MSI bought renteria

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by Hartfield, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C
    Renteria a Colombian player was bought (or looks like) by MSi who happens to own Porto...I heard he might be going to Porto. ANyone heard anything about it?

2. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    MSI doesn´t owns FC Porto, they don´t have any kind of deal or partnership with us (not even shares) but they seem to be involved with Boavista(another team from Porto city).

3. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    he most be confused with Boavista, a rival of Porto

4. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C
    you're right...my apologies...

we all know that Boavista is better. :D

5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I have to agree :D

6. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'll have to disagree with some of what was said in this thread.

I think it's hard to say there's no situation between MSI and Porto. It may well be that there's nothing on paper, but I think heads of both companies are probably on good terms with each other because when you hear about big players going to Porto the name MSI seems to be almost always be brought up. This happens to be the case with some clubs in South America when they're selling and buying players.

They were even trying to fund Corinthians' attempt to buy Liedson from Sporting. Same thing with guys like Tevez; a lot of money being put in by these agencies and I have a feeling that there's something a foot in all this.

7. robocope

robocope New Member

Apr 9, 2005
    Lisbon
    It is not related with F. C. Porto.MSI ...Abramovich , bought 20% from Boavista what means they will start doing the same as Corinthians.

8. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    MSI buying this certain player MAY have nothing to do with Porto; BUT MSI is not completely owned by Abramovich. And I would find it very doubtful that Porto had nothing to do with MSI when MSI is the one buying players for them most of the time while Porto are only getting percentages in their players.

That's like having sex with a woman but insisting that there's no relationship.

I doubt MSI would buy players for Porto just to be nice to them.

9. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    I have heard nothing on this matter.