeah I agree with Preet on this

There was simply no reason to grant Fynn's Mandamus application

It could have been decided in the first instance Court, then appealed

So now we get the right result in effect. It will go to full appeal.

18. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Trump commutes Stones sentence. Unbelievable. He doesn't even try to hide it.

xtomx, sitruc and dapip repped this.
  19. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    The beauty of running a cult.

dapip and ChrisSSBB repped this.
  20. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Dear Donald

I want you to know....to the very bottom of whatever soul you possess....this fact: nobody will ever commute your sentence. Your life will end in a cell in the state of NY. Tick tick you miserable piece of shit.

21. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Attica!! Attica!!

22. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    For the life of me I don’t understand why I cannot write the word tock on my ********ing apple devices without an autocorrect

Tick tock

tick tock

tick tock

xtomx, superdave, sitruc and 2 others repped this.
  23. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL I was going to correct you when you wrote the initial post, but decided not to be pedantic.

diablodelsol repped this.
  24. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Yeah, ios autocorrect is ducking stupid.

25. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The cover up is complete now.