MSG production sucks

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by okcomputer, Jun 10, 2007.

1. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    The telecast is lifeless because the announcers arent there. They sound like CNN anchors translating an al-queda video. The camera angles are always late or doing close ups of players while the ball is in play. They free kick Angel took was totally botched as the camera arrived late. It has all the quality of acable access program. Terrible.

2. colinh9

colinh9 New Member

Apr 26, 2003
    NY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Yeah its been awful the past couple of times. I had made a thread about the Toronto game(seagullC) Angel's free kick was botched last week as well, and that time he scored. Dissapointing really. I usually don't mind JP and Shep, better than ESPN and FSC lately but they've been pissing me off too.

3. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    I bitched heavily about this too when we found out that MSG would not be sending the announcers to the away games to cover them live...It is beyond bad... as I wrote months ago... I love JPdelaCamera but he is going blind and can't call the game of of monitors... The announcers need to be there so they can see what is not on the screen to let us know what is going on...ie..they didn't even know Sinisa had been subbed in towards the end of the game till minutes after he came on... It is certainly better than nothing but MSG and RBNY should do the right thing and spend the $ on sending JP and Shep to the away games...

4. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    There's nothing to blame MSG on this.

Blame deGrandpre and the entire Red Bull organization on what should have been the easiest television negotation ever. Instead, they wound up settling on a deal only two weeks before the season opener.

MSG no longer shows baseball and is desperate to show something. This never should have been an issue. Only deGrandpre and the Red Bulls could f@ck up this thing.

5. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I think the tv feed might be coming from the host team, and the MSG announcers are back in a NYC studio at MSG.

6. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    what sucks about it is that I think JPD and SM are great announceres for MLS
    but they are handcffed by the crap budget of RBNY. JPD is my pavorite soccer announcer in this country and I feel like he can't do his thing. Deiterich, come on. You paid for JPA and Claudio at least pay for some respectable broadcasting.

7. mercury3164

mercury3164 Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Manhattan
    I'm not so sure the feed comes from the host team...cause telemundo had this one and the cameras seemed different to me and i watched both broadcasts. I could be wrong...either way, you're right they are just sitting in the MSG studio watching the game just like anybody else on tvs.

8. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still, Shep and JP in a studio is 5 times better than most other English broadcasting pairs.

9. stanleyt

stanleyt Member

Dec 7, 1998
    Harlem, USA
    And f@*k it up they did. Last season, MSG had a pre-game show, post-game interviews and a weekly recap on the team. All of that is gone. Many claimed that we had the most professional cable broadcast going out of all the MLS clubs. I just hope that this deal was only for one year. As it stands, NLL and Arena Football (no, not Kenny's dad) could outshine RBNY broadcast-wise.

10. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dunno Allen Parry if I'm not mistaken is one of my favorites.

11. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    For $130 they could have caught the bus at 8th & 31st! :D